NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

The time is going SO quickly that the release is almost upon us, i can't believe it.

The time is going SO quickly that the release is almost upon us, i can't believe it.

I know! It's awesome!

I cannot wait!!

Indeed, the time moving along quickly is a great thing here!!

I can't believe I'm 34 and still this excited at the prospect of a new game!

No shame in it K-Project, this game, along with the games coming in the run up to the end of the year are enough to make anyone excited! I most definately am.

Yes, there's a touch of Hyrule Field in those chugging basses. It's very heroic sounding for a Mario theme, quite epic. I love it!

Edit: Wow! That video with the orchestra is amazing too. I wonder which level/galaxy it's from? If the soundtrack maintains that level of quality we might well be looking at Koji Kondo's greatest score since Ocarina of Time!! (just listen to that section with just harp and horn - gorgeous!)

http://wii.com/jp/articles/mario-galaxy/crv/vol3/index.html#id=cv_mg-3-01-orchestra

Just one more month, you lucky bastards

I Want the Wii too ;______;

That orchastrated music was simply amazing! God this game is going to be perfect :) I mean, great mario gameplay with some of the best gaming music that Nintendo can deliver...could we ask for more?

Under a month left people!

I don't want to be lame or something but.... i think this game will be the GOTY. Unless they prefer Bioshock, or Halo 3. I doubt that. Or, unless.... Assasin's Creed. But i think this game is awesome.

Does anyone think that Mario Galaxy may be in the running for GOTY?

I don't want to be lame or something but.... i think this game will be the GOTY. Unless they prefer Bioshock, or Halo 3. I doubt that. Or, unless.... Assasin's Creed. But i think this game is awesome.

I think it has been running for the GOTY since the beggining but it probably won't make it.

GOTY will go to Halo 3 most probably, due to the random hype and sales etc. You can bet Galaxy will deserve it though, this game is going to rock. This should be the game that finally gets me back into gaming again.

That trailer! AMAZING

That music! AMAZING

GOTY will go to Halo 3 most probably, due to the random hype and sales etc. You can bet Galaxy will deserve it though, this game is going to rock. This should be the game that finally gets me back into gaming again.

And I agree with that. It will be sad.

Assassins Creed won't be game of the year, I've got a feeling that this game won't be as spectacular as everyones making it out to be. Severely overhyped game. Bioshock > Assassins Creed, so that games gone (although I could be wrong but unlikely). Galaxy has no chance of being GOTY because the graphics just don't compare to other potential winners. GOTY has to have everything, Galaxy could (and is looking to be) be perfect in everyway, but its graphics by default (while being the benchmark for Wii) just won't cut it for the GOTY judges. Then you'll have the good ol' folk that'll score the game 7.5 to 8/10 and claim its Sunshine 1.5, too easy, too short etc, recycled ideas etc... Bioshock or Halo 3 for GOTY, my moneys on Bioshock, as Halo 3, is just an upgrade of its predecessors, nothing more.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

The trailer makes the game looks so awesome

I Want to be Mario-Ghost ^^

. Then you'll have the good ol' folk that'll score the game 7.5 to 8/10 and claim its Sunshine 1.5, too easy, too short etc, recycled ideas etc... Bioshock or Halo 3 for GOTY, my moneys on Bioshock, as Halo 3, is just an upgrade of its predecessors, nothing more.

Im not sure about the Mario Sunshine 1.5 claim. Just about every preview and hands on impressions I have read have stated that this is the game to follow and evolve from Mario 64. I really do think that this has got a great chance of being GOTY.

I agree with your Assasins Creed point though, me and the lads from work were saying the exact same thing about it the other day.

Wow, i can't believe Nintendo forked out the money for an orchestrated OST. Those ain't cheap and hense why 90% of the time we get midi soundtracks.

But, its a great score and a great trailer. Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Im not sure about the Mario Sunshine 1.5 claim. Just about every preview and hands on impressions I have read have stated that this is the game to follow and evolve from Mario 64. I really do think that this has got a great chance of being GOTY.

I agree with your Assasins Creed point though, me and the lads from work were saying the exact same thing about it the other day.

Combat is my main complaint with Assasins Creed at this point (based on what i've seen), just doesn't look crash hot at all, compared to its stealth elements. Galaxy will be an out of this world experience (mind the pun), no doubt about it, it oozes Miyamoto brilliance and the fact hes directing the game, I don't need to remind anyone here of the outcome of games hes "directed", some of the greatest games ever created, period. Its Wiis best and only chance for Game of the Year 2007, and it might just be GOTY, despite its graphics (which are superb for a Wii game, considering what we've have to endure it will be the benchmark for future games), but I guess it really depends on the perspectives of the main individuals that are responsible for the final decision. Will they look at it from the perspective of direct comparison with "next gen" systems or will it be looked upon for what the console the game was made on is capable of (taking into account limitations). If the amazing gravitiy puzzle elements are a plenty in the final game along with good length and difficulty, then GOTY to Galaxy could be a good chance as you say, it sure as hell deserves it already!!! :awesome: Maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit, but hey, i've not been this excited for a game, since Ocarina of Time.

don't know if *spoiler* is playable though

Gee I wonder who you could possibly be talking about with those top notch spoiler warnings.