Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

This game is going to be so much fun. I always loved to play with different characters when playing with my friends, and it looks like it'll stay the same with this one.

Well what were you expecting; that they were only going to announce 4-5 characters:wtf:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interview: Yuji nake head of Sonic team,

It Was rumored around the development time of super smashmelee for GC that Sonic would appear as an unlockable character

EDGE asked naka-san if there is any foundation to this rumour, to wich he replied , It was very close but time constrains did not allow us to continue

with the ideam We can see the tears welling in nintendo and sega fanboys as we type this out But DONT rule anything out just yet

the experience has left a door open for us to work with nintendo on something familiar in the future, So we may see sonic and mario working or fighting together Soon,

sonicinmeleeis4.jpg

yeah oke thats true but he said fighting eachother? or is there an fighting mode in mario sonic olympics?

btw: simple update but nice to now but i think its easy to revover now with Gliding

nice background with the clouds looks like art

( wat i think tomorows update will be a new stage Or a new Song )

technique05_070830a-l.jpg

So you can choose the direction you're flying? And on top of that, Pit and Metaknight have multiple jumps? And Pit can even Fly with the Up-B?:o

Pit better be the lightest character on the roster. Or the weakest. That recovery is definately broken.

I'm guessing Charizard can't jump very high. Maybe his Up-B Move sucks as well. But with the gliding technique, I guess his recovery will still be decent.

Metaknight doesn't have a good Up-B move for recovery. He better don't. His swordplay is so fast, he jumps so high and glides. Metaknight will be such an awesome character.

If Ridley is in, he'll probably glide as well.

If Ridley is in, he'll probably glide as well.

This gives him even more of a reason to be in - 4 gliding characters sounds about right.

or is there an fighting mode in mario sonic olympics?

He was talking about things after the Olympic games title, so the "and fighting" part doesn't seem to refer to that.

Gliding

Characters like Pit, Meta Knight and the Pokémon Trainer’s Charizard are envied at first glance for their wings.

Rumour has it they can use those wings to sail through the sky like gliders. But that can’t be true, can it?

technique05_070830a-l.jpg

They... They’re really flying!

Magnificent!

From the perspective of the rules of Smash, I sense that mastering this skill could be quite beneficial. That is, IF you can master it...

technique05_070830b-l.jpg

First, do a mid-air jump!

technique05_070830c-l.jpg

If you continue holding the jump button, you’ll start gliding.

You don’t have to hold down the jump button, though. At the peak of your mid-air jump, you can also rapidly tilt the Control Stick backwards to forwards to link the jump to a glide.

technique05_070830d-l.jpg

Tilt the stick down (or forwards) to angle down.

technique05_070830e-l.jpg

Tilt the stick up (or backwards) to aim high.

Since it’s glider-style flight, you fly based on how you’re angled. You can control both your angle and your speed by pitching your "nose" up or down.

technique05_070830f-l.jpg

You can’t change direction though, so be careful!

If you stall out in mid-air or get attacked, your flight will be cancelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm worried about how they seem to make the game a lot easier with these moves. It looks like these characters will be hard to knock off with the recovery abilities they're getting.

Guest Jordan

My guess is, its going to slow and only used to stay in the air to stay above attacks.

Otherwise its seems fairly pointless for a quick getaway or a recovery.

I'm worried about how they seem to make the game a lot easier with these moves. It looks like these characters will be hard to knock off with the recovery abilities they're getting.

I wouldn't be to worried. By the way this entry was written, it sounded like gliding will be hard to control, let alone master.

come to think of it, it can't even be such a powerful recovery move since you can only use it with the double jump, not to mention that anyone with minimal projectile skills can stop the gliding.

Exactly. It works like Yoshi's second jump. Plus, someone who is good at gliding will certainly be able to dodge those projectiles.

If its a glide will you not slowly descend anyway making it fairly crap for recovery.

Go watch the second trailer. Metaknight was gliding, but he wasn't descending.

I just realized that gliding can introduce Smash to Air-Dash. A technique that's very fun to use in certain games. If that's the case, I will definately be using Pit more often.

Or the cape from Super Mario World Gizmo.

Yeah, definately. The bobbing up and down seems to have the same principle.

But I mean in terms of recovery as far as Smash Bros goes. People seem to be saying it will be really broken, but really it doesn't seem any worse than Peach's (or Jigglypuffs, due to that Side B punch) from Melee.

I'm sure it will all be balanced with weight, speed and power, which can't really be expressed on the site.

If its a glide will you not slowly descend anyway making it fairly crap for recovery.

Obviously you would descend at a very slow pace and cover a lot of horizontal distance. That being the very point of gliding. Durr.

Come on, that should've been really obvious.

Obviously you would descend at a very slow pace and cover a lot of horizontal distance. That being the very point of gliding. Durr.

Yeh definately lol.

It's interesting how they say that you can't turn around whilst gliding. Makes it more interesting I reckon.

And its a game about fictional characters such as pink blobs fighting I doubt they are going to put realistic gliding physics in especially considering the stages tend to be quite small.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!