NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Question about the music.

i was reading through the list of tracks and it has Ashley's Song (JP) and Mona's Pizza (JP) listed. Does this mean we're getting both the English and Japanese version of the song?

He's the same but different. Like Luigi is to Mario

Yeah....To be honest, the only thing I really don't like is Mewtwo being cut.

I really hope Fox, Falco & Wolf are different enough. And I don't get why they share a FS...Wolf has never had a Tank....why didn't 1 of them have some sort of Airstrike (different ones) and another have a random Blaster move.

Question about the music.

i was reading through the list of tracks and it has Ashley's Song (JP) and Mona's Pizza (JP) listed. Does this mean we're getting both the English and Japanese version of the song?

I hope so.

Anyone notice the Pokéball noise in the vids? Awesome ;)

Also, King:

Iwata

Furthermore, you have to ensure the characters are well-balanced. Did you have any difficulties with this aspect of the game?

Sakurai

Sure did. It looks better, for example, if fast characters make smooth, clean landings, which in turn, distinguishes one character from another. If you make them too quick, however, they become hard to control and the overall balance suffers. That’s why I worked so hard to adjust each character’s attributes.

Iwata

By the way, about how many different attributes does each character possess?

Sakurai

Probably more than I can count. (laughs) I would roughly say that it’s somewhere in the hundreds.

Iwata

That means, for each character, you’re assigning values to hundreds of attributes to both prevent overwhelming advantages and preserve individual strengths. Sounds like incredibly hard work.

Yep, easy to make characters.

Hey...how about instead of complaining about characters or whatever we list our 3 most "attractive" Newcomers and talk about what we love about Smash Bros.:

Olimar

Pokémon Trainer

Toon Link

Falco is fairly different to Fox...he dual weilds his guns and he throws his reflector out at people. Falco truely is the Luigi to Fox's Mario.

Wolf on the otherhand seems much more similar based on initial reports

I'd guess he's probably significantly slower with a much more powerful gun then either. Or something along those lines.

So, Falco isn't even a clone anymore, Wolf is.

Try telling that to the idiots around. They still think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone despite evidence to the contrary

Try telling that to the idiots around. They still think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone despite evidence to the contrary

How and why would he be a clone?:wtf:

His Aura Sphere is an energy ball like Mewtwo's Shadow ball

oh and people think he replaced it so they think he's a "fixed" mewtwo

Well people are idiots :heh:

In all fairness, I would expect Wolf to be heavier than fox (now that Fox is apparantly a 'floaty'), and just generally slower, meaning that he would require a different set of air movies and be played completely differently. It's not going to be like Mario/Doc mario imo.

"Clones" have never really bothered me in Smash Bros, as the fast paced nature of the game means even slight adjustments in weight, reach or attack power can make for a significant difference in play style. In Melee for example, I always went Cpt. Falcon while my friend played Ganondorf. Though the characters were similar, Ganodorfs extra weight meant that while I was bouncing around like demented pogo stick, my friend would always hold out for the big opportunities.

Yeah good point. They play NOTHING like each other.

Only clones that bothered me were Doc/Mario tbh. I was fine with the rest.

Hey...how about instead of complaining about characters or whatever we list our 3 most "attractive" Newcomers and talk about what we love about Smash Bros.:

Olimar

Pokémon Trainer

Toon Link

Toon Link

Olimar

diddy kong

I second the guy who said we should discuss what we LIKED about it. For me, the new chars that I'm lovin' are Snake, King DeDeDe and the Pokémon Trainer.

Also, you can bitch all you want, but you all KNOW you're still gonna buy it.:)

Sonic - A possible selection, I always go for mobile, attacking characters.

King Dede - I just really like his design.

Captain Olimar - Long overdue.

I hope there's voice acting for the cut scenes. I wanna see what David Hayter has to say to being uncovered by a weird Pokemon-magical-man-dog-thing.

Sonic - I've been a big fan for ages. Sonic the Hedgehog was my first video game. Can't wait to use him in Brawl

Olimar - Pikmin was awesome, and using them in Brawl should be too.

Pit - The bow/swords looks ace.

I hope there's voice acting for the cut scenes. I wanna see what David Hayter has to say to being uncovered by a weird Pokemon-magical-man-dog-thing.

From the looks of it, that won't be happening.

I much prefer the no-speech thing they're doing in the cutscenes. Like Lego Star Wars but even better.

I've just read through 5 pages of bitching, and FUCK YOU PEOPLE!!

Don't play my fucking game!!