NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

To those who got this yesterday I hate you all! :)

I got it on Wednesday, so you must loathe me. :laughing:

Anyways, this game truly is the defining game for the Wii, I've enjoyed every moment of this game thus far, got 37 stars, day off today so I'm gonna try and get to 60 stars at least. :smile:

no not now.. in about 8 1/2 hours when I get off work and pick it up at my local gamepusher.. "the thrill of anticipation is the biggest thrill".. oh yes it is

sigh.. actually 9 hours until I can put the disc into my wii

I've given this some serious playtime, and this truely is SM64's successor! Power-ups, great design, tight gameplay and not a beach, pumpgadget or crappy voice-acting in sight! And great graphics to boot! :D This oozes Mario-magic!

One 'gripe' I have is that Mario's voice can be...odd. I know his voice always has been rather high and sharp, but now (and thanks to the advances in soundtechnology) his overenthousiastic "Super Mario Galaxyyyy!!!!!!" makes my porcelain crack. And why does he sound like a cat when he grabs and climbs a ledge? It almost sounds like mewing to me.

But that's nitpicking. This game shows why Nintendo is... well, Nintendo. :wink:

It's as good as Mario 64, even better would you say? I believe so....

I wonder how many people called in sick today...

I tried to scive Uni :heh: Didn't work though...

I won't be able to play this for like another 12 hours. Wehen I think that I almost cry.

Argh I'm on a killer 9-9 shift today this better be there when I get home!

9-9!? Damnnn. I feel for you brother, but would you even have the energy to play?

Anyone know how the first few days sales were in the US and people who work in game stores how's it doing in UK. After Japan I'm a little worreid, I want this game to do stupidly well sales wise to show Nintendo they need to keep making eipc games!!

I think it's more popular over here and the US than Japan, there was big events and lots of queues showing how popular it was. And the apparent shortages backs this up. But numbers would be good and I can't be bothered waiting for NPD sales.

The Japs like horse racing simulations. Enough said.

Oh, and does any one just wish there was more exploration in the game?

I'm loving it too. Kind of gave me a headache at first and made me feel motion sick with the whole aspect of running eternally around the planets. I think my head has since adapted to this and now I feel fine.

I was playing this till 1am last night and had the most surreal dreams about it. Which usually means it's good. Alongside my Endless Ocean dreams, my dreams are all game related!! lol.

Anyhoo, it is the greatest game I've played in ages. I was a little concerned about the moveset originally as they don't have the ott motion of Mario64 but it's far more realistic I guess. I love the swimming mechanics too. (Way better than sunshine's- More akin to M64). Oh and how cute is mario's old crawl move!! - crouch and walk.

It really is mario 64 all over again. The bumble bee world totally reminded me of Whomps Fortress. (That second level on M64.) But with added extras. Brilliant!

Best level yet was the first encounter with you know who. It was like Mario 64 all over again. And the music :yay: Best designed level for years. And the graphics on B and the music...God I can go on and on and on...

Kind of gutted I have 30 starts after 4hrs :(. Must...play..slower...

If I could sum this game up in one picture it would be this...with gravity: And that's the highest praise I could ever give any game.

I can't wait to get this later on! (I slept in so didnt get it first thing and can't get it until a little later now...)

When I get back home and get on the Wii again, I wanna re-do some levels and listen to the music again. I just don't find it that repetive or boring :D

This game is tied with OoT on game rankings!

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Ive played loads more and it just seems to get better and better... every clever level design brings another smile to my face... theres no way im gonna leave this game untill every star is mine.

I remember OOT used to be 98%, but its been declining slowly with removal of a few reviews and such. Someone in charge of approving reviews has obviously tweaked OOT with another review removed as it had 31, now 30 and dropped one tenth of a percent hence the tie. Someone in charge obviously wants OOT off the top spot!

I've seen nothing but universal praise for this game. People that have criticised it have really only nitpicked on minor issues. I'm yet to see one "major" legitimate flaw/criticism with the game said by anyone, anywhere, which is obviously consistent with all your impressions of the game based on your time with it. I've still gotta wait another 13 days to play this game...

I can hear Solitanze saying that his BARE MINIMUM has been reached on Game Rankings. I'm sure the guy is happy now.

Bad thing is, I just went on a level which is essentially an earlier level flipped :/

You guys are really convincing me to get this... Just when I was thinking about selling my Wii. Might get it this afternoon, that'll give me 2 weeks to complete before the eBaying of the Wii commences....

I love the music of a certain level...sounds really like christmas and is haunting! The one with the Rocket in it!

I should really remember the names of the levels, but there all so fantastic i keep forgetting.

Got this from Tesco this morning and played for a short while. It's amazing! Almost feels too good to play!! Quite disorientating at first - but in the same sublime way that it was to use an analogue stick for the first time in 64. I've hardly played at all in fact, just got the first star.. can't wait to really get stuck in this evening. I think so far the best word to describe the feeling this game conjures is 'wonderment'.

I can hear Solitanze saying that his BARE MINIMUM has been reached on Game Rankings. I'm sure the guy is happy now.

What the hell is wrong with that guy? He plagues the comment boxes with long rants using made up statistics and capitalises sets of words for no apparent reason. Is he not well?

I love the music of a certain level...sounds really like christmas and is haunting! The one with the Rocket in it!

I should really remember the names of the levels, but there all so fantastic i keep forgetting.

Me too. I find it hard to remember them. I just remember "Sweet Sweet Galaxy" (I think) cause when I listened to it I just went "Oh my..." and smiled.

What the hell is wrong with that guy? He plagues the comment boxes with long rants using made up statistics and capitalises sets of words for no apparent reason. Is he not well?

That's the only reason I can think off. It's like he doesn't have any judgement skills on games. He vows by gamerankings and get's above a certain percent and never buys multi-platform games. Then when people talk about how other games are good he ignores them and rants about a load of crap...

Wow, i just got to the 4th "area".

Jesus christ, those are the best planets yet. By miles.

This game, holy shit, its so damn good i would have sex with it if it was possible.