N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I think anybody who comes into this thread from now on should expect spoilers; what is there to discuss other than the Dojo updates or playable demos at events? Why would anybody read this thread between now and release if they don't want anything further spoiled?

I don't see why all discussion should be kept to spoiler tags.

Well, there's always the odd one out who wants to discuss the game without being spoiled. But I see your point. It'll be tedious to tag everything. :)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In two weeks the game will be released in Japan and that's when other stuff besides the Dojo will be revealed. I think discussion about the full roster and Subspace Emissary (ending + final bosses) should go in spoiler tags. I know I won't be able to avoid spoiling the full roster but I want to try and avoid any spoiler about the SSE. Discussion about the daily updates shouldn't have to be in spoiler tags, as far as I'm concerned as I will be following them anyway.

Well it won't be before the US release of March 9th? so your talking end of March, which could possibly be the first release date for Europe.

Not sure it'll be April...Perhaps we'll get Mario Kart before Brawl? You never know...

End of March is Pro Evo Wii day, so I doubt Konami/Nintendo would want Smash to interupt Pro Evo sales in anyway. I say April, maybe around Easter when all the kids are on half Term.

But then looking back, Nintendo Europe seems to love May. The Gamecube was launched in May, Wind Waker was released in May and Melee was released in May.

Well yeah, fair enough to put that stuff in tags but then why was Danny Boy tagging info from the dojo?

Well, I hadn't quite made up my mind about how much I actually thought should be tagged, so it just seemed a little un-clever to be saying "Spoilers should be tagged!" when I had just commented on something spoilerish.

Looking back on it, it seems kinda dumb. Anything revealed before release will not be very spoilerish when it comes to secret characters, Subspace Emissary plots etc. When the game is released and extreme Japanese gamers unlock everything in mere hours and start posting it on the net, THEN we need spoiler tags. Some people just don't want to know everything before they discover it themselves. They may meet secret characters online, but that's a risk they have to make up their minds if they're willing to take.

I agree spoiler tags should be used for Japanese info, but not for Dojo info, or that is completely pointless. Then again, if the Dojo stops at the Japanese release, is there any need for people to be coming in here anymore after that anyway?

I agree spoiler tags should be used for Japanese info, but not for Dojo info, or that is completely pointless. Then again, if the Dojo stops at the Japanese release, is there any need for people to be coming in here anymore after that anyway?

Yeah. Dojo is fine, Japanese is not.

People will come here to discuss their anticipation, reviews from big sites, European news (if we ever get any) etc

Does 'Tag Japanese Spoilers' make it clearer?

End of March is Pro Evo Wii day, so I doubt Konami/Nintendo would want Smash to interupt Pro Evo sales in anyway. I say April, maybe around Easter when all the kids are on half Term.

But then looking back, Nintendo Europe seems to love May. The Gamecube was launched in May, Wind Waker was released in May and Melee was released in May.

I don't really think Konami has got much to say on this matter. Could be wrong, though.

I find May being the most likely month of release.

People will come here to discuss their anticipation, reviews from big sites, European news (if we ever get any) etc

Yeah that makes more sense, nice one.

Yeah, that should work. :)

Now for something completely different: Is this 200-page guide you guys and gals are talking about going to be translated to English? Or what is the deal about it?

Now for something completely different: Is this 200-page guide you guys and gals are talking about going to be translated to English? Or what is the deal about it?

Nah. It turned out that the guide was 99% info from the Dojo. One or two new trophies were revealed, but that's it. A large part of it was character history and explains some of the moves (like Link's Final Smash comes from Soul Calibur 2 and Mario's Final Smash is from Super Mario RPG).

He slashes people like crazy in the triforce attack thingy. :)

Oh good, now I remember. The 209324 other people telling me couldn't get it through, but now that you've said it 4 hours later, I finally got it!

That came out snidier than I intended. Sorry:heh: