NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ok, I love the final roster... there's just one thing I don't get:

If Nintendo was flooded with offers by third party characters... how come they only got two on the final version? :o

I call lies. They make it seem like other companies were begging them, but when you hear companies like Capcom speak on the matter, it seems Nintendo didn't even ask for their input...Which is fair enough i guess; its their game afterall. But theres nothing wrong with putting pride aside and reaching out abit.

Geez, she has a large head!

Well she is an animated fox-chick after all. :indeed:

Ok, I love the final roster... there's just one thing I don't get:

If Nintendo was flooded with offers by third party characters... how come they only got two on the final version? :o

Was there actually a time they ever said anything remotely like "flooded with offers"? I recall Megaman's creator mentioned Nintendo hadn't asked them about it and I don't think they'd proposed it either. I don't think most developers even really thought about it that much and from the seems of it Nintendo didn't contact anyone about third party characters, apart from maybe Sega because of the outright demand for Sonic.

Was there actually a time they ever said anything remotely like "flooded with offers"? I recall Megaman's creator mentioned Nintendo hadn't asked them about it and I don't think they'd proposed it either. I don't think most developers even really thought about it that much and from the seems of it Nintendo didn't contact anyone about third party characters, apart from maybe Sega because of the outright demand for Sonic.

I don't recall where I read it, but it was everywhere, if I remember correctly.

You know that they can't just lie like that in the open without other companies calling it out. And I remember reading an interview with Inafune I think saying he would like Megaman to be in, but that he didnt have any contact with Nintendo about it. They only said Kojima begged for Snake to be in the game. But ultimately, this is a Nintendo game, not Marvel vs Capcom, not to mention that gameplay wise, legally, development and finantilly I suppose it wouldnt be easy to have a gazillion 3rd party games. We would all like this to be our dream game (crono ;_; ), but for that, it would never see the light of day.

Ridley(hes not too big) and DS(if she has a moveset from the end of corruption, she does not have to be a clone)

ridley.png

Yeah, not too big :indeed:

or from neogaf:

Ridley.jpg

Tbh I wouldnt mind other Metroid characters, but Samus is the only charismatic one and it isn't exactly popular in Japan, so I can kinda se their point of view.

Crono is totally in it. I will wait five years if need be. He'll be downloadable. You'll see.

Yeah, because there's no world outside Japan...

And Ridley was fucking small!

metroid_1.gif

Smaller than Bowser

comparatif_super_mario_64_DS_et_N64_bowser_20050225.jpg

Either way I don't give a fuck, I love this game and this kind of discussion is petty and stupid.

TBH I can't help but feel slightly disappointed by the 3rd party inputs...Its basically Sonic and Snake. They could have atleast teamed them up with tails and Grey Fox if thats all there would be. Now, watching Grey Fox as an AT will only make me wish he was playable.

I hate that Sonic is in this game. I absolutely hate it.

Listening to the opening tune gives me chills. God I want this game now.

It's a fucking Nintendo game! Be thankful that there are 3rd party chars. ffs

Also, Ridley wasn't small from Super Metroid onwards and Metroid isn't that big outside of Japan either. Which fucking sucks.

It's a fucking Nintendo game! Be thankful that there are 3rd party chars. ffs.

Nah...Thats sloppy. Either finish the job and add a more pronounced number of 'foreign' fighters or honestly, don't add any at all. It just feels lacking to a point where Snake and Sonic feel more like a novelty than anything else. Just my opinion dude.

Look at it this way, would you be content with Snake as the only 3rd party fighter? With all those musicians listed, ya, I somewhat expected more.

Nah...Thats sloppy. Either finish the job and add a more pronounced number of 'foreign' fighters or honestly, don't add any at all. It just feels lacking to a point where Snake and Sonic feel more like a novelty than anything else. Just my opinion dude.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Nope. Take out Sonic and Snake and you still have a magical game. They don't take anything away from the game but the 2 don't add that much.

To tell the truth I still don't think Sonic fits in with the Brawl or even fighting Genre because of the type of character he is, I can only see him fit for some form of racing. And I think the only reason he is in brawl is because Sega is nintendo's new lover. Damn namco get your act together.

Seriously King... I mean... I'm literally laughing here. Oh lord. Mind blowing. Simply mind blowing

Yeah, because there's no world outside Japan...

And Ridley was fucking small!

metroid_1.gif

The original Metroid 1 is no longer canon really, Ridley is even more huge than usual in his Zero Mission form.

enemieschar62sd8.jpg

Ridley is in Brawl in boss form and is HUGE and awesome looking. I'd rather see him represented in the game in an awesome way than shrunk into some silly looking shell of himself simply to be playable.

