NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I already knew about pressing R to change to ZSS but there being another way to do that during a match is a great move by Sakurai. Linking also sounds like a good addition, looks like it could make combo's a lot smoother.

Could someone suggest a good place to import from?

Japan...

Du-dum tsh... ph34r.gif

I'll get me coat!

That was quality, even if it was done intentionally.

Loved the fact that Fox was getting owned when it happened.

Will it play on a PAL Wii?

n00b questions ftw

No. We Europeans must walk a long and lonely road to win Nintendo's favour.

No. We Europeans must walk a long and lonely road to win Nintendo's favour.

Even then Nintendo are likely to cut us down at the end of this road (been watching samurai champloo again -__-)

I don't know why they even bother giving out release dates for this territory. Sometimes they may as well just hand out bar napkins with "Dear Europe: Fuck You" scrawled on them in Reggie's excrement.

I don't know why they even bother giving out release dates for this territory. Sometimes they may as well just hand out bar napkins with "Dear Europe: Fuck You" scrawled on them in Reggie's excrement.

ROFLMAO ah and yet when the stuff does eventually get released we lap it up and keep quiet to the next heavily delayed game. hmmm when i think of delayed games, the awesome Jet Force Gemini comes to mind..

EDIT: After a quick check on wikipedia, the game was supposed to be released in august but was pushed back to november for polishing. Also even though it was developed by England based Rare, America got it first -__-

EDIT2: Can't believe i forgot about the first smash bros on the 64 which was released almost a year after the japanese got it. The pain is still raw nintendo. Anyways this pic brings back so many memories. So making this stage when I get the game:

Ssb_stageselect.jpg

Ahh...but now now...The EU ver. of Melee was the true, most polished one.

True. It was far more balanced.

Just curious, but how was the EU version of Melee tweaked? Were there complaints/inbalances about the US version? :wtf:

Just curious, but how was the EU version of Melee tweaked? Were there complaints/inbalances about the US version? :wtf:

There were about 15-20 changes made to the PAL version. For example, Marth's Down-air is a meteor attack and not a spike in the EU version.

For example, Marth's Down-air is a meteor attack and not a spike in the EU version.

What's that in English?

EDIT: Bit more complicated. Spike's are supposed to send you downwards and are nigh impossbile to recover from if you are above 40%. Meteor smashes is "a spike that can be recovered from through a meteor cancel" in that the person presses jump but at higher %, the window of recovery is smaller. Handy source for all technical aspects of Smash Bros

Ganondorf's Forward-Air was supposedly weaker in the PAL version, too.