Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros Melee

Im sick and tired of that stupid move my friend does.

He gets his kirby to stand on the edge suck someone in, drop of and let them go and die while he'll just float up!

Its quite easy to kill him but when you got other players to fight its hard to get him out of the way.

Anyone else use that technique?

You can get out of that I believe :P

Also, Ken is my god. He's become like the mascot for smash in competitive gaming in america in the MLG tournies, and he's so much cooler than those Halo 2 guys. Shame they haven't signed him up though, cos some Halo 2 guys got signed up and earn $250,000 a year if they do well, yet Ken ALWAYS wins the big tournies (nerves of steel he has).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get out of that I believe :P

Also, Ken is my god. He's become like the mascot for smash in competitive gaming in america in the MLG tournies, and he's so much cooler than those Halo 2 guys. Shame they haven't signed him up though, cos some Halo 2 guys got signed up and earn $250,000 a year if they do well, yet Ken ALWAYS wins the big tournies (nerves of steel he has).

if you try to struggle out of it, you will fall down faster. so, the best thing to do is accept the inevitable, and try to take the kirby scum down with you.,

if you try to struggle out of it, you will fall down faster. so, the best thing to do is accept the inevitable, and try to take the kirby scum down with you.,

You speak the truth, if you struggle in midair, you effectively spike yourself. Your best bet is to struggle immediately and quickly or better yet AVOID THE STUPENDOUSLY OBVIOUS ATTACK.

You speak the truth, if you struggle in midair, you effectively spike yourself. Your best bet is to struggle immediately and quickly or better yet AVOID THE STUPENDOUSLY OBVIOUS ATTACK.

Exactly! You have to be the biggest idiot in the world to be hit by hit.

• 3 weeks later...
wavedashing isnt required to master a character, but it really depends on who your using, for example wding with fox is a key part of using his full potential, but wding with peach has almost no use at all, since she hardly moves at all. also, ken does wavedash, but only rarely, but almost every other pro uses it, along with c-stick.

I think you've got it wrong. The only way I can win a match with Bowser is by wavedashing. Or most slow characters, really. It helps to get around. But I spend alot of time practicing. Getting any good at wavedashing takes alot of time and more patience then most people have in their little finger. I, however, have the odd capacity to be bored at almost any time, so...Lots of practice time.

Also, I believe there's a decent video out there demonstrating some good moves... Here it is.

Anyway, my favorite tip is crouching. You get knocked back a lot less if you simply crouch.

Oh, and if you can't use charge smash because your opponents would see it coming, doesn't that mean you can't use homerun bats or falcon punch either? Also, you can charge with the c-stick. Just press the c-stick, hold it and quickly press z. May take a few tries.

i really don't like this game as much as others do.I love the idea of pitting nintendo characters against each other but the gamesplay has more or less no skill to it in my opinion.

but my tip would be!Use kirby and keep jumping and using his down+b block move.

So effective its not funny!

Hey...What kinda rules do people usually play on anyway; me n all my mates usually do a 4-5 Life match with unlimited time, all items, 4P.

I usually play it exacly like you 5 life all items (medium frequency) free for all 4P. We eventually do 2 vs 2.

On smash 64 i played like 20 life match 2 VS 2 with the items in the maxim setting.

That move is sooo slow and so obvious no one can't even use it. No one i play with falls for it.

i really don't like this game as much as others do.I love the idea of pitting nintendo characters against each other but the gamesplay has more or less no skill to it in my opinion.

Wow...You really know NOTHING about Smash Bros. That move of Kirby's is crap, like most of his other moves...he really needs impoving for the next one.

No skill??.....Are you insane??...Have you even played this game??

What kind of people do you usually play against? Complete retards I suspect. You seriously have no idea of how to play smash properly because you just said that smash has "more or less no skill to it". FYI smash is one of the most skill based fighters out there on any system.

Anyway for 1on1s I usually play 4 stock no items (becomes skill based) or for when there's 4 of us we play 2on2 with 4 stock and sometimes items (if we're playing fd, we usually take off thee red shell).

JammyJu, haha funny story - listen to this one: in the N64 one when I used to play with my sister, her favourite character was Yoshi and she would stand at the side and eat people then lay them off the side and into oblivion!

My sister used to do that as well. I wonder if its a sister thing.

SOOOO, boring. 4 player all items mayhem FTW.

Playing without items is like playing a half assed strange fighter with nintendo characters. Playing with items is like playing SMASH bros.

I would have to agree with Goron3. 1 on 1 with no items but 4 player is also really fun if you pick random characters and battle it out.

SOOOO, boring. 4 player all items mayhem FTW.

Playing without items is like playing a half assed strange fighter with nintendo characters. Playing with items is like playing SMASH bros.

Have ever watched a proper 1 on 1 match with an audience watching? At the OC2 tourny (World Championship of Smash) that took place a few days ago, you'd have to be blind to say 1 on 1 was boring! The tension was unbelievable!