N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that alot of people will see Advanced techers as the Motion2000 of the Smash world, just like when people got pissed off at snakers in Mario Kart. Although they may do it with good intentions, not everyone will think that way.

We all know that alot of people will see Advanced techers as the Motion2000 of the Smash world, just like when people got pissed off at snakers in Mario Kart. Although they may do it with good intentions, not everyone will think that way.

I am the master of snaking ha.

I find in strikers lobbing over the goalie is like that.

I can't see much cheapness in smash bros. What i love about beat em ups is when you lose.. There are NO excuses. They rarely have any luck in them. Strikers was horrible for luck.

I am the master of snaking ha.

I find in strikers lobbing over the goalie is like that.

I can't see much cheapness in smash bros. What i love about beat em ups is when you lose.. There are NO excuses. They rarely have any luck in them. Strikers was horrible for luck.

That's so so true. I hate it when people compare advanced techs in Smash Bros to snaking in Mario Kart. Snaking is an easy cheap tactic that anyone can do, advanced techs in smash are much harder to do well and are by no means cheap. People just seem to make the comparison because they're sour losers and it takes their fun away.

That's so so true. I hate it when people compare advanced techs in Smash Bros to snaking in Mario Kart. Snaking is an easy cheap tactic that anyone can do, advanced techs in smash are much harder to do well and are by no means cheap. People just seem to make the comparison because they're sour losers and it takes their fun away.

Well...exactly. The vast minority of players are going to go on to internet to find out how to excecute these techniques, and it isn't taught in game, so the people who do nerd out on the internet and sit learning them will be spoiling the game for others. As you put it, it needlessly "takes their fun away", which is why I find it so crap. Atleast for snakers, again, as you put it "it's a cheap technique that ANYONE" can do. Hell, they could even learn it mid-race and make a glorious comeback.

Relevant quotes:

"Advance techs are much harder" (Pretty much impossible to discover yourself without extensive outide guidence)

"Ruins their fun" (Great, selfish bitch :p)

"Snaking is easy." Exactly.

Just to set it to vibrate and finish you off, by this regard, snaking is much less cheep than Smash's harsher equivelant.

I don't know what you think I was arguing for, all I was saying was that snaking and advanced techniques shouldn't be directly compared. I'm not quite sure what your point was either, but the people losing shouldn't be complaining if you lose to someone who uses advanced techniques. If it does ruin your fun then that's all the incentive to learn these advanced techniques yourself and improve at the game.

I don't know what you think I was arguing for, all I was saying was that snaking and advanced techniques shouldn't be directly compared. I'm not quite sure what your point was either, but the people losing shouldn't be complaining if you lose to someone who uses advanced techniques. If it does ruin your fun then that's all the incentive to learn these advanced techniques yourself and improve at the game.

I've actually personally learnt the techniques anyway, but I'm not a big fan of them. However, the average gamer simply won't want to look on the internet and turn the game into a chore because some people are annoyingly using them constantly. Really, when you think about, it's more likely that the techer is the sore loser, going to great lengths just to beat people.

I could just hold this view because I play against the computer and newbs, I might actually enjoy teching when I finally get online and get some tasty competition, but I'll always be one of the little men at heart, and I'll always look on scornfully when a techer poons a helpless noob.

Im the same mate.

Rumours were going around that Roy got dropped from this version of Smash though. Can anyone confirm this or is it still just a rumour? I hope he still in as I used him alot.

It's still a rumour, it hasn't been confirmed yet. But it's extremely likely as Sakurai said he didn't want any clones anymore. And seeing that Roy was just put in Melee as an advertisement for the new Fire Emblem, his chances of being in again are not high. Add tpo that, the respective Fire Emblem game wasn't liked in Japan at all. I expect Young Link, Pichu, Dr Mario and maybe Falco are not returning as well. But I can't see Ganondorf not making the cut, he'll probably get a new moveset.

