Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

Guest Jordan

In my opinion, Metroid is exploration. The original NES game just let you loose in a huge world, Echoes made you stick to a path and restricted this freedom to explore. It was a major design flaw.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Metroid is exploration. The original NES game just let you loose in a huge world, Echoes made you stick to a path and restricted this freedom to explore. It was a major design flaw.

Thats the thing, this is more of a how Echoes compares to the other Metroid games.

Standalone im sure everyone can say it was fantastic.

I didn't really feel echoes was closed, you had even more areas to explore, the only gripes I have with the game is that the areas are a tad confusing and the weapons (except for the combos) are boring and unoriginal. All the hate comes from comparison to the first, that was revolutionary. But, you know, you can't do the same game twice.

You were talking about Mario Sunshine back there... Mario doesn't need a story. I think a Mario game should be pure gameplay... like a puzzle game but as a platformer... jumping from side to side... killing EVIL TURTLES and such. Very much like Sunshine's Warpzones. For me a Mario game should be more or less like that. Mario Galaxy is looking very much like that. Jumping from planet to planet... hitting turtles... etcetera.

Unlike Mario, Metroid should be more chalenging... going back and forth, sweeping the same place over and over loooking for and hidden thing, intense shooting, not too tactic, and it should have a cool story feeting it. I like the way how the story works in Metroid Prime 1. You're exploring the site, and as you explore you read what happened. Samus is space's Indiana Jones.

I don't really see how the franchise could be converted to a film.The emphasis was never really on chat, and only flying bullets (or powershots) won't be good. It needs a story and no 'In a far away galaxy lives a bounty hunter'-introduction. I think this franchise jsut doesn't fit movies. Zelda would.

Doom? ;) (10chars)

I'd like to think that corruption doesn't corrupt the Metroid series.

Me to, never played Echoes but understand what people are saying, think I remember Fusion on the GBA being alot more linear, you got little story bits and it told you where to go and there wasn't really much scope for exploration and didn't feel as good for it.

I can't play Metroid on the NES for that very reason. I don't want to spend x minutes of pretty difficult gameplay going up when in the end it turns out I'd have been better off going down, with no indication of which way to go.

CONCERNING poll results on http://www.gamespot.com:

"What are you most looking forward to in 2007?"

Halo 3 (45%) 584

Playstation 3 (31%) 408

Metroid Prime 3:Corruption (22%) 291

Will sell poorly guaranteed, regardless of whether it is one of the most groundbreaking FPS console games in years or not. They need to actually make this movie thats rumoured a reality. Spread the word of Metroid the series...

I didn't really feel echoes was closed, you had even more areas to explore, the only gripes I have with the game is that the areas are a tad confusing and the weapons (except for the combos) are boring and unoriginal. All the hate comes from comparison to the first, that was revolutionary. But, you know, you can't do the same game twice.

The ammo system annoyed me, it wasn't Metroid and didn't work well at all. Also the dark world got confusing which wasn't good. It was still a good game though.

In my opinion, Metroid is exploration.

Yeah, and as Hunters has none and what it does have sucks the game is awful. I really hope Corruption is in no way like Hunters.

CONCERNING poll results on http://www.gamespot.com:

"What are you most looking forward to in 2007?"

Halo 3 (45%) 584

Playstation 3 (31%) 408

Metroid Prime 3:Corruption (22%) 291

Will sell poorly guaranteed, regardless of whether it is one of the most groundbreaking FPS console games in years or not. They need to actually make this movie thats rumoured a reality. Spread the word of Metroid the series...

Oh come on, it was never going to do much better in a poll where the other 2 options are a brand new console that is the sequel to the best selling one ever/possibly one of the most anticipated games ever. And just to let you know, just over 1000 gamers that go to Gamespot and vote does not represent everyone...

Oh come on, it was never going to do much better in a poll where the other 2 options are a brand new console that is the sequel to the best selling one ever/possibly one of the most overrated games ever. And just to let you know, just over 1000 gamers that go to Gamespot and vote does not represent everyone...

Let him be happy. It also proves that gamespot users are retards.

Yeah, and as Hunters has none and what it does have sucks the game is awful. I really hope Corruption is in no way like Hunters.

Oh come on, it was never going to do much better in a poll where the other 2 options are a brand new console that is the sequel to the best selling one ever/possibly one of the most anticipated games ever. And just to let you know, just over 1000 gamers that go to Gamespot and vote does not represent everyone...

yeah have to agree. Also its pretty stupid to put a console in a same poll as a game which idiot decided to do this?!!!!!

Also its pretty stupid to put a console in a same poll as a game which idiot decided to do this?!!!!!

I agree, but if you think about it, that is an amazing result for MP3.

If you scale it up and convert those numbers to units sold instead of 'most anticipated' (which I realise is not an accurate way of doing things), MP3 selling two thirds as much as the PS3 would probably mean millions of units sold. Halo 3 would be a colossal hit, but MP3 would be a massive hit too.

I thought hunters was awesome. The gameplay/control system was just so perfect, and the level design was great, if not restricted as with regards to exploration.

Hunters took everything away from what makes Metroid games as special as they are

It wasn't very Metroidy, but it was sorta nice to play as Samus in an "un-Metroidy" game, if you know what I mean. It would still be awesome to have another Hunters type game on the DS, but with a better single player mode this time. I still enjoyed hunters a lot.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!