N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any levels that have been revealed thus far that have a "solid" platform/wall structure like the bottom of Hyrule Temple where you can't jump through it and where if someone did a smash move on you, you hit the top bit and go ricochetting?

You'd want to get under cover for this move, as although it has very short range, if you get caught, I think according to play impressions, its pretty much an instant KO...

Never played a Smash Bros game before, but I'm becoming very interested in this!!!

Dude! Don't get another generation without playing this!

There's a reason why I masturbate to the smash bros website every morning. (except on weekend when there's no news)

I think the excitement you see on this thread should be a good hint on how fun the Smash Bros series is.

About Metaknight's final smash, I don't understand if after the stage gets all dark you're the one who control Metaknight and proceed to kick ass or if it is done automatically.

Are there any levels that have been revealed thus far that have a "solid" platform/wall structure like the bottom of Hyrule Temple where you can't jump through it and where if someone did a smash move on you, you hit the top bit and go ricochetting?

You'd want to get under cover for this move, as although it has very short range, if you get caught, I think according to play impressions, its pretty much an instant KO...

New Pork City, I guess. We haven't seen exactly what that stage has.

Im beginning to worry about Brawl, these Final Smash moves sound worryingly like the power shots from Mario Power Tennis and it seems like every map has some random instant kill things

If they ruin the game with gimmickry i won't be happy :mad:

The map editor might help though, especially if theres an option to turn off Final Smash. Classic Melee and SB1 action ftw!

Im beginning to worry about Brawl, these Final Smash moves sound worryingly like the power shots from Mario Power Tennis and it seems like every map has some random instant kill things

The map editor might help though, especially if theres an option to turn off Final Smash. Classic Melee and SB1 action ftw!

It will depend on how frequent the Final Smash items are. If they come at a rate as say a Heart Piece, magic hammer or star as seen in Melee then I think it will be okay (in 1st player).

You could always turn them off thought McPhee. Though I do understand where you are coming from and I feel similar.

Thats good to hear. Some Melee maps were bad enough for getting beaten by complete random chance, don't really want that amped up for Brawl. Im gonna be very picky with this game, not owning a Wii it's gonna cost me a bloody fortune to get to play it! If it's not 100% awesome then im not interested :p

lol People who play a fun game 'seriously' make me laugh!!!

Thats good to hear. Some Melee maps were bad enough for getting beaten by complete random chance, don't really want that amped up for Brawl. Im gonna be very picky with this game, not owning a Wii it's gonna cost me a bloody fortune to get to play it! If it's not 100% awesome then im not interested :p

Only the ones with Arwings shooting you surely!? The others are pretty ?unaffectant? or unrandom.

It's been pretty much proved that Melee is the exception.

It's so customizable and has so much freedom of movement, that it can swing both ways.

And the stage builder it's exactly why you shouldn't worry about gimmicky stages. The stage builder allows you to build non-gimmicky stages easily.

It will depend on how frequent the Final Smash items are. If they come at a rate as say a Heart Piece, magic hammer or star as seen in Melee then I think it will be okay (in 1st player).

Well in all the 1minute matches at E for All, the smash ball always appeared (sometimes even twice).

And yeah, Power tennis was ruined by Power Shots.

I got the impression that the Smash balls are pretty rare? It doesn't really matter anyway because if they appear too often for your liking then I'm sure you can just turn them off. Wasn't there an update showing how you can customise battle items and you can make certain items appearance less frequent than others? Simply make the Smash balls as rare as you wish.

Goron 3, maybe the Smash balls were appearing alot at E for All to show them off?

Well, considering everything has been improved from Melee in some way (eve nthe small details) I'd expect at the very least to have an equal quality item switch. So you can set it to only certain items etc. Should be easy enough to turn off Smash Balls. Tbh, after the first week or two of novelty I expect most people will.

Skyworld. The platforms are totally solid. You won't be able to jump through them, until you break them and clouds replace them. :heh:

Chances are in E For All, they increased the probability...even if you cant in game...to allow for people playing to get a taste of what is to come

I agree...its more fun having to cope with random stuff thrown at you than to just have the same thing again and again and again...and again...and again

Perhaps it will be like Melee where you couldn't edit the frequency of individual items but just items in general.

you could turn off individual items tho

Oh yeah cos last time i checked, you can't have fun unless you're just button bashing.

Grow up.

god... is there no end to the immaturity? all of you grow up it's just a game! who cares how someone plays it, everyone has a different style! people take these things way too seriously these days...