N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I knew it looked a lot better but I never realised it looked so much better. Actually I thought SSBM was a lot more detailed but it looks quite dull in comparison. And just a few days ago I played SSBM and was still amazed by the graphics.

How good is this going to look then, once we see it in motion on our TVs?

Because of the fluidity of the game. I always get amazed when i watch brawl's trailers @ 60 fps (not the ones on the smash bros dojo). The game looks great in stills, but in motion it makes me want to grab it from my monitor, and put it right into my wii's disk drive.

In fact i still get amazed by melee's perfect and fluid engine and it's been 6 years or so.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSBM vs SBBB comparisons video...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/84141.html?playlist=featured

Some opinions after watching the video...

- Now decided Fox looks awesome in Brawl and has way more character than in Melee!

- Bowser looks better in Melee.

- DK looks like Homer in Brawl! prefer DK in Melee.

- Such a great character design for Pit, when you consider what he looked like in Melee!

- A number of the extra chharacter trophies in Melee look to be ending up as assists, so who else is likely to be an assist?...

Pikmin, Ballon Fight, Pico, Custom Robo characters, Starwolf, 1080/Waverace (ride in on an avalanche/tidel wave) etc...

Wow, I hadn't realised the difference was that great! It's amazing how 'vanilla' Melee looks in comparison. Brawl has so much style and character. I love it!!

Hmmm.... doesn't look like it would be all that difficult to avoid!?

Yep (myabe he move during this attack?) and Hyperbeam is a relatively common attack. This pokemon must have a better treatment considering his original abilities and huge potential.

So the three playable Pokemon will be Pikachu, Jiggly and Lucario then.

Why didn't you mention Mewtwo? He sure need changes but he must be in.

And maybe there will be no new pokemon.

SSBM vs SBBB comparisons video...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/84141.html?playlist=featured

Some opinions after watching the video...

- Now decided Fox looks awesome in Brawl and has way more character than in Melee!

- Bowser looks better in Melee.

- DK looks like Homer in Brawl! prefer DK in Melee.

- Such a great character design for Pit, when you consider what he looked like in Melee!

- A number of the extra chharacter trophies in Melee look to be ending up as assists, so who else is likely to be an assist?...

Pikmin, Ballon Fight, Pico, Custom Robo characters, Starwolf, 1080/Waverace (ride in on an avalanche/tidel wave) etc...

Holy shit. I hadn't realised just how great the graphical jump was, but that was...wow.

Guest Stefkov

Pit looks so much different. DK's fur reminded me of the Queen Bee's in Mario Galaxy, if something looks good I guess they should use it as much as possible.

Pit reminds me of Ishida, from Bleach, with his bow and arrows.

Why didn't you mention Mewtwo? He sure need changes but he must be in.

And maybe there will be no new pokemon.

Perhaps Mewtwo will come back, indeed. Also, I think theres a strong case for Meowth. How many Pokemon were in Melee? Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, was there any more? I don't think there were...don't know. But yeah, I'd expect it to be 3-5, with Pikachu and Jigglypuff definitely, and the other 1-3 would be betweene Mewtwo, Lucario and Meowth. But then I'm not up to speed with the happenings in the anime so there might be other contenders I don't know about.

You can play with 5 controllers on Bomberman on the Virtual Console. Any combination of remotes, classic controllers and at least 1 GC pad.

But I don't think we'll be seeing it in brawl TBH, but if EA are doing 32 player online play (albiet with an fps) then more than 4 players online would be possible, but would make it even harder to eliminate lag.

So technically it would be possible to do, but realistically I don't think it will happen.

Ahhh yeah. I assumed you couldn't because of my trouble with the Cubetroller clashing with my Wiimote ion the VC.

Perhaps Mewtwo will come back, indeed. Also, I think theres a strong case for Meowth. How many Pokemon were in Melee? Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, was there any more? I don't think there were...don't know. But yeah, I'd expect it to be 3-5, with Pikachu and Jigglypuff definitely, and the other 1-3 would be betweene Mewtwo, Lucario and Meowth. But then I'm not up to speed with the happenings in the anime so there might be other contenders I don't know about.

