N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Tony Hawk's will have an imitation of a balance board, yet won't be on Wii, where there's already a balance board. Great stuff.

That trioxide thing doesn't make any sense either.

Why would they release a balance board for the wii when there's already one...We'll get a skate boarding game that uses the wii functions, just it'll probably slightly dumbed down.

Why would they release a balance board for the wii when there's already one...We'll get a skate boarding game that uses the wii functions, just it'll probably slightly dumbed down.

I'm talking about the fact that they're not making the game not the board.

Activision games:

Tony Hawk game with balance board ripoff PS3/360

Powers & Titans 360/PS3

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Wii/DS

Gossip Girl Wii/DS

Spiderman Agile Warrior (Wii Balance Board)

Spiderman Hero Evolved 360/PS3/Wii

You Don't Know Jack! Wii

Transformers 2 360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS

Wii Yoga

Sam & Max Season 1 Wii

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS

Mensa Workout Wii

Bill Nye Science Lab Wii

Animal Planet Emergency Vet Wii/DS

Cabela's Extreme Outdoors Wii

Jillian Michaels Fitness Bootcamp Wii

Spiderman & X-Men 360/PS3/

Spiderman v.s. Marvel Zombies 360/PS3/

Ultimate Band 360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS

Sega/Silicon Knights Game

The Crucible: The Evil 360/PS3

That video shows a game with great potential but also a great amount og genericness :/ I know it's early days though... and why call it "The Crucible : the Evil" it's like they couldnt make up their minds. :indeed:

They should just call it "Crucible" Imo as it's more to the point.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Wii/DS

Gossip Girl Wii/DS

Mensa Workout Wii

Bill Nye Science Lab Wii

Animal Planet Emergency Vet Wii/DS

Cabela's Extreme Outdoors Wii

Jillian Michaels Fitness Bootcamp Wii

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Wait. No Balance Board Tony Hawk's on Wii, but there is on PS3 and 360... and there's a Balance Board Spider-Man? Did someone just divide by zero at Activision?

Touch sensitive guitar sounds great... but the avatars? Couldn't they wait until their next, hopefully hardware-failure-free, console to rip off Miis? Well at least we haven't seen that godawful cylinder.

Wait. No Balance Board Tony Hawk's on Wii, but there is on PS3 and 360... and there's a Balance Board Spider-Man? Did someone just divide by zero at Activision?

Touch sensitive guitar sounds great... but the avatars? Couldn't they wait until their next, hopefully hardware-failure-free, console to rip off Miis? Well at least we haven't seen that godawful cylinder.

Nintendo weren't the first people to do an avatar of yourself. This is more a rip-off of PS3 HOME than the Mii as there are far more customizable options for it.

Nintendo weren't the first people to do an avatar of yourself. This is more a rip-off of PS3 HOME than the Mii as there are far more customizable options for it.

Like Stefkov said, they've got a perfectly good gamertag service which they've suddenly decided to change quite a way into the 360's lifespan. So yeah, it's been spurred on by Miis or Home.

Really looking forward to Dead Space atm, it looks intense.

Also: Has anyone played Dark Sector? Is it worth getting?

I heard it was a good game, but not great. The brain-controlled boomerang-saw thing looked wicked though.

Mah gamerscore...It's...It's OVER NINETHOUSAAAAAND! :eek:

No, I don't really care about the numbers, but achievements are fun to get.

check out Jordan's.

King+of+Fun+UK.png

At a "strategy level" Microsoft wants to be first to the market again with its next-generation Xbox, Entertainment & Device Devision boss Robbie Bach has said.

Speaking during an interview with Venture Beat, Bach said that if you asked him whether being first to market with Xbox 360 was the right decision, he'd say "definitely yes," and the platform holder has a desire to do it again with the next console.

"The last cycle for the original Xbox was a little shorter than typical (at four years). We started way late," he said. "If you take the question of whether it was the right thing to try to be first [with Xbox 360], the answer to that is definitely yes. It has given us a leg up in a number of places that are super important.

"It has given us a leg up with game developers. It has given us a leg up from an economics perspective. It helped us expand Xbox Live quickly. At a strategy level, if you asked if we wanted to be first again, I would say yes."

But the E&DD boss said it was "too early to tell" when quizzed on his expectation for the next console's release plans. "Our view is we will be selling Xbox 360 for a long time," he said.

"People ask me how many people I have working on the next generation. On the one hand, it's everybody. On the other, it's nobody. People are continuously working on new technology.

"We start thinking about the next generation before we shipped the Xbox 360," Bach continued. "It doesn't start with a date. It starts way upstream with silicon development.

"From that comes a series of data points. You start making early technology choices. It's an evolving thing. Stuff doesn't become concrete until you get inside a window of when you have to ship, more than 18 months or so out."

If we see anything before 2010, we'll be very surprised.

check out Jordan's.

King+of+Fun+UK.png

At a "strategy level" Microsoft wants to be first to the market again with its next-generation Xbox, Entertainment & Device Devision boss Robbie Bach has said.

Speaking during an interview with Venture Beat, Bach said that if you asked him whether being first to market with Xbox 360 was the right decision, he'd say "definitely yes," and the platform holder has a desire to do it again with the next console.

"The last cycle for the original Xbox was a little shorter than typical (at four years). We started way late," he said. "If you take the question of whether it was the right thing to try to be first [with Xbox 360], the answer to that is definitely yes. It has given us a leg up in a number of places that are super important.

"It has given us a leg up with game developers. It has given us a leg up from an economics perspective. It helped us expand Xbox Live quickly. At a strategy level, if you asked if we wanted to be first again, I would say yes."

But the E&DD boss said it was "too early to tell" when quizzed on his expectation for the next console's release plans. "Our view is we will be selling Xbox 360 for a long time," he said.

"People ask me how many people I have working on the next generation. On the one hand, it's everybody. On the other, it's nobody. People are continuously working on new technology.

"We start thinking about the next generation before we shipped the Xbox 360," Bach continued. "It doesn't start with a date. It starts way upstream with silicon development.

"From that comes a series of data points. You start making early technology choices. It's an evolving thing. Stuff doesn't become concrete until you get inside a window of when you have to ship, more than 18 months or so out."

If we see anything before 2010, we'll be very surprised.

I'm happy to wait a good few years yet before having to go out and buy new consoles again. I mean PS3 is only really getting going after a slow start, there's still plenty that can be achieved with the Wii, and Xbox 360 has only just started to get over the hardware problems.