NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Hopefully this has been fixed. They already started by diferenciating normal crates from the explosives. I seriously hope we can just turn them off.

You can; I've seen the Item Screen.

I might be wrong but when I played it yesterday the armour only comes off when you use a Super Smash with Samus or hold R on the GC Controller while selecting her and you can't get the suit back on. So it's kind of a one way change - until you respawn I think.

According to today's update, if you taunt up, down, and up really fast, you can change into Zero-Suit Samus. (Whether you can switch back is at the moment up for discussion.) When you get KO'ed, you start out in the same form you had when you got KO'ed.

No you can't!

When he says switch, he doesn't mean backwards and forwards at will, he means from suited-up Samus to ZS Samus.

Relax. :) No one can know for sure what he means, but we can all try to interpret it. Unless you have solid proof that it only works one way. Personally, when he says "switching between two fighting styles", it sounds very likely that you can switch both ways.

According to today's update, if you taunt up, down, and up really fast, you can change into Zero-Suit Samus. (Whether you can switch back is at the moment up for discussion.)

Relax. :) No one can know for sure what he means, but we can all try to interpret it. Unless you have solid proof that it only works one way. Personally, when he says "switching between two fighting styles", it sounds very likely that you can switch both ways.

I really think its one way as if it wasn't, it would make the hunt for the smash ball when you are Zamus, almost pointless. Also, the way she sheds the armour makes me think it has lost its power, which is returned when she gets the smash ball.

I really think its one way as if it wasn't, it would make the hunt for the smash ball when you are Zamus, almost pointless. Also, the way she sheds the armour makes me think it has lost its power, which is returned when she gets the smash ball.

It's not certain she uses the crystal flash to change back. But I might be wrong. Sakurai has again been very vague in his wording.

Omfg they've added Linking into the game (a technique that is in other fighters). Jesus the amount of techs in this game is ridiculous!

On another note, what's everyones favourite level so far? My vote would have to go the new F-Zero level, it looks incredible.

You can; I've seen the Item Screen.

:yay::bowdown::bouncy::grin:

I think that the Crystal Flash actually hurts other players, right? If it wasn't so, it wouldn't be much of a Final Smash

In many ways; my favourite is the Animal Crossing one, simply as it has the same affects as the actual game. Will that deer appear at Xmas?

I also like the look of the Wario Ware level, for the same sort of reasons, thoguh I can see myself disliking it.

The new Game & Watch level seems interesting too.

Somehow the new Battlefield really appeals to me. I just love the background (it's nice that you can use it for your own stages in the Stage Builder :)). It's so open and wide. I guess I didn't really like the darkness of the Melee one. What can I say, my mood is really affected by light. :)

I also look forward to try out New Pork City. Large and with a colourful background.

It's not certain she uses the crystal flash to change back. But I might be wrong. Sakurai has again been very vague in his wording.

Well here's the thing...

He says:

Yes, Zero Suit Samus isn’t the stoutest of fighters, so picking up a Smash Ball is cause for relief.

And...

So what should you do when you feel like playing as Zero Suit Samus from the get-go?

1: At the character-selection screen, hold down a shield button, then proceed to the next screen.

2: Quickly input taunts ↑↓↑.

He is saying, basically, "These are two ways that you can quickly change into ZS Samus if you want to start a fight as her, as she isn't available direct from the character select screen." Doesn't sound that vague to me.

Oh and I didn't mean to sound stressed before, when I said "No you can't!" I meant it in a :heh: kind of way, not a :mad: kind of way! :)

I'm really interested in the mario kart level, and also the pictochat stage. There are so many, though, that I can't actually remember half of them!

He is saying, basically, "These are two ways that you can quickly change into ZS Samus if you want to start a fight as her, as she isn't available direct from the character select screen." Doesn't sound that vague to me.

Didn't notice he had put it up that way before. That isn't vague and strongly supports the one-way theory. :) The vague thing is this:

It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms? Try it out next time you feel like showing off.

"Making Samus switch between two fighting forms" - doesn't the "between" seem to imply that it can be used both ways? Reading your post makes me believe you, but Sakurai is almost being contradictious here. Again, he has before used wording that was either vague or hard to interpret.

Oh and I didn't mean to sound stressed before, when I said "No you can't!" I meant it in a :heh: kind of way, not a :mad: kind of way! :)

No worries, mate. :)

Edit: Edited due to serious uncalled for harshness, sorry to anyone that read it. Especially Dannyboy. You're a good guy really.

Edit: Edited due to serious uncalled for harshness, sorry to anyone that read it. Especially Dannyboy.

Never read it, so no damage done. :)

You're a good guy really.

Why, thank you very much. :)

Played the game, it's really awesome, looks great, plays great, bla bla. Must play more.

Hands on soon.

Played the game, it's really awesome, looks great, plays great, bla bla. Must play more.

Hands on soon.

The first time I read that I swear it said hard-on soon :heh: .

The first time I read that I swear it said hard-on soon :heh: .

Knowing Hellfire, he probably had one before playing. :heh:

But seriously...what's linking? As in linking combos? Or is it actually what Kurtle said?

When you are doing combos, you can cancel the final few frames of a move after you have hit someone by instantly doing another move. This is a new feature to the Smash Bros. series, though i think it has appeared in many other fights (Guilty Gears in one!).

Knowing Hellfire, he probably had one before playing. :heh:

Right you are, right you are.

When you are doing combos, you can cancel the final few frames of a move after you have hit someone by instantly doing another move. This is a new feature to the Smash Bros. series, though i think it has appeared in many other fights (Guilty Gears in one!).

Wait, is that the feature that made GG to be insanely fast?

Still, seems cool. Technical babble aside, it just means the moves flow easier and there's more variety for combos, right? Sweet.

Is Fox still immense. His Up special was the best, along with link.

It was strange, me & my friend who has a new wii were playing TP and we had just completed the Monkey Dungeon. It just reminded me of how epic the whole game was. There's unbelievable content and events in the game. I don't think he'll complete it tbh. He idles around quite a lot and i think he'll get frustrated because he isnt getting anywhere.

I only realise now after playing this again after leaving it to collect dust for ages how great and huge it is.

Happy times. Game nostalgia is the immensest nostalgia of time.

I didn't get to play a lot with him, but he at least seemed easier not to self ko for newcomers. And Link's up+b range is shorter.

This game is brilliant. I bought it despite my lack of a wii so I can only play it round at my friend's house (this makes me sound about 12 when I am, in fact, 25). There is a story but I won't bore you with it. I have only managed to play multiplayer, and I went out and bought a GC controller for it too, the local Wondergoo shop has just got loads in, presumably for smash bros. It plays a lot like melee, but I'm not an expert so if you are linking, waveriding or anything like that then maybe it will play differently. Luigi's "let's go" makes him sound like a paedophile.

This game is brilliant. I bought it despite my lack of a wii so I can only play it round at my friend's house (this makes me sound about 12 when I am, in fact, 25). There is a story but I won't bore you with it. I have only managed to play multiplayer, and I went out and bought a GC controller for it too, the local Wondergoo shop has just got loads in, presumably for smash bros. It plays a lot like melee, but I'm not an expert so if you are linking, waveriding or anything like that then maybe it will play differently. Luigi's "let's go" makes him sound like a paedophile.

I did that once too. :p Except it was another game and console.