N-Europe

E3 + RevoEurope = Overload?

system_error

Hey,

I am not sure on what machines RevoEurope is running but I assume that during the E3 conferences - especially the Nintendo one there might be serious loading problems in the forum and on the main site.

Would it be a bad idea to turn off the forums for about the time the E3 conference runs? A moderator/administrator could afterwards make a sticky discussion thread with all the new information and maybe one for videos/pictures.

That would save much time for deleting and moving threads because I guess after every bit of information someone will start a new thread.

I prefer watching the conference live and then discuss afterwards so I would not mind if the forum is turned off for some time. Also I think that the mainpage should just feature the E3 news and nothing more do decrease bandwith issues. Might help to keep RevoEurope up and running without a downtime. I don't want to say that RevEurope can't handle the traffic but many other even bigger sites have serious issues during E3.

Bad idea?

Guest Jordan

Hopefully we shouldn't have much trouble. If huge news happens (which is obviously going to) the site might run slow and may go offline for a small period of time.

Don't worry about it too much, its our concern. :)

Thats what I was thinking. After the red steel thread fiasco who knows how crowded this site will get?

There should be more than one thread for all the discussions. There will be indivdual game threads when the news comes out. Smash Bros Wii for example.

I think there needs to be an organised system.. a thread per game for sure.. because everyone is going to want to discuss each game specifically.

I'll probably go elsewhere for my news, no offense but I like the variety of style and humour that the blogosphere brings.

Guest Jordan

We are actually looking into this "Mod's only posting" after you guys raised it the suggestion.

Good idea.

Something must be done because there will probably be 5 threads on the same game when it's announced to the mods will have their work cut out for them so only mods posting will be good.If you need anyhelp just say i'll be on ;)

We are actually looking into this "Mod's only posting" after you guys raised it the suggestion.

Good idea.

I reckon go with it. Makes sense really. But just bear in mind once ye unlock the forums there will be a surge of threads all with the same theme.

Good idea.

Im all for this idea as there is nothing worse than loads of topics that all say the same thing. Once everything is announced just reopen the topics for people to discuss.I got my holiday off work booked for Tuesday. Tick tock people.

I've asked this before, but is there any possibility to have a special E3 subforum opened? I mean, it's going to flooded here with tens of 'OMG REGGIE LOOKZ SO HOT IN THAT PANTS' topics and that sort of thing during and after the conference so maybe we need a subforum in which we can all work off the hype.

What Jordan meant was that only mods would be allowed to make new threads, anyone can post in those threads otherwise there's no point in having them. It would just make the boards much easier to look through and there wouldn't be a hundred "omg!!11! zelda wii is a morpg!!1111!!!" type threads popping up. There will probably be a "New Game" thread as well so you can talk about newly announced games that don't have a thread, a new thread can be made for it later....

What Jordan meant was that only mods would be allowed to make new threads, anyone can post in those threads otherwise there's no point in having them. It would just make the boards much easier to look through and there wouldn't be a hundred "omg!!11! zelda wii is a morpg!!1111!!!" type threads popping up. There will probably be a "New Game" thread as well so you can talk about newly announced games that don't have a thread, a new thread can be made for it later....

Ah sounds good. Let the power of the Mods be unleashed for E3!

Great idea! Then what we see is 100% accurate etc...

It will just be more organised as well.

:grin:

I agree; mods should be in charge of making threads, and we plebs can do the rest.

Always annoying to be reading one thread, and then going back to the main page, and a further 20 have been made, bumping a lot onto further pages.