Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there may be a short animation for when the Smash Ball is used, just like how it happens in the trailer with Mario, Link and Kirby.

However the latest screens tend to suggest there won't be, with Mario just standing around in-game lit up and ready to use it.

Though maybe the animation starts when you activate it!

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074522013.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074458733.jpg

One thing though is Mario's Final Smash seems to be able to attack everyone on screen (if they are in range), where as Link's and Kirby's Final Smash seem to just focus on one player which obviously wouldn't be as effective.

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074505264.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074508936.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074453389.jpg

Maybe Mario's for example will +100HP maximum to each person (depending on how long they stay in range of the attack) and not necessarily result in any players being Smashed.

Where as Link's may +200HP to one player and either Smash them immediately or make them ready for a Smash.

Also, why is Kirby's final smash what it is?

Couldn't he have had something better like flying up to the edge of space on a warp star and then crashing back down onto someone! Though maybe that's not very Kirby!

Well, if it doesn't have the advanced techniques, then that'll just take most of the competition away from the game. Wavedashing isn't really that useful anyway, it's good for edgehogging quickly, but that's about it.

Ofcourse it will have advanced techniques, just probably the ones we are used to won't be as effective anymore. Hence the bitching.

All I know is advanced techniques won't save you when you play me:heh:

the trash talk begins...

I'm pretty sure all you "hardcore pro wavedashing" ssbm players will bitch about brawl, because it's not the same game. I just know it.

Erm, we'd bitch about a sequel to the game we love? No offense but i don't seen that happening.

Street Fighter 3rd striker is way different to the old Street Fighters, and I don't see people complaing about that.

Erm, we'd bitch about a sequel to the game we love? No offense but i don't seen that happening.

Street Fighter 3rd striker is way different to the old Street Fighters, and I don't see people complaing about that.

I do. People get too stuck on old formulas and can't tolerate changes. See FFXII or Elder Scrolls.

I'm sure there will be minor gameplay changes that will upset some people..

Yeah, probably, but that won't be limited to just the pro players. If Brawl becomes a game devioid of skill, then I'll be annoyed, but I'll still buy the game, and I'll still have fun with it. It really seems like you're trying to start an argument here though. Stop it.

I can't wait to get caught in the middle of a four-way rush to get the Smash Ball. It makes me feel that I was truly missing out by turning off items in Melee.

It just dawned on me that this game is going to be the tits. I'm overcome with the urge to hug Goron.

Looks like a minor update today, now we can use rapid fire weapons such as the Super Scope (confirmed as a returning item. Glee!) whilst moving and jumping. It makes me wonder, will this apply to special moves such as Fox's blaster as well?

technique01_070530a.jpgtechnique01_070530b.jpgtechnique01_070530c.jpg

How in the heck is Wario shooting with that thing without pulling the trigger?!

One thing though is Mario's Final Smash seems to be able to attack everyone on screen (if they are in range), where as Link's and Kirby's Final Smash seem to just focus on one player which obviously wouldn't be as effective.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirby's final smash works on more than one player. His chef ability in the games allowed him to grab every enemy on screen, cook 'em and eat 'em to regain full health. It is likely that each victim in Kirby's final smash will take some damage (perhaps 50% maybe) aswell. I imagine Kirby's final smash will be quite deadly indeed.

Looks like a minor update today, now we can use rapid fire weapons such as the Super Scope (confirmed as a returning item. Glee!) whilst moving and jumping.

I'm struggling to think of how this can be applied to your advantage. Usually a player with a gun simply taps the A button as fast as possible to keep the opponent continuously stunned, so therefore doesn't need to move about much.

Actually it might be useful when you initially get the item to be able to jump around on platforms to chase an opponent. Even one that's in midair, bringing him down to earth while stunned, and then shooting at him on the ground.

Also, you could taunt your stunned opponent by moving right up to them while firing at them. :)

Or, if it works, you could run up to your stunned opponent while firing, then firmly plant a boot into their face and send 'em flying. :)

Haha, that would be ace.

A good pistol whipping is probably too much to hope for.

This is going to dramatically alter some of my matches that I have with my mate. It's a running thing that we always stop each other from charging the super scope as you have to be still to charge it so it leaves you vulnerable. With this it's going to be so much easier if you can charge it on the move....

I would love for them to keep in Mr Saturn and the beam sword in. Wouldn't feel the same without them.

I can't wait to get caught in the middle of a four-way rush to get the Smash Ball. It makes me feel that I was truly missing out by turning off items in Melee.

It just dawned on me that this game is going to be the tits. I'm overcome with the urge to hug Goron.

Erm..... Cheers lol.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!