NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

No I would rather Nintendo sort out there Wi-Fi connection so Worldwide actually means Worldwide.

Its not a problem with WiFi Connection

Its a problem with the laws of physics.

There is such a distance that it takes about 0.3 seconds for light to travel the distance from England to America. Data transfers at close to that speed...now 0.3 seconds isnt really noticable when loading a web page but when doing a game like Smash where its constantly sending and receiving data, the lag mounts up and boom, there you have it

Games like shooters and racers can overcome this through extrapolation software, but games as hectic and split second decisioney as Brawl and you get issues

Stupid God for making light travel so slowly and nothing being able to surpass it speedwise. Tsk!

Stupid God for making light travel so slowly and nothing being able to surpass it speedwise. Tsk!

Nothing that we know of ;)

Remember just like 100 years ago people were saying things like that about the speed of sound :p Not that nothing can but that we cant

Nothing that we know of ;)

Remember just like 100 years ago people were saying things like that about the speed of sound :p Not that nothing can but that we cant

Isn't it kinda proven by Einstein's theory of relativity? I mean.. many of his predictions have been proven true, why should this one be proven false, if it's not yet proven?

Ah, well. Doesn't matter a bit as 'it' won't be found and implemented for use in this generation.

Oh... its a shame, only Portugal for me in the online :'(

Atleast, i can fight with my friends :'(

well it seems random battles are strictly Japan v Japan. America v America. Europe v Europe. Its BS by Nintendo and seriously sucks!!

I really hope they don't lock the friend codes to region only. Plus I not sure if the Japanese copy will try and connect with European players when it is released here. If not I am screwed as random battles not working for importers at the moment.

Does anyone know how this exactly works. I always thought that it was the game that determined which servers you play on. so having a Japanese copy means Japanese servers. That's how DS games work right?

they probably haven't set up the local europe and americain servers yet, and they have prolly set it up so that only region wise discs can connect to the server, ie europe copies-europe servers, this is my theory, but we won't know exactly until march 9th, it would suck if we couldn't fight internationally >.<

Oh... its a shame, only Portugal for me in the online :'(

Atleast, i can fight with my friends :'(

Actually, wouldn't our region be Europe, not Portugal? You can play with Europeans, but not Americans.

Isn't it kinda proven by Einstein's theory of relativity? I mean.. many of his predictions have been proven true, why should this one be proven false, if it's not yet proven?

Ah, well. Doesn't matter a bit as 'it' won't be found and implemented for use in this generation.

Emphasis on the word theory there please

It was scientific fact that the sun revolved around the earth, that we're the centre of the universe etc. then it got proven wrong

Almost all physics is just theory

Actually, wouldn't our region be Europe, not Portugal? You can play with Europeans, but not Americans.

we don't know that yet... we have to see when it comes out in the states, but going by nintendo's past record, the online will prolly be region locked

There's only one thing faster than light, and that thing is me when Brawl comes out in Europe.

So has anyone seen this footstall jump in action? Haven't seen it or heard of it anywhere...

So has anyone seen this footstall jump in action? Haven't seen it or heard of it anywhere...

i saw it in one fight, can't remember which tho, but it gives you an extra jump, and pushe the enmy down if you're in the air

I have only played story mode and some online battles.. I am getting sick of story mode to be honest. It is pretty weak!!

Why are we fighting generic enemies. Nintendo could of used nintendo enemies from other games. I thought it was a story mode for all characters but it isnt. characters are chosen for you and the levels are not challenging at all.

I have only played story mode and some online battles.. I am getting sick of story mode to be honest. It is pretty weak!!

Why are we fighting generic enemies. Nintendo could of used nintendo enemies from other games. I thought it was a story mode for all characters but it isnt. characters are chosen for you and the levels are not challenging at all.

well, what dificulty are you on?

If they just used old enemies, there would have been complaints that Nintendo is just rehashing old franchises, not doing anything new yadda yadda

If you're not being challenged...crank the difficulty up a few bars

No I would rather Nintendo sort out there Wi-Fi connection so Worldwide actually means Worldwide.

Agreed. Nintendo's online service is rubbish. I'm sorry, but it really should have been thought through much more carefully. All this friend-code rubbish (though very safe) is just annoying.

well, what dificulty are you on?

I guess on normal as I havent changed any options as all in Japanese. But Seriously I not having fun with story mode. some of the levels are just plain boring! It feels more like a chore then something fun to finish.. Classic Battle mode is where the fun is. I have just started that and I am gonna stick with this although will have to go back with story to unlock certain characters.

Apart from not being able to fight in random battles. Online is great by the way. some fights are laggy but others are really smooth!! I am playing against people in the US and Japan..

Nintendo really should of included some kind of notification when friends are online. At the moment is is pure luck if you find anyone which can be annoying.

Agreed. Nintendo's online service is rubbish. I'm sorry, but it really should have been thought through much more carefully. All this friend-code rubbish (though very safe) is just annoying.

Theres nothing wrong with friend codes

I guess on normal as I havent changed any options as all in Japanese. But Seriously I not having fun with story mode. some of the levels are just plain boring! It feels more like a chore then something fun to finish.. Classic Battle mode is where the fun is. I have just started that and I am gonna stick with this although will have to go back with story to unlock certain characters.

the setting it starts on normally is easy or very easy, but this might have changed in brawl, you should put it on intense! lol

Apart from not being able to fight in random battles. Online is great by the way. some fights are laggy but others are really smooth!! I am playing against people in the US and Japan..

Nintendo really should of included some kind of notification when friends are online. At the moment is is pure luck if you find anyone which can be annoying.

Btw Does IKE play like ROY from Melee, and could you point out the similarities and differences. Much slower, more powerful etc.

Thanxc