N-Europe

Are you happy with your life?

Guest Jordan

Hmm, at the moment, life's not so great.

I'm in my first year of Uni, and am really struggling in the biological subjects. Not sure if I should even be at Uni.

My parents are divorced, have been for 15 or so years, quite fantastic really. Had one screwed over upbringing because of it. Dad tried really hard, mother dearest just didn't seem to care.

Have a couple of assignments to do, still have a couple of weeks, but meh.

And now I have learned that mother dearest has a 'boyfriend'. And I am to meet the basterd on Saturday.

Perhaps I should give mother dearest a shock and tell her that I have a boyfriend. See how she handles that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One silver Twilight Award and my re-edited and re-posted gold award for anyone else who's read my post :grin: and if you have read both then cut and paste both, print out and give yourself a pat on the back / thumbs up : peace: or an equal metaphorical form of celebration. :yay:::shrug:

TwilightLinkpostaward.jpg

S.jpg

Anyone else read either of the aforementioned two posts? if so, grab an award before this title inevitably sinks even further down the topics list and into the void of the second page where no topic ever returns from... ever... probably... ::shrug:

Not exactly what I meant.

No but I thought I'd spice it up.

Perhaps I should give mother dearest a shock and tell her that I have a boyfriend. See how she handles that.

Do it man! You won't regret it. In fact why just tell her, show her. I'll be round in 5 minutes.

Everything is fairly groovy kids. Don't worry.

My uni first year has come to a close this week- the longest holiday known to man has commenced and i am amongst good friends here, the weather is fine and I think my exams went alright.

but uni has been a strange transition for me. it's been a enjoyable one for the most part but I'm still not as comfortable with people here as I am at home. In Sheffied I have friends who I have known for years and years- it's been occasionally difficult to find my footing here.

but uni has been a strange transition for me. it's been a enjoyable one for the most part but I'm still not as comfortable with people here as I am at home. In Sheffied I have friends who I have known for years and years- it's been occasionally difficult to find my footing here.

That's the only thing that's worrying me about Uni. At school you build up your friendships over years. At uni you have one year in halls (possibly) then you have to move into a flat with people you've only known for a year.

That's the only thing that's worrying me about Uni. At school you build up your friendships over years. At uni you have one year in halls (possibly) then you have to move into a flat with people you've only known for a year.

Which is why I thought of going to Brum and then getting a flat in my town in the second year with friends but im going with my intial idea of Derby.

Am i happy with my life...Yes and no.

Im in a dead end job, have to talk to doc about the possibility of me having arthritus (at the age of 19!) and im single.

But i know that things could be a lot worse, so imma keep on the positive in life :)

Hmm I'm about the same at the moment (read my overly long post for way too much detail lol) but yeah, my job = Tesco's, nuff said really, dk about arthritus though, although sometimes I get really bad aches and pains in my joints, but still, yeah the possibility of you having arthritus at an early age sucks :sad: I hope things turn out ok for you and that your in the all clear :smile:

I guess you are right though, things could be a lot worse, I try and think like that also and I'm 20 and single, 21 in June *sigh* (I find the notion of turning 21 with my life how it is a little daunting :hmm: ) but yeah, anyways positive thoughts are always good. :grin:

yeah, that was a long wait from my side.

at most times of my life i'd say i'm not happy. but now i am.

i'm a man that says you can't buy happiness, but now i'm not quite sure anymore: i got a ds lite, a new bass + a wonderful amp; it makes me happy.

yeah i know i'm the typical member of the consumer society.

but there are other things: the end of my forced labour (also known as civilian service) is in sight (only 5 months more), then i'm gonna go to college. i have a lot of friends right now that like me (i'm grateful because i know from my own experience that this isn't a must) and enough free time to share it with them. i play in 4 bands and now's the time coming where there are gigs, and they're going well.

yeah, so i suppose i'm happy. at least right now. because i know that things can change so sudden.

Hmm I'm about the same at the moment (read my overly long post for way too much detail lol) but yeah, my job = Tesco's, nuff said really, dk about arthritus though, although sometimes I get really bad aches and pains in my joints, but still, yeah the possibility of you having arthritus at an early age sucks :sad: I hope things turn out ok for you and that your in the all clear :smile:

I guess you are right though, things could be a lot worse, I try and think like that also and I'm 20 and single, 21 in June *sigh* (I find the notion of turning 21 with my life how it is a little daunting :hmm: ) but yeah, anyways positive thoughts are always good. :grin:

Yeah, found out ill be given treatment to slow down the cell growth (same thing cancer patients get) so i might end up losing my hair, gettin liver failure or something nasty like that. Its not a normal arthritus, its one thats caused through a skin condition (psoriatic arthritus) But, i think myself lucky i havent actually got cancer, and i will live through it.

And if you are having "aches" at your ages you should really see a doctor, my skin doc said that its not normal for people our age to be gettin stuff like that.

2 million people in this world cannot read or write. Of course i'm happy.

I love you.

I think everyone should do a really shit manual labour job.. making something in a factory or something repetitive.

Every day you can wake up in whatever job you have and say- at least I'm not doing that.

I did cleaning for a few months, it paid suprisingly well but it was a pretty disgusting job.. I intend to work in construction for a short period of time, maybe as a wedding photographer and most definitely in a packaging factory or simple production factory work.

Raining again, that's weird man.. the Doctor thinks I have arthritis at young age too, went to my first physio session today and I'm starting intensive rebuilding next week.. had blood tests but I'm waiting for the results on the rheumatoid- you're not alone dude. I think it's more structural than muscular.. the NHS is pretty good, they'll fix you up.

My life is mixed at the moment, somedays can be awsome, others i just snap at people and become ratty, some of this is proboly those days i feel fat and need to loose some weight while others it doesnt bother me so much, theres stuff going on at home which is kinda gay but it should sort its self out during time. I have alot of freinds, not too many i would call close but i have a enough to be happy with.

It's wierd though, sometimes i feel i dont want to grow up and i feel i try to play video games to bring back my child hood as some of the best memoires i have was from the N64 era.

Ah well, ups and downs,Something i have to look forward too is im 18 in 24 Days :)

It's wierd though, sometimes i feel i dont want to grow up and i feel i try to play video games to bring back my child hood as some of the best memoires i have was from the N64 era.

Ah well, ups and downs,Something i have to look forward too is im 18 in 24 Days :)

Ive done that a few times. I also dug out my old Hero Turtle and Street Shark figures a couple years back. Its perfectly normal to want to remember a time when everything was simpler. I know I have and we sure as shit cant be the only ones.

How many of yous have "friends" that only talk to you when they want something?

Right now this is the only thing getting at me in life, well and some family matters. But this one girl who thinks friends are for her utilisation and that only, has been screwing at us cos we only visited her once at uni - when the damn cow hasn't even visited me once and she's been in my area a hell of a lot more then i've been in hers. Silly bitch is going to get a backhand....and even when i went to the cow's uni (me and a few mates bombed her room for a week plus) we didnt have a single convo and actually didn't even chat to each other. People like that piss me off, cos she's in love with her ex who's my best mate...and the only time she chooses to chat to me is when she wants to cry and pretend that the world's out to get her and bitch about my mate (of 14+ years). This and another few friend's has me seething at the teeth with a red evil aura that seems to linger close to me at all times.