NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Serebii I still cant find that

Luigi star. What exactly do I have to do./ Thanks a lot dude.

Go to the first star in the honey bee Galaxy, and when you start he's on the tree just up to the left. To get there get the coin in the fountaing/pond bit so the bee mushroom appears, then once you transform, fly up the waterfall bit as if you were going to the queen, but at the ledge. Use the eye camera and look for Luigi about that area. Then jump off the ledge and fly up to the next platform. It's a bit tricky but you'll get there.

Well I just did the hardest star ever. I wish you all luck with it. God it was annoying. I lost 15 lives on it and I rarely ever die :s

Thanks Shadow, Im going to try that now!

How many stars you on Serebii?! Im sure I wont be able to find them all.

Yay! Did it. Cheers dude.

Just completed the Beach Bowl Galaxy, I loved the music so much. :D It reminded me of a better Mario Sunshine. The third mission however almost made me break the TV.

One little touch that I love in the game, and I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed it, is that, in the observatory, the music slowly but surely changes when you get more and more Grand Stars. At first, the music is quite basic, but by the time you get, say, 4/5 Grand Stars, it starts to sound a lot more complete.

Finished it last night, now just to get 120 stars. Have 64 at mo. The thing is you have to finish the game to actually get 120 stars, you can only get 105 otherwise as the purple coin comet doesn't appear till you get the ending.

The music is superb

Finished it last night, now just to get 120 stars. Have 64 at mo. The thing is you have to finish the game to actually get 120 stars, you can only get 105 otherwise as the purple coin comet doesn't appear till you get the ending.

Woah finished already lol

117 Stars now. The last one was a total bitch. A Daredevil one doing an entire level instead of just a boss like the other daredevils

I'm taking a break now lol

Got 60 stars now. Just done dare devil mole boss run. Done it first time. Gonna have a break now and maybe leave Bowser till tomorrow.

can't believe how fast people have done this. I literally havn't had enough time to get enough of this.

I dont have Uni as I'm on the gapyear, I don't have a job. My friends work and go to uni...gotta do something to occupy my time

I've been savouring it. I don't want it to end but it will soon

119 down, 1 annoying secret star to go :s

Got the game Thursday, and completed it today. I'll get my only bad point about the game out of the way first. My only nag really is the hub world. I find it inferior to Mario 64's Peach's Castle, perhaps even inferior to Mario Sunshine's Delfino Plaza. It's still good, but it's got nothing on Peach's Castle.

Aside from that, I find the game pretty much perfect. It's easy, sure, but it has it's hard parts, and I'm quite sure some will find the game quite challenging for the most part.

Is it better than Mario 64? In my opinion, I think they're both equally as good. But Mario Galaxy is certainly deserving of all these high scores being given to it, knocking OoT off it's number 1 pedestal (I preferred Majora's Mask anyway :heh:).

And for those thinking Serebii rushed, well...

I went ahead and got 120 stars again! But not as Mario. Oh no, this time round I did it as Luigi! Luigi has better speed and jumping skills than Mario, but it'll take a while for him to come to a halt after running. This made some challenges easier, but some others tougher. Also, when playing as Luigi, you still have to save Luigi from that Haunted Mansion. Bit awkward that, having two Luigis. Ah well. So, I went ahead and got 120 stars as Luigi. But that wasn't the end either...

You think it's over? Think again! there's a secret star that can only be obtained after getting 120 stars with Mario and Luigi. It's called the Grand Finale Galaxy, and it takes place at the Star Festival, the area outside Peach's Castle where you were at the beginning of the game! After collecting 100 purple coins here, you will obtain the final star, and a special letter. You can do this with both Mario and Luigi, so in total there are 242 stars!

Now I'm gonna start the game again. It's that addicting for me! icondancewm8.gif

Woo that means I've still got loadfs to do

120th got. Time to own Bowser again

I agree with you Sprout, the hub is not as good as 64 or Sunshine.

I wonder what the next one will be....

My god people actually have all 120? I'm trying to savour it till I get Guitar Hero III but you guys are plowing through it.

Though I can easily see me playing this soon after I complete it.

I agree with you Sprout, the hub is not as good as 64 or Sunshine.

I wonder what the next one will be....

I kinda feel the same although I have only just unlocked the fountain. But it seems a bit samey with each of the galaxies simply accessed via a dome.

I prefer Peaches Castle aswell. That's the only bit I prefer when comparing the games. with each other. In Mario 64 there was sort of more exploration instead of everything just being there from the bat.

Also got the red star ;) God I love that.

Now have 82 stars after doing the final battle , time to track down the missing 38.

A bit gutted to have gone through so quickly (not as quick as some though) but it is more down to the fact that I just can't help switching it on when I get a spare few minutes , but I do think/hope those remaining 38 may take a little while.

The game is practically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the swimming controls. But it's not exactly game ruining. It remains my favourite game. :)