NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It's a 10/10 to me. SSE isn't pretty bad, it's great, it's not an RPG nor is it an adventure game, but it's a great addition to smash and the fact that it's a sequel and manage to put so much new stuff in, that's also no reason not to give it a 10. I don't like scores though, but if other games get 10s, Brawl is one of the few games that deserves one.

I'd rate it this way

Presentation - 10

Graphics - 9

Sound - Motherfucking 10

Gameplay - 10

Lasting Appeal - 10

Overall - 11 (not an average)

I've just been playing the subspace emissary for a while and. WOW. The gameplay is just amazing. My favorite level so far starts out with a cutscene where you see a vent and then the vent is kicked open and you see a leg appear. Because of an earlier scene where you see snake hiding in a box you think that this is probably snake, but then you see that the leg is feminine. Then Zero Suit samus jumps down. The game play in this level is just amazing. Until you die and have to play with Pikachu that is. But seriously, the gameplay in subspace emissary is just plain amazing. Game-trailers was right in saying its like a Kirby game, but they were way off when they said it was disappointing. The only problem so far is it keeps timing out when I try to connect to opponents on NWFC.

I'm liking this better than galaxy and prime 3. It may even be better than ocarina, we'll see how it stands the test of time.

The sound is just amazing also. The music is enough to make you cry with all those re-mixes.

If you can only buy one game this year make it this.

And about the dual layer thing. Movie DVDs have been dual layered for years.

random battles are a joke. Why is the connection so bad? Against friends is good so dunno why random battles are so unstable.

and yeah SSE sucks big time!! They could of made this so much better..

Anyway, Gametrailers review is mediocre, i was expecting a 9.8 or 10.0, :'(

Since when is a 9.4 a disappointing score? A 9.4 translates as a Must Have in my books. A 9.8 or 10.0? Isn't that setting expectations a little bit too high?

Since when is a 9.4 a disappointing score? A 9.4 translates as a Must Have in my books. A 9.8 or 10.0? Isn't that setting expectations a little bit too high?

I was thinking a 9.6 to be honest, but perhaps the gameplay hasn't changed enough? Thing is, we don't want it to change do we?

I've just been reading up on this "dirt" issue with the dual-layer disc and what I don't get is why Nintendo are asking for the consoles to be sent back?

If dirt is the problem a "cleaning" is not going to solve the problem permenantly.

And would it not be more cost effective to make and sale CD cleaners than getting people to package up their Wii's and send them away.

If it is just dirt would a normal lens cleaner for a CD or DVD player not do the job?

I was thinking the same thing. If I have the problem, I'll just use a normal CD cleaner.

I've just been reading up on this "dirt" issue with the dual-layer disc and what I don't get is why Nintendo are asking for the consoles to be sent back?

If dirt is the problem a "cleaning" is not going to solve the problem permenantly.

And would it not be more cost effective to make and sale CD cleaners than getting people to package up their Wii's and send them away.

If it is just dirt would a normal lens cleaner for a CD or DVD player not do the job?

I have also read the conspiricy theories, and to be honest, they do make sense. Could there really be a defect with the lens that Nintendo are covering up with the 'dirty' excuse?

Well, some say that the laser speed wasn't well tailored to read DL DVDs, so could some have that problem and NIntendo just say it's dust and then, adjust the laser?

With the US getting this tomorrow NoE better have a release date for us soon, bloody ridiculous it's out everywhere yet we don't even have a date still.
Yeah, I mean they must have a rough idea of when it'll be ready, we should at least know what month to expect it by now. :blank:

I watched the gametrailers review earlier, really puts in to perspective the huge amount of content that is crammed in to Brawl. It'll surely be one of the most re-playable games of all time! Good job too, as I don't think we'll be seeing another Smash Bros. game for a very long time after this one...

Well, some say that the laser speed wasn't well tailored to read DL DVDs, so could some have that problem and NIntendo just say it's dust and then, adjust the laser?
Probably not, as Nintendo would ask back every Wii out there, and not issue press releases that mention a tiny amount of Wiis having the problem. Nintendo have done a bad enough job with the disc player and SD card reader's speeds, it will be an ultimate fail if the disc player can't even read dual layer DVDs.

Probably not, as Nintendo would ask back every Wii out there, and not issue press releases that mention a tiny amount of Wiis having the problem. Nintendo have done a bad enough job with the disc player and SD card reader's speeds, it will be an ultimate fail if the disc player can't even read dual layer DVDs.

Terrible job? Why? The games work faster than in the other consoles, I can't see why they did a bad job with the disc player. Nor do I have any problem with the SD reader, it reads songs and copies saves instantly.

What I'm saying is that the laser isn't FINE TUNED and because of that some Wiis might not work, because we're talking about very small precision errors.

I'm just speculating of course.

The reason why games are faster on Wii is because it has less memory to fill. The DVD player in the Wii is an 8x reader, while it could've easily been a 12x or 16x reader for a few dollars more per console, and load times in Metroid Prime 3 would've been the same as in MP1. Also, the SD reader is hell slow with me, but maybe it varies per Wii.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo has tested the Wii's dual layer reading capabilities beforereleasing the console.

Bah, my copy still hasnt shipped from VGP :(

Either has mine! What time is it in Canada?

Either has mine! What time is it in Canada?

Which part? Any time from 10am to 7am I think :p

Yeah same here. Canada is about 6 hours behind and usually stuff get's 'shipped there' when here it is about 5pm ish (well that's what has happened from past experience).

Yeah same here. Canada is about 6 hours behind and usually stuff get's 'shipped there' when here it is about 5pm ish (well that's what has happened from past experience).

Doubt mine will get shipped today since I did put the order in on Friday

This is where they send it and we find out it doesnt work

Doubt mine will get shipped today since I did put the order in on Friday

This is where they send it and we find out it doesnt work

Just got a purchase reciept, there being shipped now i reckon!

AND yours will most probably be shipped too!

Just got a purchase reciept, there being shipped now i reckon!

AND yours will most probably be shipped too!

I got my purchase reciept this morning and still hasn't said it's been shipped!

I just played it for an hour and a half and, wow. 8The best controller is the gam-cube controller*, I never tried the wii remote on side an **nun-chuck but I assume they're both bad**. The classic controller is a little awkward to play with.

*But you only tried 2 of 4, you can't say that without a full test

**Why?:wtf:

Terrible job? Why? The games work faster than in the other consoles, I can't see why they did a bad job with the disc player.

And the Wii doesn't scratch discs.