NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

who is gengar anyway

:confused:

Anyway....The Pokémon Red & Blue remixes for this Brawl are awesome. It makes it seem even weirder that Mewtwo's gone, since he was almost always on me, even the Palkia/Dialga music reminds me of him.

Though not as good as many pokémon today, back in the day, he represented pure awesomeness and power, and you could argue that he's the antagonist Smash Bros. PKMN character...He was in that Melee level...

He should have been PKMN Trainers Final Smash :(

:confused:

Anyway....The Pokémon Red & Blue remixes for this Brawl are awesome. It makes it seem even weirder that Mewtwo's gone since he was almost always on me.

I haven't stopped listening to the soundtrack...Seriously, this is too awesome. Pokemon music sounds so great makes me wanna bring out thee ole Project64 all over again.

"Everybody's Super Sonic Racing...Try to keep your feet right on the ground"

I can't believe that made it in, hehehe.

The choice of Sonic music's great...Appart from maybe Scrap Brain Zone, there were better tunes that could have replaced that.

And I hate the Secret Rings music, it REALLY annoys me.

.....Some of the Melee Music's different!!!

"Everybody's Super Sonic Racing...Try to keep your feet right on the ground"

I can't believe that made it in, hehehe.

The choice of Sonic music's great...Appart from maybe Scrap Brain Zone, there were better tunes that could have replaced that.

And I hate the Secret Rings music, it REALLY annoys me.

I agree, the choices are also so random, thats what makes it so great for me. Like the Metal gear Music...So random. I think Angel Island Zone is the best Sonic remix on there. O' the memories. :(

By the way peeps. DK rap IS missing:(, though you didn't believe me before

I'm confused about the lack of Mushroom Kingdom & Mushroom Kingdom II music...Though I guess there's the Overworld remix.

Wish they'd had Mushroom Kingdom/Peach's Castle or something instead of Rainbow Ride as a level though.

glad you agree!

who is gengar anyway

gengar.jpg

XD

But that Hyper Beam seems weak! His shouts are awesome though.

Gengar FTW

it's not hyper beam, hyper beam has nothing to do with Lucario, it's prolly a super aura sphere, and have you even seen it? everytime i see it used it's a 2+ kill

gengar.jpg

it's not hyper beam, hyper beam has nothing to do with Lucario, it's prolly a super aura sphere, and have you even seen it? everytime i see it used it's a 2+ kill

I've seen it; he jumps into the air/background, yells, and delivers a short beam of energy. What I remembered was juggling and it causing like 44% of damage. If its not hyper Beam, what is it?

Edit:...Or make that 16% damage. Weeeeak.

I'm back. Just came in to shout:

SONG OF STORMS!!!!! :D

It's cool it's mixed with Ganondorf's music and such.

(If you stand on Guru Guru's left on OOT and look at him through 1st person it looks like he's shagging the box;))

(If you stand infront of some of the Toads on Luigi's Mansion it looks like they're giving him head....Probably to try and cool him down from humping too much wooden furniture "Oh Yeah")

I really don't mind waiting more 4/3/2 months for this game :)

If i can still see videos on Youtube about Super Smash Bros and play Super Mario Galaxy/Wii Sports/Medal of Honor 2, then i can wait for this game :)

Stage Editor will be the coolest thing ever.

I will have suicidal levels, and then i will fight against an CPU 9 in that level.

Man, that will be awesome :D

I've seen it; he jumps into the air/background, yells, and delivers a short beam of energy. What I remembered was juggling and it causing like 44% of damage. If its not hyper Beam, what is it?

Edit:...Or make that 16% damage. Weeeeak.

wow, you are so wrong, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q&feature=related when he uses it in this video he barely touches jigglypuff and does 31%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5CIZYzL9s

in this one Ice climbers, marth, and Pit have 85%, 65% and 36%, respectively when lucario just begins his FS, when he ends they have 125%, 106%, and 78%. so it did 40% to ice climbers 41 to marth and 42 to pit, and then it KO'ed all of them. what it does is trap enemies in the beam, does a moderate amount of damage and then launches them across the screen, if you want to talk about weak, look at jigglypuff's, it does 0%! all it does is push them.

