Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

That "Metroid is not meant for multiplayer" argument is just a poor excuse in my opinion.

YOUR MOM!

Look Metroid is about solitude with an ocasional meeting witha nother life being so you know you're not alone. The exception is Hunters. So, really, multiplayer isn't NEEDED for a Metroid game, nor should it be demanded.

If they made a great multiplayer however that would be nice :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to have a multiplayer mode. But the multiplayer I want would take a year or more to code.

To be honest I think I'll be happier with just the single-player mode now than waiting that long for the game.

i just seen an advert on the tv, on Paramount Comedy 1 (bout 00:10), hope they are also showing it at more social hours on more mainstream channels like Sky One during the Simpsons or somethings.

ad was actually quite good, showed a nice amount of gameplay ( i noticed the Wiimote in it had the "jacket" on it too)... game was being played by a fit looking woman, and from behind hairstyle much like Samus

And the single player failed because of it.

In Prime 1 I just got the ice-beam, 2 artifacts 6 health expansions and 45 missles. Just about to get Plasma.

If I try I could finish it tonight/early tomorrow.

And you started playing it today? Man, I guess I'm just not cutout for speedruns, I don't think I could possibly get that far in MP in one day. But I think that's because I couldn't play the game without scanning.

It's a fact. They made the game so that it couldn't have multiplayer... It's a design choice, not a sentiment.

Metroid could have a great multiplayer mode. It's just a case of them, so far, not making an effort to give it one. For what it is, Hunter's multiplayer isn't bad. But it's little more than a 'me too' approach than anything that would actually sit right with Prime's gameplay.

One of the stand out gameplay aspects in the Prime series has been the powerups, and the need to acquire and use them to make progress. It's what helps set it apart from your typical FPS. Building a cooperative multiplayer mode around this would be far better than just chucking in the usual deathmatch modes you find in the vast majority of FPS games - it's no wonder a lot of people continue to believe Metroid and multiplayer can't/shouldn't mix. :sad:

Truth be told, I really couldn't care less about a multiplayer Metroid. And I think we have plenty of minigames on other titles.

I just play and like Metroid... because it's Metroid: a single player adventure. I don't need to duke it out with other players. I don't like the mantra thet 'every single game needs multiplayer!' There are other games who do it better. You don't buy Metroid, expecting a multiplayer game, just like you don't buy Chromehounds on Xbox360 for it's exquisite single-player campaign.

Just a few days to go! :yay:

My orders just being processed now from Game. Wee.

Trying (and failing) to finish PGR4 before Thursday. I ended up finishing Zelda in a weekend >_>

You know what, maybe it will feature multi-player, in form of minigames. Then everybody would be happy; mulitplayer people would get their multiplayer feature, casuals would get their minigames. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Not to me it doesn't. I wouldn't be happy with a multiplayer mode like that. It needs much more thought putting into it than that.

I just play and like Metroid... because it's Metroid: a single player adventure. I don't need to duke it out with other players. I don't like the mantra thet 'every single game needs multiplayer!' There are other games who do it better. You don't buy Metroid, expecting a multiplayer game, just like you don't buy Chromehounds on Xbox360 for it's exquisite single-player campaign.

Most games don't need multiplayer, but most of them could/do benefit from having one. I think you're right that the majority aren't buying Metroid for its multiplayer, but that's mainly because it has been a weak imitation of that found and done better in other games. If they were to put more effort into it (like a separate cooperative campaign where players need to combine their individual abilities to make progress, as I suggested in my previous reply) it would be a great deal better, and possibly worth buying for its multiplayer alone for those who want that more than the single-player.

Just Ordered from Virgin for £27.

Friday will be a good day!

I'm waiting on shopto also.

Managed to catch the ad a couple of times last night , during MNF of all things , which was a surprise and my anticipation level has gone up even more notches.

What's the advert like?

Metroid could have a great multiplayer mode. It's just a case of them, so far, not making an effort to give it one. For what it is, Hunter's multiplayer isn't bad. But it's little more than a 'me too' approach than anything that would actually sit right with Prime's gameplay.
I was actually just referring to Metroid Prime 3 in this case. Hunters does the job quite well, although it's not much of a classical Metroid game anymore, and quite frankly it would've been a great game if it wasn't part of the Metroid franchise. Multiplayer is something for FPSes, and except Hunters, Metroid has never been an FPS.

Dammit taking to long to do Prime 1. I would of finished it a few hours ago if I actually saved during the artifact hunt.

I beat first Prime but forgot there was a second form so wasted most of my health.

To be honest dunno if I can be bothered doing Prime 2. Might just do the last boss or something.