N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

DK looks so much different with fur. He's always been smoothish looking.

New trailer is what they showed at E3. Looks really nice.

Although fans hoped that E3 2007 would provide the stage for hands-on gameplay sessions with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo recently announced that the title would not be playable at the event.

And today, we learned definitely that Brawl will, in fact, not be shown in any capacity. Asked why it would intentionally delay previewing one of its most anticipated Wii projects, Nintendo's Beth Llewelyn said that the company wanted to focus on other projects, but that Brawl was still very much on track for its December release.

"After we get back from E3, we'll look at the calendar and figure out the right time to do something very specific for Smash Bros. Brawl," added Llewelyn, who noted that there is no plan to release a new E3 2007 Brawl gameplay trailer, either.

Meanwhile, the official Smash Bros. Brawl website will continue to provide daily updates, weekends excluded, of course.

From - GONINTENDO

Disaster coming along, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. on hold, Smash online not confirmed, and Kirby!

Our very own Lube had a chance to sit down with Beth Llewelyn, and came away with some interesting info. I will have to edit the entire interview over the weekend, but for now we have some quick tidbits.

Disaster: Day of Crisis is still in the works and is “looking very goodâ€

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. has been shelved, but not canceled. No one is working on the game right now.

Smash Bros. Brawl online play can neither be confirmed or denied. Sounds pretty fishy to me!

Kirby has not been abandoned on the Wii. We were told not to forget about Kirby when asked where the Cube version went.

Jeez when they gonna confirm the damn things online? if they don't now it would be suicide! judging by the reaction the crowd gave Reggie when he told them the release date of Smash Brothers - There was complete silence despite him pausing for applause - I half expected to see some tumbleweed roll by lol :heh:

Why is the no Online thing being thrown about? I'm certain that when Smash got first announced the first things they said was that it was gonig to be online ( and I think that it's been said a few tiems as well) and Plus, why wouldn't Smash be online? Mario Kart is, hey can't have one less Big franchise thats not online, I'm confident it will and I can't wait.

Why is the no Online thing being thrown about? I'm certain that when Smash got first announced the first things they said was that it was gonig to be online ( and I think that it's been said a few tiems as well) and Plus, why wouldn't Smash be online? Mario Kart is, hey can't have one less Big franchise thats not online, I'm confident it will and I can't wait.

It might not be online because lag can be a huge problem in fast-paced, online fighters, where accuracy is important. In Mario Kart, if there's a bit of lag, the worst thing that can happen is other cars might jump around the track a bit, but in Smash Bros, it could mean the difference between landing a hit or not.

Update = Smashville --> Stage

Wait a second... Is this...an Animal Crossing stage?! And the name...well... Go ahead and poke fun if you must.

stage06_070713a-l.jpg

This should be a familiar sight to Animal Crossing fans.

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossing—even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii’s internal clock.

stage06_070713b-l.jpg

This is not the relaxing pace of any small town I know...

stage06_070713c-l.jpg

Hmm, it sure is dark.

And what do you think of all those guests hanging out? There sure are a lot. It’s like they all came to watch the big event.

stage06_070713d-l.jpg

And look, there’s the busy barista, serving coffee to the spectators.

But there’s more...

If you play a match here on Saturday at 8PM...

Oh, I’m too excited to even say it!

stage06_070713e-l.jpg

That’s right, a live performance. It’s a good time to be alive...

It might not be online because lag can be a huge problem in fast-paced, online fighters, where accuracy is important. In Mario Kart, if there's a bit of lag, the worst thing that can happen is other cars might jump around the track a bit, but in Smash Bros, it could mean the difference between landing a hit or not.

True, the LAg in Mario Kart DS is a bit of a bugger =/

lovingthe clock feature, Saturday KK Slider Song is an awsome addition

and a nice indication to what Animal Crossing Wii Will look like and I like it.

Didn't even notice someone had got above me ^^;;

Mike: Great that there's an Animal Crossing stage, but like most of the other levels, they layout is very boring.

I wouldn't fret just yet. Judging by the amount of stages in Melee, I'd expect close to 30 in the final game. Going by that assumption, only one fifth (20% of all the games stages) have been revealed. If it gets to the stage of having 15+ stages unveiled and they all have the similar flat interactivity limited setting, then i'd start to be concerned...

Out of the 6 stages unveiled, only todays unveiled stage looks a little boring, but I am not ruling out the entertainment value of the stage entirely though...

Justification of why the other 5 aren't boring with the flat layouts will follow soon. I posted it earlier but accidently deleted it and can't be bothered posting it again just yet...