I really don't want Meowth outside of a pokeball. It will be kinda sad to have so much first gen pokemon. I think 4 is a good number for playable pokemons. Just replace Pichu by another and made him appear in a pokeball.

I'd rather have more franchise (and there's a lot of possibilities) represented than always the same.

I also hope there will be unlockable special costumes in this one. It missed me much in the previous ones. This also can be a way to make Dr Mario come back without taking a full spot in the roster. Some costumes may also give a different look to some attacks and sounds (ex: Dr Mario pills).

For example:

-Mario: Dr Mario, Tom Selleck Mario (the one with sunglasses from Sunshine), Tanuki suit,...

-Link: Zora armor, magic armor, fierce deity link,...

-Fox: Adventures costume, (Wolf?),...

-Luigi: Mr L, frog suit,...

-Samus: Power suit, Dark suit, Light suit, Fusion suit,...

-DK: Funky costume (can't find a better one for him),...

-Bowser: Skeleton bowser, bowletta,... but Giga bowser transformation may cause problem for this one.

-Pikachu and Jigglypuff: Hats like in previous ones

-Mewtwo: Metal armor from his movie

-Yoshi: Boshi and other yoshi characters from Mario RPGs

-Captain Falcon: Blood falcon (already in Melee), Phoenix,...

-Fire emblem characters: post-promotion look

-Peach: Nurse, sports outfit,...

-Meta-Knight: Samurai meta-knight

-Pit: Armor

-Zero suit Samus: 2 pieces zero suit

-Wario: classic outfit and the others of the numerous costumes for his games

I really don't want Meowth outside of a pokeball. It will be kinda sad to have so much first gen pokemon.

I think it'll be better with just the 1st gen ones. They had so much more character than the billions we've had since then.

Hmmm.... doesn't look like it would be all that difficult to avoid!?

Unless you throw somebody to the Hyper Beam.

Deoxys, eh? So one of the possible new playable Pokémon is not playable at all. Most people think that Lucario will be the new playable Pokémon, but I am still rooting for Ditto to surprise us all.:heh:

Guest Stefkov

I've always wanted Pidgeot as a playable character. Ever since SSB on the N64.

I can't see any other pokemon being playable. I don't see how jigglipuff got into Melee, it wasn't really that main of a charater in the cartoon was it?

I've always wanted Pidgeot as a playable character. Ever since SSB on the N64.

I can't see any other pokemon being playable. I don't see how jigglipuff got into Melee, it wasn't really that main of a charater in the cartoon was it?

I don't think that the cartoon had anything to do with that. Jigglypuff was the second most popular Pokémon in Japan at the time, therefore had good chances.

i too was shocked at the graphical difference between melee and brawl, i just hope it's going to end up online like they said it would be. I wonder which control scheme will be most popular amoung hardcore smash players and will you be able to use the VC pad for one player and Single Wii remote connected to it for the other player?

Unless you throw somebody to the Hyper Beam.

Deoxys, eh? So one of the possible new playable Pokémon is not playable at all. Most people think that Lucario will be the new playable Pokémon, but I am still rooting for Ditto to surprise us all.:heh:

Can't see Ditto happening. Thats Kirby's thing:smile:

Can't see Ditto happening. Thats Kirby's thing:smile:

I have already think of him as a Charade-like character who changes into another character each life he use. But I think the nightmare from Zelda: Link's awakening could have the same role with more personnality, changing into a dark version of each character.

There goes my hope as playable Deoxys, as previously mentioned his switching between modes would have been an interesting concept. Its a shame the pokeball attack doesnt make a point of this, as its the pokemons main feature.

The only way I see ditto happening is as a random character selector, rather than selecting to the empty space like you did in melee. not sure which pokemon to replace pichu with, Lucario seems like just a fighter, If a pokemon gets in I want to them to have something special, like mewtwos reliance on pyscic powers or pikachu's use of electricity. I think eevee would open up alot of interesting possibilities, although im not sure how you'd be able to choose which version you wanted easily. Theres not many pokemon I can see as whole characters, with a variety of attacks and interesting moveset.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee...they'd be awesome :D

I haven't played a Pokémon game in 8 years, or seen the show. Is it wrong that I still remember what the first 151 look like as soon as someone mentions their name?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!