NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Just thought I'd post this ( From Matt Casamassina IGN blog ):

1. You can't transfer save files. Game won't let you copy save file data to an SD card. Therefore, if you've got any grand plans of rockin' through the title, amassing all the characters and then hooking your friends up, think again.

2. I'm pretty sure so far that online play is region locked despite Nintendo's original promises. I haven't connected with anybody from Japan and, in fact, have only played against U.S. residents.

3. All of our play tests with the import version of Brawl featured very smooth-running online play against friends between SF and LA. However, Boz and I have been trying online play with the American build and it's been pretty laggy so far. Not sure what that's all about. Hopefully the situation improves by the time the game officially releases.

4. Text communication during online matches with friends doesn't appear to have been censored. I tested this online with the dirtiest, raunchiest words I could think of and was surprised to see that they found Bozon on the other end of the connection, no problem.

5. This game is fun.

Cool, what IGN do need to test if American and Japanese friend code swaps work or if Nintendo have blocked that also.

Wait, so you can't move your SSBB data to your SD card, so we're gonna be stuck with a 128 block save file forever?

^pretty much (unless you delete it of course...but whos going to do that )

Codec conversation part 5 ( Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Ganondorf, IC, Dedede )

Codec conversation part 6 (Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Sonic, Bowser, Wario)

christ. I hate not being able to move saves. The buggers did the same with F-Zero GX. I bought a massive 1019 memory card, only to find i still had to keep the 59 GX was on.

If they want to stop me dishing out my save, why not link it to my Wii console number, a la, VC titles?

That Item encyclopedia on the dojo is nothing compared to some on the itnernet :D :P

Wait, so you can't move your SSBB data to your SD card, so we're gonna be stuck with a 128 block save file forever?

It was pretty much a given with a game like Brawl. Sucks ey.

Soon our Wiis will be full of unmovable files and Nintendo will have this to say:

"You don't need a Hard Drive; you just simply need to delete your old saved games and copy the saves you can move from your SD Card and lick Iwata's ring"

I just hope they come up with a way of being able to copy the Brawl save file when their next console comes out. I won't want to have to keep getting my Wii out whenever I want to play Brawl.

Everyone who imports the game is a communist

Before the freeloader was announced I was considering importing a Wii for Brawl.

Still clinging to the June 6th date?

Damn straight

Before the freeloader was announced I was considering importing a Wii for Brawl.

Oh dear, shame comrade

Everyone who imports the game is a communist

COMMUNISTS!

Yeah, a communist who will have a shiny copy of Brawl before you.

Yeah, a communist who will have a shiny copy of Brawl before you.

Damn you Stalin :(

You're not the only one buddy.

I woul;d do it but I dont want the fuss of having to use the freeloader every time, and the risk of it not working due to updates to the Wii and so forth so I will reluctantly twaddle on and wait for June 6th