N-Europe

Pilotwiings

Hellfire

http://capnsmak.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6981379&publicUserId=4561231

So, this more or less confirms that pilotwings is being made. I know there was another thread, but the search function isn't working.

"And that's where the Revolution comes in. It's Nintendo's big effort to get rid of that barrier and to create something that everyone can enjoy. Microsoft's been talking about how the industry needs to reach 1 billion gamers, and as far as I can see their best efforts have been Bejewled and Zuma on Xbox Live Arcade. Sure, not everything companies do on the Revolution will be great (honestly, I've tried playing an FPS on it and I don't find it an improvement over today's controllers), but there will be some games that really show the universal appeal of the console. Friends of mine tell me Pilotwings is absolutely perfect - it's something anyone can pick up and enjoy. Nintendo's changing all of the rules - they've created an experience anyone can enjoy. They've created a system for everyone."

This game seems to be totally over-rated.

It's a freaking flying game? How good can it really be..

I did play the original Pilot Wings and it was fantastic, especially the penguin diving!!! The reason it was so much fun was it was the only decent flying game around. The only other one was a newly emerging flight simulator on PC's which was as dull as dull can be!

Nintendork why are you so negative all the time? Have you played it? I'm guessing from you 'How good can it really be' comment means no - WELL THEN DON'T COMMENT THAT THE GAME 'SEEMS TO BE OVERRATED'. Have an opinion by all means but word it in a better way, please!!

As a sidenote this is a very obvious choice for a launch game. Ive played both the snes and N64 versions extensively and must say that its one of my favourite franchises - cant wait for this!!.

Funny how no-one has commented on the quote saying that it didnt seem to be particularly good. I cant see how its not amazing but I guess we'll see!

Never really got into Pilot-wings. Played the N64 version round a old mates house but it didn't do alot to me...found it slightly confusing actually, perhaps it's because i didn't have enough time with it.

Dazzybee, I stand by my statement with regard to all flight simulators really.

I'll check this title out because as you say.. I've not played the others.

But I'm not alone in thinking that this title seems a little over-rated. The gameplay on it must truely make up for it being such a simple concept.

Maybe back in the day it seemed better, but I'm not sure the title could stand up on it's own in a modern game market.

Endorsements from the likes of Red Bull would do wonders though :P I think they'll have contracts with the WipeOut team in Liverpool though.

I think my language was totally acceptable in that post, and I'm not the only one who feels this way ^

I'll download the .rom and check it out and report back.. I want to see what all the fuss is about tbh.

Yawn, I am not pessimistic.

If you asked me that glass half full or half empty bullshit I would just say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

iBeer721.jpg

I played the rom, I might go back to it if I can get the frame rate up a little from tweaking the settings.. it's nothing amazing but back in the day I'm sure this was quite a nice experience- not something with a lot of life but I'll admit, it's quite fun crashing my glider into the ground at 80kmph

Yawn, I am not pessimistic.

If you asked me that glass half full or half empty bullshit I would just say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

HAHAHA. You are one of a kind Ndork. You may not be pessimistic but you sure like to complain a lot.

How to descibe Pilotwings? It's basically a flight simulator that's actually very, very fun. Super Smash Bros fun. Diving into a pool of champaigne with a stark naked Natilie Portman from an alternate reality who hadn't actually done Star Wars fun. A pool suspended from a giant HANG GLIDER. A hang glider that smells like gentle lavender and comes with super-fast broadband access. And a giant laser turret. God, I want a new Pilotwings so damn badly. FUN!

How can you say a game is overrated because it is simplstic - is Tetris crap? How about MArio Kart?

And also, how is a game that involves skydiving, spring boots, rocket packs, gliders, attacks against mechas etc etc be deemed as simplistic. And yes, Pilotwings was a great game for its time, not many games do stand up now. But whats wrong with that? If Pilotwings on Wii is as good for its time as the others then we're in for a very special game indeed!!