NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

they should of just got rid of the pokemon trainer and put them 3 as pokemon characters in the character select menu

well, that wouldn't be the same, the idea of constantly swapping the pokemon as they get fatigued seems clever to me, and besides, though the pokemon are all fairly popular, id not say any were popular enough to get a staring role, having said that pichu was in melle (why??)

if they were just 3 caracters, they would be 3 relitivly dull caracters, having the trainer swap them seems cool to me, and besides, we havent even seen how they handel yet, moves etc may be very diffrent to normal caracters.

About the Pokémon weakness thing, I don't think it's gonna happen, nor do I think it's a good idea. I mean, sure, it would be more realistic, but remember, Smash Bros. has always been about very straight-forward gameplay, about learning and mastering a character's moves and using the items and environment to your advantage.

For some reason this weakness thing seems just a tad too RPG-like and tactical to me when put up against the more straight-forward gameplay of the Smash series, where success almost entirely rested on a player's skills. In the previous instalments, almost none of the characters were weak, they just had different strong and weak sides, except maybe for Pichu, but even this tiny Pokémon could be deadly in a master's hands - and that's exactly my point. No character had predefined weaknesses against other characters - in the end, it all came down to who mastered their character best.

Maybe I'm just rambling, but I think I've got a point somewhere in there.

About the Pokémon weakness thing, I don't think it's gonna happen, nor do I think it's a good idea. I mean, sure, it would be more realistic, but remember, Smash Bros. has always been about very straight-forward gameplay, about learning and mastering a character's moves and using the items and environment to your advantage.

Lol. That part made me laugh.

ive gone off pokemon in recent years, i loved blue, i loved it so much i almost married it. gold still appealed to me, but i didnt have the same drive as with blue. ruby was the last one i bought, it was still pokemon, but it had nothing exciting about it, being back in pokemon world just felt oud and i could see the limitedness off it, one on one battles felt flat, 2 v 2 was pretty good but still it wasnt great. it just too limiting for me, 4 moved, how many of thouse are taken up by HM's?

seeing the pokemon in brawl isn't offencive to me though, pokemon has been a great franchise and the origional thril of trading and fighting mates is still un surpassed, and the pokemon trainer for me brings back one of my happiest gaming memories, pokemon blue, i guess anything from more recent pokemon games will go right over myu head though

Diamond and Pearl I've felt's better than Ruby/Saphire so far.

I noticed that too. :heh:

Anyway...I think this is the best update ever; it adds a new pokemon character, and It seems fair to have all the original starters, and they're a team instead of taking up character selection space.

I just hope they aren't crap, as this is one brilliant 'fighter' for Smash Bros.!!

P.S. Jigglypuff had better be in it.

Unexpected but wonderfull update. Sakurai will never stop to surprise us. I love how he makes so much effort to have unique characters. Make me think Ice Climbers will not be out.

The character itself is the best representative of the pokemon games in his mechanic.

Maybe his final smash will be sending Mewtwo to the field and, this time, Mewtwo will be powerfull like he deserve to be.

Jigglypuff had better be in it.

+12 357.66

But I really don't worry about it since he is in the 12 original characters (and has a ninja headband).

I don't understand the deal with pokemon. This character will probably replace Pichu since Pichu is unoriginal as hell. I don't think there will be 10 pokemon characters, 4 most likely, maybe 5.

i came back from a friend's house and i saw this i was like, WTF? at first but after i thought about it really is a cool idea, you can't use the same pokemon too much because of the stamina thing it mentioned, and you switch them out for different situations.

It is straight foward, it's like that board game on the advert. "Minutes to learn" somewhat longer to master.

or the next update is about his Smash attack i think his special attack will be a team attack that the three pokemon attack at once

i really wonder how you play with them in adventure mode how will the trainer keep up?

by walking?

id imagine some stages would make it difficult for a normal person to walk across, such as that one thatr was falling appart for example.

Cmon whens the sonic and tails update coming. CMON!. I feel this may be last if there is one

id imagine some stages would make it difficult for a normal person to walk across, such as that one thatr was falling appart for example.

by appearing?

Devil/Demon

assist05_070814a.jpg

It’s the devil/demon from the NES game, Devil World!

When this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?

assist05_070814b-l.jpg

Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!

assist05_070814c-l.jpg

To the side! He’s pointing to the side!

assist05_070814d-l.jpg

And now the screen scrolls!

In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.

assist05_070814e-l.jpg

Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!

Source: http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/assist05.html; http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist05.html

Why exactly does it make you laugh? I thought I had an OK point. :wtf:

About the new update: I had actually expected another piece of information about the Pokémon Trainer. But maybe it'll come tomorrow, like they did with Ike.

I think that they're saying Melee isn't exactly straightforward, as in the fighting has a huge amount of depth to it.

Personally, I think it is pretty straightforward. I mean, it's not like characters are 'super effective' against other characters.

Personally, I think it is pretty straightforward. I mean, it's not like characters are 'super effective' against other characters.

Well actually....

I think that they're saying Melee isn't exactly straightforward, as in the fighting has a huge amount of depth to it.

Well, maybe I could have worded my point better. Let me try to put it more clear: Smash was never about having to think strategically and tactically to win. Compare it with for example Chess. There, you have to be very tactical to even stand a chance. You have to memorize all the pieces, their movements and special rules. To win, you have to think two steps ahead of your enemy, preferrably without him knowing it. In Smash, you have all the knowledge you need to win from the start: Knock the other guy out before you get knocked out. Of course, when you get better, you learn to use the moves, items etc. to your advantage - in a way, strategically. The rules are straight-forward, but the gameplay is not. If you turn it Pokémon-RPG-style, the rules aren't straight-forward anymore. And that was my point.

Ahahaha, the update is awesome. I can't wait to try that out.

Well, maybe I could have worded my point better.

I think you worded it just fine the first time. 'Straightforward gameplay' meaning that it's easy to play, never mind how much depth there is to it.

I wonder why he has a different (and wrong) name in the US. He clearly looks more like a demon than a devil.

I think you worded it just fine the first time. 'Straightforward gameplay' meaning that it's easy to play, never mind how much depth there is to it.

Well, he was the one he used the word, I'm pretty sure he should be the one to define it :heh:

Also, for future reference, no one uses items in anything that resembles high level play.

Nice and original, people like bowser are gonna be screwed.