NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

And more

v8pwzn.jpg

His MS does seem similar apparently to Fox & Falco

B - Blaster. Less range fires slower than fox and falco, but looks stronger.

Forward B - Same as Fox and Falco's shadow fox dash thing. Only Wolf's goes slightly upwards too. At about a 25 degree angle.

Down B - Reflector

Up B - Like Firefox, only it doesn't really charge, goes really high though. Maybe it only goes up?

So err...

What exactly is the difference between Falco, Fox and Wolf? Nothing besides physical appearance and slight attributes?

Although the cloning is quite disappointing, I suppose it's only to satisfy the old fans. I'm really happy with the character set though, and there are a lot of characters going to be refreshing.

I wonder whether Luigi will get a Poltergust move, like Mario's Fludd move.

Can't really defend this. It's quite disappointing. Ok im over it. Now to begin the long wait.

I guess Sakurai took the competitive player's love for Fox too seriously lol

In the next one we'll have Slippy Toad. Another clone of Fox.

I am surprised at the choice of Wolf of all characters. He's been relatively minor showing in the series so far. Do they have a big part for him in the next Starfox title or something?

Fox and Wolf team up at the end of Star Fox Assualt don't they?

Did lylat wars never exist or something. I know next to nothing of Starfox assault but the little that I have heard just seems to shit all over what came before it imo. Maybe im thouroughly mistaken but seriously wolf was evil in lylat wars. Wait a minute, didn't he die in that game too?

Yeah, still doesn't seem like enough to qualify somehow. Why choose Wolf over Krystal? And of course there are other characters that many would prefer. Just seems like an odd move all round. Maybe it was easy to work him into the story mode?

Yeah, still doesn't seem like enough to qualify somehow. Why choose Wolf over Krystal? And of course there are other characters that many would prefer. Just seems like an odd move all round. Maybe it was easy to work him into the story mode?

He isn't even in the story mode, I think. At least not as an important character.

Well. I'm disappointed with that. Oh well, still gonna buy the game and have a good time with it. I look forward to playing as Lucario, R.O.B., and Pit. I'm probably gonna try out some of the others, too. Of course I am. Can't wait for this game. Hm.

Wolf could have easily been a Fox costume change.

I hope I unlock ROB last, as I want the final character I unlock to be special/original. (I trust the way you unlock characters will be random. I don't want Wolf to be my final prize!)

Krystal

- Has teamed up with Fox

- Has been evil (part of Star Wolf)

- Love interest for Fox

- Has her staff

Wolf

- Has teamed up with Fox once

- Has Mainly been an enemy

- Appeared in the series earlier.

- Similar looks to Fox

We would be looking forward to Brawl much more if the new (and some of the unlockable veteran) characters weren't unlockable and on the dojo, and some of the newcomers were unlockable and not on the dojo.

I wouldn't really be bothered if Wolf or Krystal weren't in it - both seem fairly lame.

Lylat Wars and the original were good games, everything since was pap. Don't need Falco or Wolf really.

But anyways - I'm still looking forward to this. If this is the final roster then it's stil better than it's predecessor's so that can only be a good thing.

WW Link looks nice (although I'm not a fan of having the same character appearing as two different characters in the same game, kinda ruins the magic, but whatever it's cool)

WW Link has a completely different "taste" to him than the other Links, so he's hardly the same character.

And as for Dark Samus? Yeah, he's cool, but c'mon, that couldn't be anything but an alternative costume for Samus.

If you think that then you must think that Dark Samus has similar attacks/movement to Samus.

No Mewtwo, and instead Lucario? Well, personally I don't much care. I can understand that those who liked to play as Mewtwo must think this sucks. Tbh, I think there's already enough pokémons.

Pokémon

Anyway...I don't play as Mewtwo (anymore), but he really represented Pokémon back in the day; more than Pikachu to anyone that did more than watch the TV show. Plus he was really original and played completely differently to other characters.

There are only 4 playable PK characters (if PKMN Trainer is one), meaning there's the same amount as Melee. Plus Mario has about 500000000 representative playables.

Sucks that Wolf is a clone, my main worry is that ganondorf is a clone too. Oh well.

I'm actually starting to think that all of this hate towards the unlockable characters could have been avoided completely, if they had announced Snake and Sonic last.

Yep...they left the more boring characters until last. Had they been PK Trainer & Olimar etc then...

I can totally see reviews slagging the game "Oh no, Sakurai was lazy there are2 or 3 clone characters! Let's totally ignore that it's possibly the more complete game in existance!"

Yeah if they anounced new characters last, this wouldn't happen, but like Sakurai said, it won't matter once the game is out.

You know that they can't just lie like that in the open without other companies calling it out. And I remember reading an interview with Inafune I think saying he would like Megaman to be in, but that he didnt have any contact with Nintendo about it. They only said Kojima begged for Snake to be in the game. But ultimately, this is a Nintendo game, not Marvel vs Capcom, not to mention that gameplay wise, legally, development and finantilly I suppose it wouldnt be easy to have a gazillion 3rd party games. We would all like this to be our dream game (crono ;_; ), but for that, it would never see the light of day.

ridley.png

Yeah, not too big :indeed:

or from neogaf:

Ridley.jpg

Tbh I wouldnt mind other Metroid characters, but Samus is the only charismatic one and it isn't exactly popular in Japan, so I can kinda se their point of view.

You do realise Olimar is tiny?...and Bowser changes size continually?

You do realise Olimar is tiny?...and Bowser changes size continually?

But Bowser has an acceptable size in all Mario games and isn't from a "serious" game. And tiny =/= gargantuan

EDIT: Also just read something on GAF, why don't people complain about Ryu, Ken and Akuma in Street Fighter? lol

EDIT2: I saw some pic of falco with 2 guns is he just like in Melee or is he different?

posting.jpg

So true of every game forum atm

But Bowser has an acceptable size in all Mario games and isn't from a "serious" game. And tiny =/= gargantuan

EDIT: Also just read something on GAF, why don't people complain about Ryu, Ken and Akuma in Street Fighter? lol

EDIT2: I saw some pic of falco with 2 guns is he just like in Melee or is he different?

He's the same but different. Like Luigi is to Mario

Lazy just isn't an acceptable complaint here. It's not as if we've been a given a choice of quantity or quality, Sakurai & Friends appear have gone above and beyond the call of duty and given us both.

Well, Luigi is pretty damn different from Mario, so cool.

All the complaining just shows some people are really spoiled