NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Seems they learned from the criticism they got from their Melee review :smile:

This score is exactly as I expected.

Edit: SSBB is currently averaging out on 98.3% on GameRankings :heh:

In the Video Review they say they've added mid air dodges. :blank: They have have mid air dodges since Melee. What I want to know is what else have they added. Melee added Mid air dodges, multiple grabs, wall jumps, catching items etc. I could go on, but what has Brawl added to the gameplay apart from adding more emphasis to aerial battles?

In the Video Review they say they've added mid air dodges. :blank: They have have mid air dodges since Melee. What I want to know is what else have they added. Melee added Mid air dodges, multiple grabs, wall jumps, catching items etc. I could go on, but what has Brawl added to the gameplay apart from adding more emphasis to aerial battles?

Crawling, wall climbing and gliding for specific characters.

Swimming, firing with gun items while walking, jumping upon the head of other characters,... and probably other things I forget.

In the Video Review they say they've added mid air dodges. :blank: They have have mid air dodges since Melee.

Air dodges are changed in Brawl, you can't air dodge in your own chosen direction anymore, but you follow your momentum now. They probably meant that.

Air dodges are changed in Brawl, you can't air dodge in your own chosen direction anymore, but you follow your momentum now. They probably meant that.

Ahh cheers for clearing that up.

You know, I only keep checking here in the vain hope of a release date now.

9.9 or bust. ALso 8.5 graphics? lol

Still, doesn't matter. What matters is that everyone buys this game.

nice review from IGN. They confirmed what I said about Story Mode a few weeks back. It is very weak!!

shame about the sungle player buts its always been about playin with some mates.

nice 2 c some reviews comin out and interestin 2 c if it can get on the top for games rankings

Now why on God's red Earth wouldn't Nintendo add a damned leaderboard?! Stupid decision.

Yeah no stats at all is slightly odd....

If you have more then one player around which can play on the same-console, i reckon that'll be better then online now really.

Now why on God's red Earth wouldn't Nintendo add a damned leaderboard?! Stupid decision.

QFT

Are we gonna have our own N-Europe leader board? Or some kind of tourney for the guys getting the NTSC version? I think most people will have the game by the end of next week.

no2playerwithanyonecq2.jpg

It's not possible.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :shakehead

Seriously, what the fuck? I was looking so much forward to teaming up with my best friend against other people online. :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :shakehead

Seriously, what the fuck? I was looking so much forward to teaming up with my best friend against other people online. :(

Well, I guess you can still do it with people in your friend list.

But yeah, it would be much better to do it in the "With Anyone"

no2playerwithanyonecq2.jpg

It's not possible.

DAMN! I was so sure:weep: damn you Sakurai!

Apparently, its because Sakurai didn't want people who were really low on the leader board to feel bad and have all the people who were ranked first second etc. to feel really good.

A bit of a stupid reason!

In Melee did anyone ever use the side-step dodge? I thought it was pretty useless. The roll is good though.

You guys do know that the friend code for Brawl is just your Wii system code... right?

really? wow, thanks for that. They finally found out that there making friend codes worse by making loads!Took them long enough! xD

What else they have added, I'm almost sure that I saw it on the main website........here we go! http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/technique10.html

In Melee did anyone ever use the side-step dodge? I thought it was pretty useless. The roll is good though.

It's the other way round mate.

Must admit I didn't even know how to use the sidestep dodge, I always used the roll. What did you need to do?

Must admit I didn't even know how to use the sidestep dodge, I always used the roll. What did you need to do?

You held your shield up using 'L' or 'R' and pressed down on the control stick. That was it and you just dodged a move. Simple. Hope I helped!:smile:

Keep them coming! That first Luigi screenshot is quality.

as for roll being useless, i thought it was pretty useful: roll, grab, punch grab, launch backwards, meteor smash, Done.

You guys do know that the friend code for Brawl is just your Wii system code... right?

Nah they use the friend codes mate which are unique to the game disc.

The one on the main page where Snake and Samus are lying down is weird. Its like Snake is staring intently on the busms.

Wario's laughter at Charizard's slow death is also quality

Page 6 when wario with bike and toon link facing the bull thing is mint too.