NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Question: Who is Lucario, and what precisely is his significance to the Pokemon universe?

He's the main Pokémon in one of the movies. They shoved him in because they needed someone to represent the 342 poorly designed Pokémon that come after Mew.

I think some of the later Pokémon ie: the starters, some of the D+P ones are actually very well designed.

Nothings going to make you think they're as good as the original 151... simply because they were so original.

Question: Who is Lucario, and what precisely is his significance to the Pokemon universe?

Thou speeketh blasphemy!!! Lucario is one of the more popular pokemon, he's 4th gen, 1st stage evolution after Riolu, steel/fighting type, he has had his own movie, and wasn't he thought to be a legendary before DP, serebii? but anyway, he was one of the first 4th gen pokemon to be revealed. if you want to know what he looks like, my sig and avatar reveal the answer

People view the originals with rose tinted glassess...the originals suck. The games suck and over half the original 150 pokemon suck beyond belief

Top 5

1. Ganondorf

2. Zero Suit Samus

3. Samus

4. Sheik/Zelda

5. Wolf

Bottom 5.

1. Captain Olimar

2. JigglyPuff

3. Toon Link

4. Ness

5. Peach

I rather like the 4th generation too. In fact, I like all generations, although I barely know anything about the 3rd as I never played the games.

How good is Lucario's recovery? He looks really interesting and if his recovery's any good, I shall choose him as my main. It's either him or Pit. ^^

Also, I thought that, what you call it?, "Force palm" was his side-Smash but it seems that I was wrong, no?

The 3rd gen is the only one I dont really like, yeah it gave some good pkmn but a lot just didnt feel right :/

Seems Lucario's recovery is excellent. Can even save itself by sticking to the bottom of a stage and moving from there

The 1st generation Pokémon are great. Sure, some of them suck (Seel, Tangela, Lickitung,...), but the very best pokémon are mostly 1st gen.

The 2nd generation was very cool, although it had several worthless pokémon (Sunflora, Dunsparce,...)

The 3rd generation was the worst. Save for a few pokémon (Metagross, Sceptile,...), it was uninspired. Copies of previous pokémon and most of the original ones were worthless.

The 4th generation seems to rock. Many pokémon are original, the new evolutions greatly improve old pokémon and only a few that I don't like.

Granted, I never played D/P.

Returning to SSBB, 5 Favourite:

5-Kirby

4-Lucario

3-Snake

2-Pikmin & Olimar

1-Pokémon Trainer

5 Worst:

5-ROB (He seems a bit meh. He doesn't have what Mr. G&W has.)

4-Diddy Kong

3-Ness

2-Zelda

1-Toon Link (Mainly because he doesn't have a single move based on WW or PH. Even his Final Smash could be something taken out of Four Swords, but nooooo...)

Interesting, the 3rd generation is my favourite (some cool designs, and Sapphire was the first generation I played), then the first (some classics, some really dull), then the fourth, then the second (too cutesy).

People view the originals with rose tinted glassess...the originals suck. The games suck and over half the original 150 pokemon suck beyond belief

Most Pokemon over #151 look shit, and I mean real shit. The original 151 was during the time when the craze hit the UK, so most people know and love them. A lot of the newer Pokemon just look stupid, hybrids of animals or just not really that good looking. There's no way they can make more Pokemon as cool as Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Squirtle etc. There's just no way. Instead they keep churning out bad efforts and monged up looking beasts.

But anyway, I've been playing smash brawl the last 2 and a half hours and wow! What a cool game. The AI is quite hard; level 9 computers aren't so easy to kill anymore and do require some real skill. Having a lot of fun right now. :yay:

Thou speeketh blasphemy!!! Lucario is one of the more popular pokemon, he's 4th gen, 1st stage evolution after Riolu, steel/fighting type, he has had his own movie, and wasn't he thought to be a legendary before DP, serebii? but anyway, he was one of the first 4th gen pokemon to be revealed. if you want to know what he looks like, my sig and avatar reveal the answer

I swear on all Nurse Joys and Officers Jennys in this world, before appearing in Brawl I hadn't the foggiest who he was, or even that he had ever existed.

I swear on all Nurse Joys and Officers Jennys in this world, before appearing in Brawl I hadn't the foggiest who he was, or even that he had ever existed.

I always wished he was in, because he's freaking awesome ^^

I have to say I love Pokemon music. The battle music is just a perfect fit, and the Victory Road theme is really triumphant. I know I'll be playing those a lot.

Same but i dont like the pokemon/pokemon games past yellow so.

I'd almost fogot about the Dojo after all these vieo's and screenshots we've had.

Todays Brawl Dojo update: Port Town Aero Dive

Port Town Aero Dive is the huge track that appears in F-Zero GX/AX.

The main platform for this stage zooms along the track, stopping randomly in several locations, each of which has its own unique terrain.

stage24_080204a-l.jpg

You start here.

stage24_080204b-l.jpg

Hop on the platform as it whizzes around the track.

stage24_080204c-l.jpg

The platform will randomly stop off in one of many locations.

Since this is a rather daring course, the configuration of the terrain in each location within it is appropriately treacherous. Expect lots of steep slopes and ups and downs.

stage24_080204d-l.jpg

We’ve even included that famous stepped portion of the track.

stage24_080204e-l.jpg

Th-there’s a vertical wall in the middle of the course?!

Sometimes the platform will even separate completely from the track. When it does, you’re in store for some really great views of the course.

stage24_080204f-l.jpg

The track looks so 3-D from up here.

Boy, all this talk of angles and curves gets me in the mood to watch a neck-and-neck race. Guess I’ll have to settle for a lightning-fast round of Smash.

Although its nthing new, its nice to have some decent shots of the port town stage

Absolutely love that new F-zero level. Mute City was one of the favourite levels on Melee so i'm delighted this has made it :D

I think they should have got Bidoof to represent the Pokemon :heh: That would be awesome :awesome:

I have never been a massive fan of lucario myself! but good to see him in it :D

The F-zero Track looks Great :grin: Love it.

The F-Zero track looks really good, Mute City was one of my favourite stages in Melee so it's good to see something like it in.

The new Pokemon games are shit boring. They just drag on and on and on. They should have left it at 150 and been done with it.