Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

So whats everyones favourite galaxy? i gotta say, i really liked the dreadnought one and the junk one, they were pretty spacey =] captures the feel of the game.

What's that one with the caterpillars biting through the apple?

And the Ice Mountain one with the moderately tricky purple coin collection?

Those were pretty good, along with the Toy Galaxy.

Obviously any galaxy with Boo in it rules

Thats good as well. I liked the ones where it sort of went 2d/3d with the gravity platforms and you had to get purple coins. I would say it was a hard level, but after comlpleting it with Luigi fairly quickly second time through... Hard when you first attempt.

I really loved most of them, even the ones I like less.

This game excels because its easy and fun to play, I was completely amazed that by the 60th star I still hadn't see most of the game and the galaxies I saw was in such a small amount I couldn't almost remember them. Its never repetitive and always fresh even the coin hunt was fun to do because they mixed it up between mini games and cool galaxies. Its certainly the most well paced game I ever played.

I really loved most of them, even the ones I like less.

This game excels because its easy and fun to play, I was completely amazed that by the 60th star I still hadn't see most of the game and the galaxies I saw was in such a small amount I couldn't almost remember them. Its never repetitive and always fresh even the coin hunt was fun to do because they mixed it up between mini games and cool galaxies. Its certainly the most well paced game I ever played.

I thought because the standard of fun was quite high I rushed through it and shat on it. After completing with Luigi there's little to do. I should have saved the Luigi run through for a few months later.

C'mon even that was easy! Have you tried Corruption on Hyper Mode?

You make fantastic comparisons. Comparing Mario, a game that's played by "everyone" to a first person adventure played by handful of gamers?

*golf clap*

Next, try comparing every game's difficulty to Ikaruga's Very Hard mode

Not if you want to get 120 stars :P Kinda like Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Yes, it's easy. It just is. There can't have been more than 5 stars in this game that took more than 5 attempts to get, and I'm not even particularly good at Mario games, really.

I'm on 91 stars at the moment. I recently did 'Luigi's Purple Coins' which is good. At the moment I am trying to do the purple coins and speed run at Dusty Dune but I find that Galaxy so boring. I was hoping to have 121 by now considering I got the game last Christmas so now I'm aiming to get Mario done during Easter. I will then go through as Luigi over May/June to help wait for Brawl.

You make fantastic comparisons. Comparing Mario, a game that's played by "everyone" to a first person adventure played by handful of gamers?

*golf clap*

Next, try comparing every game's difficulty to Ikaruga's Very Hard mode

You'll warm to them soon enough. I thought i was making it easy with the Lee Evans & Zack and Wiki one

Mario Galaxy is too EASY to me...

The galaxys are Epic, but its too easy, the only hard thing is the Purple Coins, and that's not hard, that's frustating, its not like Metroid, where you find it hard, but you still want to play it because you love it, IS FRUSTRATING!!!

The only exception is the brilliant Luigi Level Purple Coins, love it...

Anyway, i love every galaxy that isn't in the ground, i like the ones where you are on a moving stage and avoid giant balls and things like that.

IMO

Galaxy>>Mario 64>>Sunshine>>Haggis&somme

: peace:

Hehe :)

I just didn't 'get' galaxy I suppose. I didn't get the same enjoyment from it as I did Sunshine or '64. It just bores me a little tbh. 64 was awesome throughout, Sunshine had the fantastic block section things, and Galaxy had....erm, running around a sphere and beating easy bosses.

It's not a bad game, I'm just saying I prefer both '64 and Sunshine.

I've just finished the first Bowser level and I can say that this planet thing really redefines all of it. It just keeps exciting you, I don't see how you could find it boring.

All this easiness is not necessarily bad, as it makes the game flow incredibly well. And I usually like a proper challenge.

I've just finished the first Bowser level and I can say that this planet thing really redefines all of it. It just keeps exciting you, I don't see how you could find it boring.

All this easiness is not necessarily bad, as it makes the game flow incredibly well. And I usually like a proper challenge.

Yeah it gets a little harder! I've loved every minute of it though!

In my opinion it kinda shows you what Sunshine should of been! Though i do like that game!

I actually only found the last few levels and the purple coin hunt really interesting and challening, because the other times it was far too linear for me. I was more or less walking along a set path to reach the star where in Mario 64 there were other starts I could aquire during a certain mission and sometimes I had to look around the whole level to find it.

And finally the coin hunt forces me to look around and in the process enjoy the whole level with all it's nice features and details.

I think one of the mint things in the game was whenyou had to jump across the cliff edge on the ice level purple coins. There were loads of ledges like that in 64, useful hidden platforms. Clock level prime example

64>>>Galaxy>Sunshine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Donald Duck Quack Attack