Update = Bowser --> Character.

bowser.jpg

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

bowser_070703a.jpgbowser_070703b.jpg

bowser_070703c.jpgbowser_070703d.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side NOTE: Pay particular attention to the second screenshot, it's the first time we are able to see the flag logo up close, is this logo traceable to any particular franchise?

This is going to be a great week of updates, if the first two are any indication.

I think so to, as there are only 5 more updates till E3 2007 (Nintendos conference that is), so I am expecting updates with GREATER tidbits to build momentum for the game prior to the conference having some possibly significant unveilings.

It's still a rumour, it hasn't been confirmed yet. But it's extremely likely as Sakurai said he didn't want any clones anymore. And seeing that Roy was just put in Melee as an advertisement for the new Fire Emblem, his chances of being in again are not high. Add tpo that, the respective Fire Emblem game wasn't liked in Japan at all. I expect Young Link, Pichu, Dr Mario and maybe Falco are not returning as well. But I can't see Ganondorf not making the cut, he'll probably get a new moveset.

No falco :( I'm sure he will be in it, hes one of the more used in my opinion. I also liked young link, but the others I could live without. Hope Ganondorf returns as well.

It says Bowser is going to be a little different this time around, what do you think they mean?? Maybe this time he will be half decent :o

Pay particular attention to the second screenshot, it's the first time we are able to see the flag logo up close, is this logo traceable to any particular franchise?

That's most probably Dolua Castle's flag, the final stage of the first Fire Emblem for the NES. That was the Fire Emblem in which Marth starred. So he's most likely coming back.

bscap0002.jpg

castle1qk8.jpg

The castles interior that is shown, still resembles more of a Kid Icarus themed stage rather than Fire Emblem... Also in particular pay close attention to Pits fingerless glove/gauntlet and the logo thats on there:

pit_070525b-l.jpg

& then look in the background of the 1st image. I think the mystery may have just been solved...

Well the exterior of a castle, is most likely Dolua Castle, as the flag looks almost exactly like the flag in Fire Emblem 1. And I've seen some comparisons of the inside of the castle to Fire Emblem 1. And it seemed to be the Fire Emblem castle with the same logo's and all, and the throne room organized as it is in the background of the stage. I don't think it's from Kid Icarus.

It seems that Brawl won't be playable at E3.

Yeah, apparently it's mainly due to the fact the E3 is so much more scaled down this year, Nintendo just wants to focus mainly on new titles...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7981/1/Smash_Bros._Not_Playable_at_E3,_New_Titles_Instead

Nintendo News | Smash Bros. Not Playable at E3, New Titles Instead

Quick News - Those expecting a full version of 2007 release Smash Bros. Brawl to be playable at E3 next week are set to be disappointed. However, Nintendo is keen to show off many new Wii games that have not yet been seen.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/nintendo-smash-.html

Disappointing news for Nintendo fans looking for hands-on impressions of Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- the Wii fighting game won't be playable at next week's E3.

Game|Life's media relations representative at Nintendo confirmed the news this afternoon, but stressed that Smash Bros. was still very much on for its 2007 release date.

Nintendo's stance is that they are going to have an E3 with a very narrow focus on a group of key software titles.

Several never-before-seen Wii titles will be announced and playable at the show, but due to the constrictive, tightly scheduled nature of this year's scaled-back E3, Nintendo wanted to have a smaller game portfolio.

i have an idea for the assist trophys that would be cool , like its hard to unlock them and you can use them to assist you but that you can also use the Wifi to trade your trophy for another one with people all over the world

it doesnt really botter me that it isnt playable , becouse i already seen enough from this game i want it in my collection now and play the damn game haha

Yeah, apparently it's mainly due to the fact the E3 is so much more scaled down this year, Nintendo just wants to focus mainly on new titles...

Just wondering. What is the point of the cubed3 article in that post?

Just wondering. What is the point of the cubed3 article in that post?
Just demonstrating that the news of Smash not being playable can be backed up by a number of websites...! Gives the news more credibility.

51441520070703_095014_0_big.jpg

So glad HAL updated the melee model of Bowser!