NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

oh yeah n-europe do us all a very big big favour (Sp) never change that banner at the top of the page with mario and those stars keep it like that for ever so we can drawl all over n-europe

Got 86 stars now :s The rest of them are not main stars so I got some good hunting ahead of me :) Should take a while

But there was one "OMG WOW" moment I had beforehand, something I dont recall seeing mentioned anywhere before which I wont mention here...well I will in Spoiler Tags

The flying power-up. It's done so well, unlike the Wing Cap in 64 which had you controlling it like the plane, this is complete and utter free flying. Then theres the pressing A while flying to completely stop so you can re-aim and choose where you go from there

Absolutely fantastic. Thats one power-up I wasn't expecting. I could spend hours just flying around the hub.

The camera is my only gripe with the game. It's not bad by any means, infact its pretty bluddy great considering the whole level design etc, it's just I've died once or twice due to not seeing whats ahead of me because of it:(

But still, this game rocks. Also, BEE MARIO IS AWESOME!!!

I only just turned the game off and already i want to immerse myself back into it. :D

I have 16 stars now! It is just FUN i haven't gotten from a videogame for ages. :grin:

Each new galaxy is a new WOW!!!! moment!

*goes back to play it!* :heh:

OMG I LOVE THIS GAME

From the moment I clicked on the Disc Channel and heard Mario declare, "Super Mario Galaxy" I was smiling from ear to ear all the way through my play session.

The opening of the game was briliant, the controls work really well, controlling the pointer to collect star bites is great, only thing i'm kinding missing is the "punch, punch, kick"combo from Mario 64.

The graphics, holy crap, if anyone says this game doesn't look good they really need to go to specsavers or something. I'm in bloody awe.

The levels, was a little confused at first with the ending up upside down or running on a side but used it after a few mins. And the level designs are amazing, the best part i feel is the levels don't have an immediate liner feel/look to them, and every nook and cranny just begs to explored.

One of my fav levels so far is the one with the star in a ball and Mario is on top. Man I had so much fun, and the music that went with, bloody brilliant.

And speaking of music, i love the theme on the games hub, so relaxing, and kinda reminds me of a good "feel good" disney film or something.

Only stopped playing cuz my batteries died, so I took a time out to post here before i go get my spares... now back to the game :)

I'm at 51 stars and kind of gutted it has gone so fast. (10hrs playtime) The 'storytelling' parts are my fav part of the game. Beautiful. It has such innocence and charm that it blows my socks off everytime I play. And the inclusion of pseudo 2D mixed with gravity is sublime. I demand a full game based on that idea alone.

My dad also bought this game for his wii and is really, really struggling with it. He is a big Ratchet and Clank gamer and says (in that context) Galaxy is extremely hard. It will be interesting to see how well he does.

My nephew was also playing this (8) and he too struggled with certain aspects of the game. Mainly the whereabouts and control of mario when he goes off the side of a sphere. I really think getting the required amount of stars to see the ending is quite easy. Yet I think the real difficulty (and something which puts this in a stratosphere of it's own) lies in the tougher stars which are similar to the "no backpack" stages in Sunshine.

Arguably this is the hardest and easiest 3d mario platformer made.

Yet when your running on a moon and the stars are falling around you it makes you truly aware that you are playing the most creative videogame in years.

the thing that tops it it's saturday tomorow no school (some people)< no work

o all day you can play super mario galaxy

Got today, 17 stars, stopped for the night.

Mostly very impressive and fun so far, some niggles such as some of the new music is a bit bland in comparison to the levels (honeybee main offender) but most of the orchestrated stuff is very awesome. Loved the nostalgic remix in the "15 star" Galaxy too, really made the game feel like a classic that holds up as a true sequel to Mario 64.

Some of the voice quips in the game are damn irritating though....

the thing that tops it it's saturday tomorow no school (some people)< no work

o all day you can play super mario galaxy

Indeed. Time to get some sleep so I can play it actually awake! :D

I love the games hub music as well. Sort of reminds me of Viva Pinata, that had some really great music as well. I'd go back and play it if I was so totally into this. Will hopefully get a good few hours of play in tomorrow.

This shit is getting me incredibly cranky! I demand you all stop talking about it!

