N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only show the revealed characters on the website so other icons have probably been deliberately hidden for that screenshot.

I see there are some Mii icons as well.

Mii to be playable applying your unique selected Mii in system with generic moveset? Yes Please! :smile:

What day this week is the 100th update, was it today?

I think I speak for many of the people on this thread when I say:

YES!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I actually said that. Out loud. In an office. :red:

I'm glad random matches don't affect your battle record. It will be a lot less disconnector this way.

Excellent point. In fact, this is a massive draw for me. There are so many people whose most important thing in life is their Mario Kart Win-Loss ratio - and it can spoil almost every race.

I'll bet we get the shielding update tomorrow to compensate :p

I actually want some clarification on that. I have seen characters dodging without the shield bubble popping into sight.

Add that to the fact that Mario can shield while attacking with the FLUDD and I can tell some things has changed.

I am probably the only one who completely don't care of online battle. IMO, that's not really different than playing with a advanced CPU (which can disconnect and leave) since you can't communicate with your opponents. IMO, Smash is way better with friends beside you. Anyway, the message feature with friends is nice (I will spam "Promizoulin!!").

I'm so much more interested in other online features already hinted previously in an interview and confirmed today.

And it seems we have all the starting roster considering the icons.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but playing against another human, even if you're hundreds of kilometers apart, is NOTHING like playing against a CPU in terms of difficulty. You're right about the social aspect, though. It won't be as fun without the screaming and laughing all around you. Which is why I seriously hope it's possible to play more people at the same console against other people online like in Strikers Charged.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but playing against another human, even if you're hundreds of kilometers apart, is NOTHING like playing against a CPU in terms of difficulty. You're right about the social aspect, though. It won't be as fun without the screaming and laughing all around you. Which is why I seriously hope it's possible to play more people at the same console against other people online like in Strikers Charged.

It is going to be 4 player max. They confirmed it on the site a while ago.

People should see online matches as a way to get better at the game. In Melee, there is no way to get really good at it if there's no one around playing with you. The CPU just isn't hard enough (or intelligent enough). Therefore, online battles are great, and I really like this update. Now I can even pretend to have friends. XD

JAEWHBFOUQLHGWIFaeuhfdaiopueghlrkjgnhsorihg

*breaths deep*

So glad that it's finally been confirmed. And more than just free for alls, which was all I expected. You can tell by the way he has said it that he isn't sure about online due to the lag, but feels obliged to put it in. And the taunt messages are better than nothing.

I wonder if there will be co-op storymode?

There really is no pleasing people is there

Sorry, its just i'm so used to XBL.

Mario Strikers pissed me off, due to so many reasons. The online just felt like really cheap AI rather than someone actually playing against you, because you didn't know who they were or how they spoke.

Games against people you don't know is just going to turn into "OMG I'M AMAZING AT SMASH BROS, WATCH ME USE MY OVERLY COMPLEX MOVES!" *wave dashes pointlessly*

Urgh, online with friends is a god send... now if only i could have a dedicated name.

I personally don't give a rat's ass about voice chat, unless you're only playing with friends. Don't really want to hear a bunch of 10 year olds being retards.

It doesn't matter if I talk to them or not, it's still obvious by the way they play that they're human. I've been playing online for years without voice chat.