NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I think it's rather sickening that the DK rap doesn't appear in the game.

They should add mp3 compatability to be honest.

Marth looks pretty girly in this one.

really? i thought i saw a match where it was playing

Btw Does IKE play like ROY from Melee, and could you point out the similarities and differences. Much slower, more powerful etc.

Thanxc

I have got to go back and play melee to compare to be honest. I hardly played melee when I got it for the cube so cant give you an honest answer at the moment.

I'm sure it's still in the game.

Actually he looked too manly in Melee :heh:

He looks like he's at his elegant best :D

mp3 compatability would of been neat as like the very last thing you can unlock.

Thats a fucking shame.

Its the sole reason why theyve allowed you to have your own library. Phew

it does actually, it's kongo jungle, look in the soundtrack

Damn, that's rush :'(

Well, if are Europeans, at least i have this forum, in Portugal, i don't know nobody who plays this game besides me and one friend

An interesting update at the Dojo today regarding Samus..

Apparently you can switch to Zero Suit Samus without getting the Smash Ball by hitting the up, down, up taunt buttons quickly. This makes her much more like Zelda / Sheik, with the added bonus that a B move isn't wasted on the transformation.

Yeah but obviously once you've done that you need a smash ball to change it back...

Also: Does that need spoilers? This is the spoilers topic. Not hurting anyone but I don't know whether I needed to be vague with my reply or whether I can just say who it is etc (for those that can't work it out)

I like the fact that Metaknight is treated like a serious swordsman charcater instead of a cute character, so he's out there rucking it with the big boys, despite looking like an angry football.

A friend of mine got the Japanese version. I played a few matches against him and it really is great fun. It feels a little slower than Melee though but at the same time the characters move smoother - more physical.

However it also seems the pace is different so it took me quite a bit of time to get to grips when exactly to perform what attack.

But once I got used to it I really enjoyed it and found that it suited my fighting style a lot better than Melee's. Sure the difference isn't that big but still noticable.

My mate also agreed with me that they improved the camera and it seems they made less colourful levels so the player and direction he's facing is always clearly recogniseable.

However, the Super Smashes are a very unbalanced addition. Some characters have Smashes that can kill more than one enemy from afar while others have to get close to kill even one and the Super Smash in general is almost an instant kill.

And to add to that there are three items to collect and if you get all three you can also almost instantely kill an enemy if you manage to hit him.

I guess the items can be turned off though, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Yeah I think the Smash Balls will be turned off for a lot of people once the novelty has worn off. Although that said I haven't played it so I may love them. I guess it will depend on which characters I use and whether their FSs are any good!

The hammers were unbalanced and the bob-ombs, etc... People find a way around it, I don't see FS being banned in my group of smash players.

No this is true...for some reason everyone rushed for the hammer whenever I played, but I was usually marth so I just sent them flying with a counter every...single...time. You'd have thought they would learn, but nope.

I generally play with all the items on, or just pokeballs on (that kind of game is hectic but brilliant, so many pokemon popping out everywhere)

Yeah but obviously once you've done that you need a smash ball to change it back...

Nope. :)

It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms? Try it out next time you feel like showing off.

You can use the technique to switch back and forth anytime you like.

Btw Does IKE play like ROY from Melee, and could you point out the similarities and differences. Much slower, more powerful etc.

The similarities are that they have a sword and cape.

The differences are infinate :indeed:

really? i thought i saw a match where it was playing
I'm sure it's still in the game.

Oh...Okay, I'm sure I hadn't seen it on any music list...Thanks:)

The hammers were unbalanced and the bob-ombs, etc... People find a way around it, I don't see FS being banned in my group of smash players.

Bob-ombs are hardly unbalanced unless they fell on you doing an attack; which was a lot rarer than giving someone a Heart Container...

It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms? Try it out next time you feel like showing off.

I might be wrong but when I played it yesterday the armour only comes off when you use a Super Smash with Samus or hold R on the GC Controller while selecting her and you can't get the suit back on. So it's kind of a one way change - until you respawn I think.

Nope. :)

No you can't!

Yes, Zero Suit Samus isn’t the stoutest of fighters, so picking up a Smash Ball is cause for relief.
What’s this? ...So you can shed your armour anytime you want?!

When he says switch, he doesn't mean backwards and forwards at will, he means from suited-up Samus to ZS Samus.

No you can't!

When he says switch, he doesn't mean backwards and forwards at will, he means from suited-up Samus to ZS Samus.

Thats what i gathered from his comments too. Anyways bo ombs are never unbalanced. If you are clever, you can use them against your opponents even if they pick them. In my smash games we banned the hammer and the heart container. Hammer was majorly irritating and heart just felt like a major cheat.

Pokeballs only is such a fun way to play as well. So funny when the stage is littered with legendary pokemon and all you can hear is the screams/cries of your enemies as they get caught in the carnage.

Pokeballs only is such a fun way to play as well. So funny when the stage is littered with legendary pokemon and all you can hear is the screams/cries of your enemies as they get caught in the carnage.

Pokéball/Assist Trophy only on very high will be one of my first matches in Brawl.

Pokéball/Assist Trophy only on very high will be one of my first matches in Brawl.

Makes me want to play melee but strangely, the last time I played it, it was a sorta chore. Dunno if it's the way the CPU feels like its cheating rather than playing well when on lvl 9 (falco, luigi and young link are complete gits), or I just can't get the fun out of the game anymore without my mates (at uni). All I know is that it was that hard to enjoy the game before I gorged myself on smash bros footage. Im now completing my games for the soul purpose of having enough to get smash. Even Resi 4, Zelda TP and Metroid 3, games I planned on keeping, will now be traded in.

I always felt most items were somewhat balanced, except for the healing ones.

What makes it irritating is if I want to have a pokéball only match, and Crates, Barrels and Capsules pop up everywhere. And many of them are explosive! The only explosions I wanted were Electrodes.

Hopefully this has been fixed. They already started by diferenciating normal crates from the explosives. I seriously hope we can just turn them off.

@Konfucius: About Samus/Zamus, you might want to check the most recent Dojo update...