This shit is getting me incredibly cranky! I demand you all stop talking about it!

lol lol lol NO:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead i can't sorry

... Errrr..... Just to let everyone know, and I know it will make that Sol person do a hell of a lot more than wet their wet pants, but....

MARIO GALAXY HAS OVERTAKEN ZELDA: OoT AS THE HIGHEST RANKED GAME OF ALL TIME!!!

:yay:Here :yay:

So this absoloute 1-of-a-kind magical liquid s** of a computer game is 1st now :o, but will it last...

yeah of course go mario :)

actualy i do love zelda ocarina of time so this is going to be a big !!!!!!!!!!! war even though master quest was lot more funner

oh well ho will win

anyway36 starsso far im going to finnish this game 6 times on 6 files :yay:

Well I reached my target of 60 Stars today, I could complete the game right now but heh I'm not going to. :heh:

Besides I still have a whole area to go, so I will at least mess around in there before going to the final part of the game. :smile:

I see no point in rushing through it really, you can if you want but it's more a game where you just simply "play" and the beauty of it is, everyone will play it in a slightly different way.

Either way it's easily one of the best games I have played in years, they should scrap the warnings before you boot up the game regarding safety (make them optional) and replace them with a warning regarding just simply how damn fun this game is. :D

Awe inspiring.

Right i'm gonna call it a night now, on 21 stars, game seems to be flying by, which gives a bit of a sad feeling, i don't want to finish it too quickly.... but i just want to keep playing as long as i can, tomorrow however i'm going to dublin for a party, my cousin has a Wii but he got no wi-fi which means he doesn't have the firmware update to use sd cards for game saves, i'll bring the game to show it off but i'll have to start again... but hey thats actually a good thing, yay.

Another thing i noticed is i'm starting to unlock new levels while there is still some levels i haven't even visited yet for the first time, they should have set the "unlock" figures a little higher, i like getting everything first before moving on but i don't like seeing loads of new levels tempting me to play them out of order.

I just can't see myself getting into this game. In my heart OoT will always be the best.

You don't have to rate it higher than OOT to love it, I still thin OOT is the best game i've ever had the privilage of playing, but Galaxy is still one hell of an enjoyable game, seriously i still can't stop smiling.

Plus Mario and OOT are two totally different types of games, it really is unfair to compare them

okay............. grand star no.3 was just too easy

hey guys they post the messeges on your wii messege board that you get from toad

hey guys they post the messeges on your wii messege board that you get from toad

Just went into the library for the first time, the storybook section of the game is incredible aswell. Really great artwork and an interesting origin story for Mama and her little weird star things. I can't remember their name, It is too early in the... ahh, Luma's!

Up to 40-odd stars now. On the second Bee galaxy one of the bee's is talking about a swing and says "That swing might just be the greatest thing ever." And the shark one another level "I'm a fish of my word". Absolutely brilliant dialogue. EAD be kings.

Oyy! Gotta have 4 hours at work, when I could be at home Marioing it up.

Ho-Hum. Hopefully it will go quickly!

Yeah i adore OOT, thats why i reckon it should be joint first with Galaxy as both games are the best! :D

Gonna play some more now...and i'm also playing Ocarina on my wii again! Amazing....

I got home so fast from work and managed about 30 mins of play and like everyone else all I can say is WOW. I've been thinking for months that I am not getting the most out of this generation and that it was only a matter of time before I bought a 360. but now this has really shown me what the Wii is capable of. The graphics are gorgeous, so many little touches I love I don't have the time to write them all. I loved the opening finally a sense of Mario being epic, gorgeous cut scenes set up Bowsers kidnapping perfectly rather than him just turning up and taking Peach. I love whizzing round the galaxy and seeing planets that one day I'll crash land onto... .

This with its great controls and beautiful graphics and Metroid Prime 3 (which will be left on 21% completed for now) with its wonderful art direction and perfect controls have finally convinced me that the Wii can move on from Wii Sports and the flood of awful mini games and ports... I am in love with the Wii in a way I havn't felt since well almost this time last year.

DAMN I WISH I WASN'T WORKING TODAY! only 10-7 atleast.

One critiscism though and it is really slight and not about the game. DAMN Nintendo for putting "good old fire mario" on the back of the box I had got all this way without knowing it was in there and then bam Nintendo whacks that on the back cover. Same as they did keeping Luigi a secret in Super Paper Mario then put him on the cover art.