NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Was it not the 3rd trailer you say Link Transform into a wolf,the second one ended with a wolf howling at a moon and that's when the specualtion began.

Thanks Shadow you are right, I stand corrected.

First trailer will always be the best for me. Like River said, it was just out of the blue as no one was expecting it. It was as if all the Zelda fans dreams had come true. Gone were the massive oceans and colourful graphics, in its stead were LOTR type enemies with epic music and a very serious looking Link.

I really hate that people are saying fantasy fiction was made by J. R. R. Tolkien and saying the new zelda is using stuff from LotR.

I really hate that people are saying fantasy fiction was made by J. R. R. Tolkien and saying the new zelda is using stuff from LotR.

Sorry I didnt mean to upset anyone.

The LOTR films are clearly going to be used as a comparison, and they already have, purely because they were the last big fantasy thing to hit the globe. I know LOTR wasnt the first, in a way though it is a blessing in disguise that it is getting compared. Take my nephews for example, both loved the LOTR films but neither have played a Zelda before. I showed them TP video and straight after they said it looked like LOTR and they wanted to play it. So in a way Nintendo have captured an audience that enjoyed the films with the new Zelda.

Sorry I didnt mean to upset anyone.

The LOTR films are clearly going to be used as a comparison, and they already have, purely because they were the last big fantasy thing to hit the globe. I know LOTR wasnt the first, in a way though it is a blessing in disguise that it is getting compared. Take my nephews for example, both loved the LOTR films but neither have played a Zelda before. I showed them TP video and straight after they said it looked like LOTR and they wanted to play it. So in a way Nintendo have captured an audience that enjoyed the films with the new Zelda.

but surely that comparison is only due to the epic nature of the game and the way in which the first trailer was edited etc. made it look very orc-ish.

i forgot about that trailer (the 2nd one) i did indeed mean the second one though, the music starts off really moody, i think the piece was by the allman brothers or something. its hiding somewhere on my antiquated PC downstairs lol

Yeah it was the 2nd trailer where you first saw Wolf Link. The music they used for the first trailer is off Conan the Barbarian.

Was it really off Conan? Wow; you learn something new everyday :shock:

With all the talk about the trailers i decided to watch them again.

The 3rd trailer i thought was by far the best. Especially at the very end when link and the the orc are charging at each other.

I cant wait to try the mounted fighting.

Was it really off Conan? Wow; you learn something new everyday :shock:

Yea, and they used the same music for OOT trailers.

That first trailer hyped me up so much, I couldn't believe it. But after the delays all my hype is gone... I still can't wait to get it though, not long now.

I watched all the trailers again recently and the first is the best for me.

It doesn't reveal anything about the story or how the game plays. It shows off an epic world at risk by evil forces and one Hero to take on them.

The camera angles, the music, the atmosphere, familiar foes and friends and lastly the cut give it an almost film like feeling. You just want to see the game it - but even better if you can play it.

The later trailers showed more of the story, the new weapons and the gameplay - I think that's why many consider the first trailer to be the best.

The first trailer is EASILY the best, especially when you watch the audiences reactions with it :P

I like the 3rd trailer the best, in part because it has some new zelda music, and i love the zelda's main theme part.

Btw, the music of the 1st trailer is called Riddle of Steel, Riders of Doom i think, and the music of the 3rd trailer is available to download @ IGN, without the sounds from the trailer (just the clean music).

I like the first because I was really hyped up when I saw it but I also like the third because you see what some of the story is about and some more characters.

i liked all the trailers.

but the one that i liked best was the one where you first seem him transform into the wolf. its the one that starts at a castle, and then the evil things come from other dimension.

then there is link talkin to some people, then he running through a forest with a lantern. eventually stopping, falling to his knees, screaming (as he does), and turning into a wolf. i think i can still watch this bit, and get excited in a big way. the trailer REALLY builds up to something.. and then delivers

i liked all the trailers.

but the one that i liked best was the one where you first seem him transform into the wolf. its the one that starts at a castle, and then the evil things come from other dimension.

then there is link talkin to some people, then he running through a forest with a lantern. eventually stopping, falling to his knees, screaming (as he does), and turning into a wolf. i think i can still watch this bit, and get excited in a big way. the trailer REALLY builds up to something.. and then delivers

thats the one that piece of musics from, and its also my favorite trailer too.

is anyone buying the cube version?

Yup and also the Wii version, in fact I think many on here are buying both.

I don't really see the point to tell you the truth. Anyway, instead of buying that, i can buy an extra DS game (lie Castlevania or something).

Some people I know are buying the Cube version, but it's mainly due to the fact that they aren't buying the Wii at launch and are waiting till next summer.

I´ll stick with the cube for a while longer, there are still a another few games I want to play which probably will drop in price when the wii launches.

Why both? If you want to play it in both ways, why don't you buy one of them, preferably the improved Wii version, and just rent the other?

I have a worry that the wii version's aiming with the bow might be a bit dodgy (people complained when using it in the demo). Hopefully you'll still be able to lock on and aim with the bow as per normal.

I have a worry that the wii version's aiming with the bow might be a bit dodgy (people complained when using it in the demo). Hopefully you'll still be able to lock on and aim with the bow as per normal.

Yeah I have the same fear, because they've made the aiming like they did with red Steel and metroid, where you can aim pixel perfect in a certain area (metroid and RS had a big box but Zelda had a circle think), but if you want to aim out of the circle, you point the controller out of the area. The problem with this was that you'd always end up moving too far to one side, and hence the complaints. My dad played on it at E3 and said it was annoying, even the hookshot which seemed better.

The good news however is that they've fixed RS and metroid, so I'm guessing they'll either be a lock-on feature in this game or that you'll always aim at the centre of the screen when you're aiming with the bow.

It's the controls that are making me want the Wii version, but it's also the controls that are making me consider the GC version (if ya get me ;))

Don't worry, they still have a lot of time to tweak everything. And Twilight Princess was probably almost complete by the time of E3 2006. The last delays were not because of the need time to complete the game, but because they want to match it with the release of Wii for obvious reasons.

They won't screw up the controls on such a big name title (i hope).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Welcome back by the way. :grin: