NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I don't think I'll main anyone, I just won't play a lot with some of them.

Good ten minute video of someone that imported Brawl and played it for the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rab5I3B2I1s

Just curious, but would you think Squirtle and Charizard take more damage from pikachus electric moves?

That guy was trying to see the pokeball pokemon and ATs....Wow, Metacross is in. x_x

There's a video at Nicovideo of all Snakes codec converstations, when snake call the codec when fighting Falco..Slippy answers!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2193140

Just curious, but would you think Squirtle and Charizard take more damage from pikachus electric moves?

That guy was trying to see the pokeball pokemon and ATs....Wow, Metacross is in. x_x

That would be a pretty neat touch if it did, I couldnt really tell in that video though.

Final Destination

There’s always one of these, huh? This is the simplest stage.

stage25_080205a-l.jpg

It’s completely flat – no surprises here!

As for the terrain, there’s just a flat platform and nothing else. There’s not much to talk about either, so let’s just look at the flow of the lovely scenery.

stage25_080205b-l.jpg

A galaxy drifts lazily by...

stage25_080205c-l.jpg

You start to enter a wormhole-like thingy...

stage25_080205d-l.jpg

Then the wormhole disappears and suddenly...

stage25_080205e-l.jpg

...there’s a beautiful starry sky.

stage25_080205f-l.jpg

Just as you think it’s getting dark, there’s a single glint of light.

stage25_080205g-l.jpg

Looks like the interstellar clouds are starting to swirl about.

stage25_080205h-l.jpg

Then, a lovely ocean view!

stage25_080205i-l.jpg

Actually, this place is kind of a continuation of the opening sequence...

stage25_080205j-l.jpg

Gradually everything starts to tilt...

stage25_080205k-l.jpg

It’s all upside-down, and keeps on turning...

stage25_080205l-l.jpg

...and then, somehow it returns to the beginning.

In Final Destination, the characters, who have been battling in more imaginary worlds, come closest to battling in a real-world setting.

That’s the reason why you feel like you begin far away and, bit by bit, arrive at a realistic world.

The boss Master Hand can also be found on this level.

[/Quote]

Also this is from smashboards, which I think is a pretty cool addition.

I dunno if any1 post about this yet but if you use certain characters to fight each other, sometime randomly they will do something different that the usual 3 victory poses.

The only one I know for sure 100% is Fox vs Falco. If Fox wins the match, sometime he will say:

"mada mada Falco" (dunno how to write it in japanese) which roughly translate to "You're not ready yet Falco"

This is probably one of the coolest feature ever and it would be great if people can find all of them.

This happen when I was playing with my friend and it was a super intense match with me winning at the end. The crowd went wild (like 5 of us) when Fox said that to Falco haha.

[/Quote]

Mine is out for delivery at the moment. actually pretty worried I am not gonna enjoy this game as much as everyone else. I was not a big fan of smash bros on the GC. Thought it was okay but nothing special, got horrible feeling I am gonna feel the same with this game after a few hours.

Think online play maybe the only thing that keeps me interested you know.

Mine is out for delivery at the moment. actually pretty worried I am not gonna enjoy this game as much as everyone else. I was not a big fan of smash bros on the GC. Thought it was okay but nothing special, got horrible feeling I am gonna feel the same with this game after a few hours.

If you're a true Nintendo fan (true being inbetween a fan and a fanboy ^^), then I reckon you'll love the single player adventure.

I haven't really been a fan of ANY of the past Smash Bros games. Sure, they were fun, but I don't think there's that much to them. Brawl is doing so much more than the past games, there's tons more to it!

Don't worry, it's a huge game this time, it'll be awesome!

I love one of the comments on it saying its bad because they stole characters from other franchises and put it in to make money just from the video which has 2 Metroid and 1 Pkmn character all of which are Nintendo property

Ah idiots these days

Well my copy just arrived. dunno what Parcelforce been doing as it been out for delivery since 23:00 last night.

Got footy tonight and won't be back till after 22:00 so will try and post some impressions before I go to bed.

Well my copy just arrived. dunno what Parcelforce been doing as it been out for delivery since 23:00 last night.

Got footy tonight and won't be back till after 22:00 so will try and post some impressions before I go to bed.

Bed?!! What freaking bed?!!!! There is no bed when you have Brawl!!!!

Too people in this forum with the game X_X

*Maase comits suicide*

Awesome, Luigi still has the only taunt that can cause damage....also, what the hell is his last taunt, haha, bloody awesome, i'm gonna waste hours messing with that.

Also, Peachs "lalalala" taunt is oddly sexy :heh:

Although why are all of Snakes taunts the box? surely they could have come up with something else

I was just thinking, could snake use that as a tactical move in subspace to avoid camera detection or something?

Has anyone tried the online components over BTs' shameful ADSL network? the guys over at IGN seem super impressed (as am I) with brawls online battles, however, they make it clear that they're on a fibre connection. Hows he game fare online with the aged copper cabling BT are insistent on using?

I think we should all praise Pit for a moment. Never has such a silly sounding noise been made during a move.

His across special (B) causes him to yell "deh deh deh deh deh!!" in a hilarious fashion, gotta be heard to be believed. :p

Has anyone tried the online components over BTs' shameful ADSL network? the guys over at IGN seem super impressed (as am I) with brawls online battles, however, they make it clear that they're on a fibre connection. Hows he game fare online with the aged copper cabling BT are insistent on using?

Wasn't the latest dragonballz game for the wii complete with unplayable online mode? It seemed to be when gametrailer reviewed it and they must have been using the same connection then.

Wasn't the latest dragonballz game for the wii complete with unplayable online mode? It seemed to be when gametrailer reviewed it and they must have been using the same connection then.

it does have wi-fi but it SUCKS

Screencaps of peach and lyn underwear are now online. :rolleyes:

omg, i gotta go check that out

I think we should all praise Pit for a moment. Never has such a silly sounding noise been made during a move.

falconpunch.jpg

e907f4f18cc956077851aee9b444670b.jpg

What were you saying?

I cannot connect online. I have just put the game in, have my freind code but when trying to find random match it is not working.

from IGN:

Speaking of which, we attempted to connect to several random battles against players in Japan and were never successful. It's possible that Nintendo is currently blocking US-based servers from participating in online games, although we have no proof – other than being repeatedly locked out of online matches – to support this theory. Interestingly enough, we could participate in a number of spectator matches, which enable you to watch other players duke it out. You can even bet on the matches before they begin using coins you've collected throughout your experiences.

EDIT: Just played someone from gamefaqs who i added as a friend. was pretty laggy if i am being honest and the game disconnected. He is based in the US.

If Strikers is anything to go by, I doubt there will be Inter-regional online multiplayer, even with friend codes.

Also, Wolf is one badass mother fucker!

I love one of the comments on it saying its bad because they stole characters from other franchises and put it in to make money just from the video which has 2 Metroid and 1 Pkmn character all of which are Nintendo property

Ah idiots these days

Haha, i had to go through the comments to find that post to make sure you weren't having a laugh, can't believe someone actually said that, haha

Anyway, just a thought, has anyone heard any info on how well the online modes are working on it? Any word of lag issues or anything?