Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see another Dane in here. :) D3 is held from the 16th to the 18th November (Friday to Sunday) in Øksnehallen in Copenhagen. Check out http://www.d3expo.dk/ for more information and prices.

And yeah, it's optimistic. But last year (also in fall, I think it was November) both the Wii and PS3 were playable with both the Twilight Princess demo and WarioWare playable (and that was before release of both systems), so I'm still hoping.

Oh, and very cool stage update! I hope it's random and not like Poké Floats.

Reply within quote:

Returning:

Captain Falcon (F-Zero Icon) <-- Definitely in, I suspect won't change much from Melee, his moveset is perfect the way it is, except his incredible weakness in using the home run bat, hopefully thats fixed this time round;

Jigglypuff & Ness (Originals) <-- Jigglypuff yes, Ness i'm not so certain. Lucas may have just made him redundant;

Luigi (Original, probably only clone-like character) <-- Will return, Luigi will handle differently enough, especially with Poltergust 3000 featuring heavily in his moveset, coin punch will be cloney in nature still, Luigis Mansion stage is a MUST;

Ganondorf (New moves) <-- Certainty;

Marth (Older FE character, he's also in the new DS one) <-- Marth, again, not so clear. Would he be different enough to Ike to justify his inclusion? He was very popular in Melee, so he'll probably remain in the roster;

Mr. Game & Watch (Space for his icon) <-- Not a good chance of remaining in the roster, but might just make the cut for being unique albeit a little weak;

Sheik (Zelda transformation) <-- Certainty, pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere in an interview;

Mewtwo (Unique moveset. Could also be villain character for Pokémon) <-- GONE. Will be replaced with a new Pokemon. Lucario is a good alternative among a few others;

I can see Dr. Mario and Pichu getting removed and Falco, Roy (already has be Ike) and Young Link getting replaced <-- Dr. Mario could possibly be an alternative skin/costume for Mario, Falco gone, Roy gone, Young Link gone and Pichu all GONE;

Newcomers:

1. Generic Animal Crossing Player Person - Moves based on items in the game.

<-- Extremely good chance of this and pretty sure it was confirmed in an interview as per Sheik transformation;

2. Megaman - He just seems to fit. Don't ask why...it's just an itch I have. <-- Good chance, I so hope he's in, its basically him or Geno for the last remaining third party place (due to demand in survey);

3. Krystal - She seems to be popular, her staff can give her unique moves. I can see her replacing Falco's position. Also, no Star Fox villains seem to fit now - Star Wolf is just a costume change. <-- In. More female characters needed, would fit the bill appropriately;

4. Wind Waker Link - Wink Waker/Phantom Hourglass moves can give him new moves. Young Link seems to be in a cel-shaded style now all the time (WW, MC, PH) Replacement for Young Link. <-- Won't be in, Still too cloney, silly to have young and old version of Link, isn't it essentially the same person?;

5. Ridley - More villains seem needed for the adventure (Obviously, not all franchises will have one). The Melee intro shows that Ridley would fit (He looks taller because he's got the Metroid hatching in his claw). He's also quite popular worldwide. Kraid will likely be the Metroid boss. <-- Good chance of being in due to demand in survey and Melee intro as mentioned, right size, plenty of potential movesets at the creators disposal. I'd be surprised if hes not in;

Characters I'm not too sure on

6. King Dedede - Kirby has one new character, but Dedede would also fit. Could he just be a boss, though? <-- One of the most demanded characters other than Sonic, should definitely be playable in Brawl. Kirby boss could be the Nightmare Wizard/Cloaked Nightmare instead, you know how Sakurai is so keen on resurrecting old characters as seen already;

7. King K Rool <-- I suspect will be a boss unfortunately, I'd sure prefer to see him playable though, especially with his DKC2 outfit and moveset (his greatest form), might even post a concept moveset like I did with Little Mac a little later on;

8. Black Shadow/Deathborn <-- What could these guys do that Goroh couldn't, no place in Brawls roster at all;

ah man that looks ace I was waiting for the megaton that someone with a ds could connect and draw the stages as the other guys competed but that would be to sweet! lol.

