N-Europe

The not so Royal mail

Nintenchris

Right i have had it up th here with the Royal mail and there crap service.. and there latest blunder is the final straw. I orderd Tetris DS last week which Gameplay sent 1st class on thursday... and its still not here :mad:

If the games werent more expencive in stores i wouldnt bother with online anymore!

I bet im not the only one get gets the worst sevice possible from them either!

Thanks Royal mail youve screwed up once again!

Yeah, Royal Mail is fucked up.

But there is one good thing about it, you can get away with claiming stuff never arrived. I've had a fair few free games that way. Mind you, I've had stuff lost too, but overall I think I've come out on top.

Make it work for you.

Well... what can I say. I've lost any respect for the service I initially had. Turning up at 1 in the afternoon to deliver my mail. What happened to the times they'd get it to you at 7 in the morning without fail?

Tell me about it, it happened when they scrapped second deliveries.

I used to work for the post office many moons ago, and it was a bastard getting up at 2 in the morniing to get those deliveries out. These days the posties just slack off.

Well... what can I say. I've lost any respect for the service I initially had. Turning up at 1 in the afternoon to deliver my mail. What happened to the times they'd get it to you at 7 in the morning without fail?

Yeah thats what im on about... the same thing happens round here all the time ... the latest they have ever been is about 3 in the afternoon :mad:

Anyway i have filled out a claim form ... signed and scaned it and sent it to Gameplay... so i should get a copy of Tetris DS some time soon i hope!

If it was sent out thursday, its got 5 working days before they can claim off the royal mail for any losses, so chances are it'll be processed tomorrow for you.;)

I live about 5 mins from gameplay and the royal mail's depot and when my copy of animal crossing arrived, there was a big tear in the package as if somebody had opened it up to see whether there was anything worth stealing....theres no chance the packaging could have got damaged when i live right on their doorstep. It was then enclosed in a royal mail bag saying that my item had been 'damaged' on its way to me and that they were really really sorry.....

Tell me about it, it happened when they scrapped second deliveries.

I used to work for the post office many moons ago, and it was a bastard getting up at 2 in the morniing to get those deliveries out. These days the posties just slack off.

Ah right that's why. I think there are other companies being introduced trying to set up services similar to Royal mail, i'm not talking about about the express delivery services either. Can't remember who it was, may have been Virgin as they're taking over everything else.

One thing that pisses me off about Royal Mail is their attempted delivery crap, try tomorrow!! Numerous times I've had to ride to the main office to collect. It's not so bad that it's fairly close [5-10 bike ride]but still an inconvinience.

One thing which angered me so was that the only thing they didn't leave me an attempted delivery thing for was the MD player I ordered many moons ago. They leave the most expensive thing I ordered from Amazon on my doorstep, where anyone could've nabbed it, but quibble over £30?

One thing that pisses me off about Royal Mail is their attempted delivery crap, try tomorrow!! Numerous times I've had to ride to the main office to collect. It's not so bad that it's fairly close [5-10 bike ride]but still an inconvinience.

One thing which angered me so was that the only thing they didn't leave me an attempted delivery thing for was the MD player I ordered many moons ago. They leave the most expensive thing I ordered from Amazon on my doorstep, where anyone could've nabbed it, but quibble over £30?

I know what you mean, every time they leave me an attempted delivery card I can never get through to the sorting office.

The worst thing about it though is I'm always in when they 'attempt' delivery. They obviously aren't trying hard enough to deliver, like knocking on the door if it won't fit through the letter box.

Have to agree with you all.

Either a parcel turns up late, or damaged, or at 2pm (when 90% of the population are out at work). I have to pay an extra fee on top of it when i go to collect it.The mail turns up in the afternoon, and birthday cards are often looted for swag.

Saying that, the new local posite is alright. He seems to care about the service, Its just the shame the rest aren't like that. I would wholeheartedly agree with putting it in governmental control. Service, not profit.

Best comic ever!

I absolutly hate Royal Mail/ParcelForce, I've had nothing but trouble with them.

I ordered a Freeloader, Skies of Arcadia (US ver) and Nintendo Puzzle Collection from Play-asia for $73 and I got hit by a £30 import tax!!! (WTF! :cry:)

They take ages with all my deliveries (sometimes 2 or 3 days after it arrives in UK) and always deliver it in the afternoon when I'm out. They are the reason why I try to avoid buying (UK) games online as I just cannot stand the wait.

Another problem I had with customs [not really Royal Mail] was that I got some Megatokyo shizzle, charged me £17 import, also charged me a tenner for Master Quest. But I'm not sure if that's Royal Mails fault.

Props to videogamesplus.ca who slammed $20 CA on our DS's :D

I've lost count of the amount of times i've had expensive packages just dumped outside the door. The problem with my house is that I live in a pub, so when the pub is shut (before 12pm which is when most stuff is delivered), there is no doorbell for the postie to ring. Instead of leaving one of those "You weren't home! Come to our distribution center and get your package! lol!" notes, half the time they just dump it and run.

I think the worst was when I bought a £200+ MP3 player from Amazon which Royal Mail just dumped inside the garage, when the doors were wide open. The parcel was also fucked up and dented.

Royal Fail.

I have no problem what so ever with royal mail! I always get things on time and can't remember a time when anything was damaged!

The fact that my collection point for when I'm not home is only a 5 minute drive away also helps, because it means I can easily nip in there with out much hassle!

Guess you guys are just unlucky - or maybe I'm very lucky, benefits of living in the country perhaps (dunno where the rest of you guys live, can't be arsed to check)!

They are not legally obliged to get it to you any time before 6 PM. So if arrives at 17:59 you cant really complain. Sucks I know. I get my mail around half eleven with the usual post lady, later if they send out the replacement (sometimes around 2).