NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

ONM UK gave it 97%.

Just watching the latest videos on Gametrailers. Man they put a great musical score in that game, not to mention the graphical detail. Why can't more Wii games look that good!? :)

Played this today on electroworld in Norway and its super-awsome! It was the 10 minute demo thing. I love this game so much! I got some photos of it too, tell me if you want some ;). I even got to see the intro, but when I took some pictures of that I was told i couldn't and I had to delete them, "forgot" to delete one of them tough :D

I will post some photos tomorrow :D You've probably seen most of it already tough. Have you seen the level selection? The controls is really really good and it looks fantastic!

Edit: BTW the intro I'm talking about is like a picture slideshow with text under, it explains the story. I think its the first one I still have.

BTW if you want to totally spoil yourself on the game, this guy has the game and is posting video's of it on his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/XvSiriusvX

lol, I watched video 1.5 and that guy can't even find his way around the menus, what a dumbass, complaining about how the buttons are in "reverse order"... wtf? Can't he read?

ah, theres not much need for my pictures anymore, is there? Well I'l post some anyway :p

When you start the game you will see this lovely title screen:

IMGP0376.jpg

Then you select your file here, starting a new file gives you the slideshow/story thing Italked about (I don't think i'm going to post that)

IMGP0366.jpg

Then you get to the place pedrocasilva posted a picture from:

mario14cq3.jpg

Here you walk around selecting where you want to play (galaxy?). All my pictures were taken from inside that green house you see in the back of that picture.

When you walk in there you select a planet and enter that.

IMGP0375.jpg

IMGP0370.jpg

Sadly they seem to have changed the "Star get!" to "You got a star" :heh:

IMGP0373.jpg

I was reading the review in this months ONM magazine and what was great about it was they said that Mario Galaxy has more in common with Mario Bros 3 than with Mario 64. This is great news for me as I rate Mario 3 higher than Mario 64.

The quality of the Wii itself on the TV screen is excellent...i wonder what settings his TV is on?

I was reading the review in this months ONM magazine and what was great about it was they said that Mario Galaxy has more in common with Mario Bros 3 than with Mario 64. This is great news for me as I rate Mario 3 higher than Mario 64.

Yeah i always kinda saw Galaxy as a cross between the two of them if i'm being honest. The smaller planets aren't simliar to the large areas in M64, but more like the pure platforming areas in SMB3.

Tbh, this game just reminds of the retro levels in mario sunshine (just lots of em :D).

...my god...

BTW if you want to totally spoil yourself on the game, this guy has the game and is posting video's of it on his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/XvSiriusvX

i hate the way that guy talks, he sounds like a cat being sucked into a hoover, but i bear it none the less...

I can't believe it's mere weeks away. I worry it will be delayed :(

Nintendo would be rather idiotic to delay there only major Christmas title. No other Wii game comes close to it (Mario and Sonic at the olympics, only putting up a fight).

It won't be delayed.

EDIT: How did that guy get his sensor bar glowing like that?

This is going to upset quite a few of you, but i'll post it anyway:

How long is it expected to last hardcore gamers?

Took me around 8 or 9 hours to complete it with 60 stars, 17-18 or so for 120. But bear in mind I'd played the demo levels to death previously and knew the first couple of hours' worth inside out before starting, so I just sped through those without having to explore too much.

The rest (of the 41 Q&A's) can be found here: http://forum.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=97213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't think that's bad at all.

I don't either as I usually play at a relaxed pace as i'm keen on exploring the surrounding areas in the game. But some will react to this with ZOMG too short, Galaxy is worse than Sunshine confirmed attitude...

This is going to upset quite a few of you, but i'll post it anyway:

It sounds quite long to me.

DON'T rush it, thats my advice. Don't play it non-stop for hours on end for example.

Anyway, i bet he was literally running through every segment.

Oh and i'm crap at games, so the harder stars will probably take me an hour each anyway, so triple that lifespan. :D

If there's any stars like the poisoned water red coins one or the pachinko machine in Sunshine it could take me a long time to get them all.

I mean, i don't think is the end of the wolrd but, six hours? i would like at least more 4 ;_;

But, yeah... it's a Super Mario game so... maybe it's not a problem at all

I'm not worried. I'll be exploring the game and looking at everything in Awe. And anyway, it will be aiming for all the stars.