Fox was still the best character in the PAL version by an absolute mile.

Actually....Peachs castle, Onett and Pokefloats aren't banned. Rainbow Cruise is allowed so the same goes for the floats really.

Onett is a wicked level; I adore the thing.

What about Fox's infinite?

Todays Smash Dojo update: Quick Techniques

There are quite a few techniques that didn’t make their way into the instruction manual.

I’ll try not to get too technical with things, but just know that there are lots of small tricks like these for you to play around with.

<Ukemi>

When a blow sends you flying, tap the shield button just before you come into contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling. You’ll bound off the surface with a little hop and, like a judo master, cancel any excess momentum that would have otherwise kept you careening around wildly.

technique10_080211a-l.jpg

Press with just the right timing.

Since midair move-based recoveries have become more fluid, I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game.

<Perfect Shield>

The enemy closes in to attack. You draw him or her closer, then closer still, and just before the blow connects...

Clang! You just performed a perfect shield! You’ll recover from the blow you just blocked with almost no delay and are in a perfect position to launch a counterattack!

technique10_080211b-l.jpg

If you do a perfect shield on a big hit, get ready to strike back!

<Stale-Move Negation>

Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease!

And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.

Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try and weave a wide variety of attacks into your offense.

technique10_080211c-l.jpg

Also, if you feel like your attacks just aren’t launching the opponent as far as they should... Once again, I suggest you try mixing a few other moves into your offense.

Hey, don’t you think it’s time you, y’know, tried some other moves?

<Glancing Blows>

This isn’t really a technique so much as it is a little tidbit of Smash info.

When your attack just grazes the opponent you’ll hear a little "chik," meaning you’ve just barely grazed the opponent.

technique10_080211d-l.jpg

A glancing blow just nicks the opponent so don’t expect your enemy to flinch.

<Swim>

In Brawl you can actually swim a little bit when you’re in water. You’ll soon drown though, and the more damage you’ve accumulated, the less time you’ll be able to stay afloat.

technique10_080211e-l.jpg

We’re... We’re going under!

<Small Jump>

This technique is absolutely vital in a scuffle.

Every character has a momentary animation before they jump where they sort of hunker down. If you let off the jump button before this animation ends you’ll perform a small jump.

technique10_080211f-l.jpg

Here’s a comparison with a standard jump.

Try using small jumps to close in and score hits on your opponents while dodging their attacks.

technique10_080211g-l.jpg

Just take a little leap.

<Pivot Grab>

While dashing, press the direction opposite your current heading while performing a grab. You’ll get more range out of this kind of grab, so try pulling a 180 and scooping up your unsuspecting opponent with it.

technique10_080211h-l.jpg

You can grab from this far away!

<Eating While Reclining>

Let’s say you’ve just taken a solid hit. You go flying and collapse on the ground.

You notice a few tasty food items on the ground near you.

If this describes your situation, now’s the time to hit the A Button. You can scoop up food items and eat them without even standing up.

technique10_080211i-l.jpg

Mmm... Tasty!

<Breaking Reflectors>

・Mario’s Cape

・Fox’s Reflector

・Pit’s Angel Ring and Mirror Shield

・Zelda’s Naryu’s Love

...And so on. All these moves have the ability to reflect incoming projectiles back at your opponent. When you use one of these to send back an attack, it actually increases the damage that projectile does.

But if you and your opponent pump up a projectile’s damage too high, say by reflecting it back and forth...the projectile will become too powerful and break through your reflecting device.

technique10_080211j-l.jpg

You’ll take a heavily powered-up shot straight to the body, so you know it’s going to hurt.

Oh right i remember Gengar now, yeah. He looks like he should evolve into haunter and not the other way round.

Muc is better though.

I hope the Perfect Shield is a bit easier to pull off than it was in Melee, because the CPU's were always able to do it perfectly and I wasn't.

Sonic outracing the cars in Big Blue: