Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this new challenge mode the same as the one in Melee, that was already announced for Brawl, but with a fancier way of unlocking? Or is it yet another completely seperate mode?

It basically:

1) Shows what you can unlock

2) Gives hints to how you unlock them

If it was delayed it wouldn't have anything to do with development or translation, just a marketing decision, perhaps while they better prepare their advertising campaign (in the hope they have something good....)

Yeah I can see what you mean. Wii sales won't exactly jump too much because of Brawl seeing as like, you know, it's selling stupidly well already.

If it did get delayed for a while it's probably because they know that they don't have much to release this year apart from this, Wii Fit and Mario Kart (he's hoping they've got more up their sleeve lol).

Yeah I can see what you mean. Wii sales won't exactly jump too much because of Brawl seeing as like, you know, it's selling stupidly well already.

If it did get delayed for a while it's probably because they know that they don't have much to release this year apart from this, Wii Fit and Mario Kart (he's hoping they've got more up their sleeve lol).

I'm 95% sure America will see Animal Crossing Wii at the end of the year.

I'm 95% sure America will see Animal Crossing Wii at the end of the year.

-Sigh- I wish poor ol' England could see Animal Crossing Wii and the end of the year. But I can wish and pray I suppose!

And this new way of discovering things is pretty awesome! I usually give in to walkthroughs and guides after realising; There must be SOMETHING left to unlock I don't know about. I know it's bad, but hopefully this will persuade me to not do that. :D

Distant Planet

Pikmin’s protagonist, Captain Olimar, was forced to make an emergency landing on this unexplored planet.

Let’s just call it the Distant Planet for now, shall we?

stage22_080115a.jpg

The flooring in the middle of the stage is made of vines and is very bouncy.

As you play, you’ll see numbered Pellets fall from the Pellet Posies around the stage. Grab one of these and throw it into a nearby Onion to get items.

stage22_080115b.jpg

Here’s a Pellet and an Onion.

Also, this planet experiences frequent torrential downpours. When things get wet, you’ll want to stay away from the hill on the left, as it gets pretty treacherous.

stage22_080115c.jpg

Whoa, that’s some fierce rain right there!

Oh yeah – there are some fierce creatures prowling the area, so watch your step.

stage22_080115d.jpg

You sure it’s safe to stand there?

......What am I saying? Of course it’s not safe! Anyway, take care that you don’t get gobbled up.

stage22_080115e.jpg

Chomp!

---------------------------------------------

I like this stage!

Why have I never played Pikmin?

oh God that stage is so awesome. My favourite so far

BTW someone edited Sakurai's wikipeida article:

Sakurai Died on January 14, 2008 after a crowd of angry fans killed him for Delaying Brawl a 2nd time. A fan was heard screaming you must recover in the incident.

lol oh man (its been fixed since)

I really like this stage, looks very fun to play.

Japan and US have another update: game is delayed again: 31th january for Japan and 9th march for US.

I just looked at gamefaqs forum. I remember they were saying europeans are whiners for complaining about not having a release date... MUAHAHAHA!!

Serves them right, we haven't even got a date yet. I hope we still get it sometime in March then.

Brawl will be released here end of May.

Jan-Japan

March-USA

May-Europe

and i think USA are quite entitled to moan, you can't go given a game a specific release date, to the exact day. Delay it, do the exact same thing and then delay it again. It's a joke. USA shouldn't have been given a specific date until Nintendo knew 100% it was ready.

It's also unfair that Europe have been left in the dark over the whole situation, but now i'm pleased, i don't want to be given dates which they can't stick too.

It's obviously now been delayed further in Europe because of the USA delay.

Not pleased.

Brawl will be released here end of May.

Jan-Japan

March-USA

May-Europe

and i think USA are quite entitled to moan, you can't go given a game a specific release date, to the exact day. Delay it, do the exact same thing and then delay it again. It's a joke. USA shouldn't have been given a specific date until Nintendo knew 100% it was ready.

It's also unfair that Europe have been left in the dark over the whole situation, but now i'm pleased, i don't want to be given dates which they can't stick too.

It's obviously now been delayed further in Europe because of the USA delay.

Not pleased.

Bah. May seems like ages away... think it'll have a knock on effect on fit and mario kart? lets keep our fingers crossed.... id be really disappointed if i was american and id preordered it for someones birthday or something.

Nintendo need to do something about release date accuracy and availability.

EDIT: the pikmin stage looks awesome - at least we know it'll be worth the wait :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!