At first I thought that was the point of this stage, luckily it wasn't because I don't have a DS and that would mean I wouldn't play on this stage at all. :p

Mr. Game & Watch (Space for his icon) <-- Not a good chance of remaining in the roster, but might just make the cut for being unique albeit a little weak;

[/Quote]

I'd say Game and Watch will definitely be in because his icon is the only one that still fits in number 13, as in the only missing world of Melee between all Melee series.

ah man that looks ace I was waiting for the megaton that someone with a ds could connect and draw the stages as the other guys competed but that would be to sweet! lol.

Would be useful in Co-op mode, could purposely shield intense opponents away from you with drawings (your partner doing the drawings that is). Continuosly stack up until they KO off the stage. Also draw a vertical barrier wall as they're trying to recover on the side.

Great to see another Dane in here. :) D3 is held from the 16th to the 18th November (Friday to Sunday) in Øksnehallen in Copenhagen. Check out http://www.d3expo.dk/ for more information and prices.

And yeah, it's optimistic. But last year (also in fall, I think it was November) both the Wii and PS3 were playable with both the Twilight Princess demo and WarioWare playable (and that was before release of both systems), so I'm still hoping.

Awesomeness! I think there's a good chance that the Smash Brawl demo will be there. If so, I'm so there! :bowdown:

Reply within quote:

Of course C. Falcon is going to be in Brawl. No doubt about it. His moves will probably be more or less the same as in Melee.

I personally hate Jigglypuff, she ruins every smash bros. games! But there's a good chance she'll be there, since she were in the first smash bros. and Melee.

Luigi, of course. He'll probably be a bit of a clone of Mario, but who cares? I liked the way they made him in Melee.

Ganondorf will be there with a completely new moveset. Perhaps this time with the sword he had in TP.

Mr. Game & Watch, Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo and Young Link are out, I think. Falco might have a chance, just like Marth still might have a chance. It would be nice to see Falco with a mix of his own moves and Fox's moves.

Dr. Mario should just be an alternative costume for Mario. Would be stupid if not.

I really don't know about Ness. I think he'll make it, but I really don't care anyway. His moves were weird and sucky.

And Wind Waker Link? No way, he's not gonna make it.

I would really like to see:

King Dedede (although not sure he will make it, because of Metaknight)

Krystal (would be kickass awesome with her staff)

Ridley (could work, although I doubt it)

Waluigi (perhaps, doubt it though)

Twilight King Zant (seriously, he would be so awesome, has no one thought of him? His FS could be like making everything go through twilight, damaging everyone. That would be awesome.)

Midna (the big question would be if she would be riding wolf link or not. I personally think she shouldn't. Would be cool to see her on her own. She could be floating a few inches of the ground when standing, and her special attacks would include her crazy orange from her... head. She could be a really nice, yet a bit tricky to control.)

Megaman (should definitely be in Brawl. And since Sonic's in, there's a good chance.)

Tails (just to accompany Sonic. He could be nice though. A kinda fast character, with gliding ability. He could use his tails for some cool attacks)

Also Skull Kid from Zelda MM! He could be really cool. But I doubt he'll be in.

Perhaps King K. Rool, but I don't think his chances are high.

None of these characters should be clones of anyone of course (except Luigi and Falco to a degree)

Didn't they say in an interview after having made Zelda Twilight Princess that they would include some unique TP characters for SSBB? I could have sworn I read that somewhere. :blank:

The hands-on from NintendoWorld is a very interesting read and sounds very promising!

By the way, I'm planning to go to this year's D3 expo here in Denmark in the middle of November (coinciding with the European release of Galaxy). It's the Danish equivalent of E3 (and so brilliantly named hereafter, Danish Electronic Entertainment Expo), and I'm wondering if I dare hope that Brawl will be playable. To be honest, I doubt it, but I wouldn't be a Brawl fan if I wasn't hoping, now, would I?

I definately hope that, as I'm going! It would be great. I might even want to miss my niece's.. forgot the word but it's the ceremony where a child gets water in its face, ish. XD But I guess Nintendo is poorly represented as always here in Denmark.

It could be the 'Touch Generations' logo, being series 21 it fits with the alphabetial scheme.... and that could open the possibilty of the Elite Beat Agents being characters :P

If either the Ouendan or Agents get assist trophies, it will be the greatest thing in modern gaming history.

entry_banner.jpg

BUMPED DUE TO COMPLETION...

