N-Europe

Motion Sensor Also in Nunchuck Attachement?

Calibur

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remembers those Swatch watches which recharged the battery through moving your arm while wearing it? Couldn't Nintendo have done the same thing?

That's a great idea.

I remember a report on TV about a flashlight, if you shook it I think one or two minutes it would give light for about ten. Sure the FHC needs more energy than a normal flashlight but it would cover up some of it and I saw the report two or three years ago.

I'm really glad Nintendo added motion sensing in the nun-chuck, now we can control the sword with the FHC and the shield with the nun-chuck in Zelda :)

Sounds cool, but how would the fit it all in?- The nunchuck is quite small.

maybe in the dev kit controllers (the ones connected by ethernet type connector) there is no rumble in the nunchuck and it has just gyro and circuits etc.....

but maybe in the final release they have the circuits in the part that plugs into the revmote (the strange large plug) to allow the rumble and gyro things to fit into the nunchuck? prob a stupid suggestion so no flaming please ::shrug:

revolutioncontrollersmowza2yl.jpg

Yeah, thing is.. this nunchuka has 2 buttons, and one analog stick with no click function (judging Nintendo's history and design principle).

Let us presume that the chipset and any gadgetry is in the little box that clips into the FHC port.

revolution_controller3b.jpg

With a battery, chipsets and wireless equpiment in the FHC it's going to feel incredibly unbalanced.

Which leads me to the conclusion that something must be added to the nunchuka to weigh it down.. and if we're going to weigh it down it might as well be functional.

Add an extra dimension with an extra gyro-whatever-majiga

Yeah, thing is.. this nunchuka has 2 buttons, and one analog stick with no click function (judging Nintendo's history and design principle).

Let us presume that the chipset and any gadgetry is in the little box that clips into the FHC port.

With a battery, chipsets and wireless equpiment in the FHC it's going to feel incredibly unbalanced.

Which leads me to the conclusion that something must be added to the nunchuka to weigh it down.. and if we're going to weigh it down it might as well be functional.

Add an extra dimension with an extra gyro-whatever-majiga

I doubt the FHC, except for the rumble, needs more material than a regular TV remote. After all, it's the sensor on the TV doing the sensing. As the FHC will be used without the nunchuck half the time, it has to be balanced on itself.

this is all cool and all, but I imagine it would be rather difficult controlling the FHC(+buttons), the analogue stick in the nunchucka(+buttons) and the gyro of the nunchuka.
I don't think the nunchuck would be used for that all that much. It should be pretty convenient for camera controll and such (in combination with pressing a button).

yeah and like the person who was talking about a true 1st person lightsabre experience.. isn't Red Steel supposed to involve using a katana as well as guns? imagine wielding both a sword and a gun with both of them allowing you to turn and look up and down? this is too cool once you think about it.. you could keep hacking away at people in front and then swing around with the nunchuck add on and blast away any enemies skulking behind you! this makes sooo much sense now it's got to be the final secret...

On the Madden game interview over at IGN, the EA rep says outright that the Nunchuck has an 'accelerometer' in it.

I really don't think this can be the third big secret. Nintendo would no way let any developer reveal that information before E3.

EDIT: Link for the lazy...

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703727p2.html

Quote for the very lazy...

IGN Wii: Does you use the trigger buttons on the nunchuck unit?

John Schappert: You know, the buttons are all still being mapped out. It does use the trigger buttons right now. I don't know how much we'll have locked in for you at E3 because we are still working on the final button layout, but it does use the trigger buttons, and it does use the accelerometer in the nunchuck unit as well for juking.

Well I'll tell you what! I have told you all in the past that you wouldn't be so excited with the 3rd secret!

That's because I knew about those funtions in the nunchuck and thought that this was the said 3rd secret. But now to tell you the truth I don't know, I don't now if there's something more.

The analog controller is connected to the FHC so that it doesn't need a transmitter. That means that it will use less power, and more importantly it also means that you use less of the available RF-bandwidth.

If you only have the bandwidth for, let's say 7 devices*, you can either use 4 FHCs and 3 analog controllers, or, with the wired analog controller, up to 7 FHC+analog controllers.

BTW : I really HATE that everybody calls the analog controller the Nunchuck attachment. The analog controller, when attached to the FHC, gives THE WHOLE some resemblance to a nunchuck (and not a great one at that), the analog controller on its own is just that : an analog controller. I guess we have IGN to thank for this.

* 8 devices is the limit for bluetooth, but as the base station is a device itself, you're left with 7 devices - note:I'm not claiming Wii uses bluetooth, it's just an example.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!