Seriously King... I mean... I'm literally laughing here. Oh lord. Mind blowing. Simply mind blowing

*shrug* Well y'know, don't rape my opinion dude. :)

When they were announced I was excited at the prospect of more 3rd party characters. At one point it seemed the sky was the limit...But now; rapid anti-climax.

To tell the truth I still don't think Sonic fits in with the Brawl or even fighting Genre because of the type of character he is, I can only see him fit for some form of racing. And I think the only reason he is in brawl is because Sega is nintendo's new lover. Damn namco get your act together.

There's a bunch of characters there that don't fit the normal fighting genre but have done fine in Smash, Sonic isn't any different.

The original Metroid 1 is no longer canon really, Ridley is even more huge than usual in his Zero Mission form.

enemieschar62sd8.jpg

Ridley is in Brawl in boss form and is HUGE and awesome looking. I'd rather see him represented in the game in an awesome way than shrunk into some silly looking shell of himself simply to be playable.

I completely agree with you, he's a bad ass giant boss motherfucker and trying to make him fit just because we want more characters (honestly, it was never going to be enough) is just non sense. Now, if he does happen to be in playable form (and I say this because there's a picture of him Trophyfied along the rest of the roster) I won't mind at all.

When they were announced I was excited at the prospect of more 3rd party characters. At one point it seemed the sky was the limit...But now; rapid anti-climax.

I was gonna ask what would be the limit for 3rd party characters, but the sky! Whoa that's a lot of undeserving bastards.

Am I the only one who feels "unimpressed" with the final roster? Seriously, I don't think there's anything "special" about it.

I'm sorry and I know I'm being a troll and this isn't the kind of posts I like to see or make, but your opinion is stupid.

There, I said it, no offense meant, but I had to get it out of my system.

I mean, seriously. It's ridiculous. 2 new awesome 3rd party characters to add a little spice is worse than having no 3rd party characters? The only solution would be to have like, 100? That's why you're always moaning about Nintendo games, zelda yadda yadda, disapointment bla bla bla. You always expect the impossible from them.

Again, don't take this to heart lol

I'm sorry and I know I'm being a troll and this isn't the kind of posts I like to see or make, but your opinion is stupid.

There, I said it, no offense meant, but I had to get it out of my system.

I mean, seriously. It's ridiculous. 2 new awesome 3rd party characters to add a little spice is worse than having no 3rd party characters? The only solution would be to have like, 100? That's why you're always moaning about Nintendo games, zelda yadda yadda, disapointment bla bla bla. You always expect the impossible from them.

Again, don't take this to heart lol

LOL...Tut, Hellfire. :indeed:

What 'spice' do these characters add? 2 'major' 3rd party characters simply make them stand out and make people wishing there were more or atleast dabble in the possibilities. This is what i meant by saying they might as well leave it as an all-Nintendo party. I just know I'm going to be longing to play as the Ninja (you admitted you wished you can play as him) or think of what other stars could have been in.

I mean, no Capcom character!? Thats almost joke-like. Capcom has definatly honoured Nintendo more than Konami in the past and I'm sure most people anticipated a Capcom fighter ATLEAST.

But meh, otherwise mistake this for midnight banter. :heh:

Of course I wanted Ninja! And Crono and Simon Belmont, Alucard, Megaman, Vyse, Travis, but this isn't dreamland where we fart sunshine, vomit rainbows and ride on unicorns!

Also, I'm typing while trying to guess what do in Zack & Wiki lol

Of course I wanted Ninja! And Crono and Simon Belmont, Alucard, Megaman, Vyse, Travis, but this isn't dreamland where we fart sunshine, vomit rainbows and ride on unicorns!

Also, I'm typing while trying to guess what do in Zack & Wiki lol

But come one, dawg. If they could get a freaking Sin and Punishment character as an Assist, surely they could have beefed up the 3rd party roster atleast by one. (three being a crowd and all.)

Look at it this way, would you be content with Snake as the only 3rd party fighter? With all those musicians listed, ya, I somewhat expected more.

What? :shakehead lol

But come one, dawg. If they could get a freaking Sin and Punishment character as an Assist, surely they could have beefed up the 3rd party roster atleast by one. (three being a crowd and all.)

I just think it's a shame Megaman wasn't in... but what's the point? It'll be god, anyway.

OH yeah, making a charcater that appears does always the same thing and vanishes is exactly the same thing as creating a complete and full character with all the moves, final smash and alternate outfits. Totally.

Hmm... *walks in thread, reads last ten pages*

*faints*

*regains consciousness after two hours*

Such a diverse mixture of feelings and emotions....