KING K ROOL!

[A conceptualised moveset by Petey Piranah]

Kingkrool.jpg

***UP SPECIAL MOVE*** Would essentially be the upwards BOING jump King K Rool does in Donkey Kong Country and would be a very high vertical jump, making King K Rool great for recovering from large distances below that are still relatively close to the edge ala Mario coin jump, making contact with King K Rools thrusted chest would yield some damage for the player that makes contact. Also minor damage is done if you happen to be below King K Rools butt when he lands on surface again, again just like Donkey Kong Country where making contact with his butt would result in lost Donkey or Diddy Kong.

kkr1ur6.jpg

***DOWN SPECIAL MOVE*** Extreme ground pound just like the final boss fight in Donkey Kong 64, remember when he slammed his ass in the ring and those green forces of energy appeared? Well thats what would happen from the Down special move, would flatten the poor player that is under King K Rool while having these green forces of energy appear, having players needing to jump over them to avoid taking damage. The higher you execute the ground pound from, the greater the amount of green energy forces and the faster they move.

kkr2sp0.jpg

***SIDE SPECIAL MOVE*** Classic crown throw. Diagonal throwing can be performed as well in both up and down directions. Straight vertical crown throws are not possible, given its a side special move.

kkr3hy0.jpg

***STANDARD SPECIAL MOVE*** I couldn't think of a particular good standard B move for King K Rool, so just decided to go with the cannon balls out of thin air. When you press B, one moderately sized cannon ball falls from the sky where you hit B. Does slightly more damage than Kirbys down stone move.

kkr4ze7.jpg

***FINAL SMASH*** Kaptain K Rool - King K Rool upon activating a smash orb, becomes hes super powerful Donkey Kong Country 2 form Kaptain K Rool. Ballistic spiked cannon balls and reversal of controls purple blobs of energy shoot out of his cannon gun. Ridiculous amounts all over the place, straight, swirvy, just like in DK2 that deal considerable damage due to their speed. You also have the opportunity to perform side jet gun boost and ram into opponents dealing more damage. Finally you can get up close, suck opponents and if they get caught, FLICK instant KO.

kkr6tr1.jpg

***TAUNT*** YEAAAAAAAAAAAH, THAENK YOU! Perfect taunt as per Donkey Kong 64. King K Rool from Donkey Kong 64 with the blue outfit, championship belt and boxing gloves should be an alternative costume for King K Rool.

kkr5fq2.jpg

Conclusion: A character with great vertical recovery, weak horizontal recovery, slow character with mid to upper range strength and an effective final smash, if you're accurate enough.

Mental post there Peteski. I hope K. Rool is in Smash Bros. and some of your ideas seem good! You forgot about Kaos from DKC III, his robot. Maybe that could be the Final Smash?

Baron K. Roolenstein should definitely be an alternative costume for him!

I thought about Baron and KAOS Darks, but I just think it wouldn't work for a few reasons:

Baron primarily just flies around with his mini copter back device, he doesn't do anything for the most of the time and pretty much all of his attacks are based around a remote control with these huge electrical generators that create these horizontal thunderbolt lines. How could these be implemented in a moveset?

Regarding Kaos, it could work, but it just seems too similar to the already gigantic final smashes of Landmaster tank and Giga Bowser, in particular, the former.

I agree he could be an alternative costume, but he has nothing on the original King K Rool, both in terms of looks, voice, and attacks.

On a side note, this frame brought back a lot of memories:

fblowuh9.jpg

K Rool falls, Donkey Kong frees himself; BANG! One of the most satisfying moments in my gaming life. Awesome moment.

King K. Rool is cool, but I just don't like the shape of him. He seems so unbalanced for a character in fighting game. Extremely small legs, and then a huge body, two big arms, and a kinda stupid looking face.

Eh, I think he would look weird in Brawl.

I loved Poke Floats. It was vibrant and colourful stage full of hazard. To be honest if you are approaching Smash Bros as a fighter, you're in the wrong game. LSD-Inspired Confusathon Party game is a more accurate description then "fighter."

No Smash Bros is a fighter, in fact a very good one as I've recently discovered.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!