N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next weeks XBLA game

Another week, another Arcade game. We were blessed with Castlevania for the Wednesday just gone, so what delights does next week hold? It has just been announced that Jetpac: Refulled will be gracing our Arcade next week, for the costly sum of 400 MS Points.

Rare’s Jetpac Refuelled is a revamped and modernized version of the 1983 classic space blaster Jetpac. In Jetpac Refuelled players must clear a path through hordes of aliens to refuel their ship and amass a fortune over the course of 128 hi-definition levels, complete with achievements, leaderboards and simultaneous multiplayer action. Compared to the original Jetpac, which included 16 levels, Jetpac Refuelled provides players with everything they loved in the classic, and much more.

The game has the following features:

* Includes two versions of the game

* Retro – The classic 1980s version

* Refuelled – Rare’s 2007 remake of the classic Jetpac

* Entirely new hi-def graphics

* Menacing enemies

* New smartbombs that produce an electromagnetic pulse

* Modernized weapon upgrades and updated gameplay for modern gamers

* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points

* Completely updated graphical look of the game gives Xbox LIVE Arcade gamers a truly hi-def and in-depth gaming experience

I'll definitely be getting that.

In an interview with a French paper, SCEE VP Georges Fornay stated that exclusivity for Final Fantasy XIII is under discussion!

source: http://www.jeux-france.com/news19680_final-fantasy-xiii-une-exclu-en-discussion.html

I love the phrase "under discussion" in there. When fed through your household polyspeak machine, it would seem that right now there's a Sony executive bent over the boardroom table, cheeks spread, ready to "take one" for "the team."

I fear it will all be in vain.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here, seeing as I'm getting my 360 next week: What's Microsofts customer service like? If my 360 breaks down a year after the original purchase, will I be able to get it fixed easily and inexpensively? And what are the chances of it breaking down in the first place?

I'm kinda apprehensive cause it's an awesome console, but I don't have an unlimited income so if it breaks down then thats likely the end of it for me.

360 Cant take HDMI cables.

O rly? Ah well, I don't really know what the difference between HDMI and Component is in the first place.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking this here, seeing as I'm getting my 360 next week: What's Microsofts customer service like? If my 360 breaks down a year after the original purchase, will I be able to get it fixed easily and inexpensively? And what are the chances of it breaking down in the first place?

I'm kinda apprehensive cause it's an awesome console, but I don't have an unlimited income so if it breaks down then thats likely the end of it for me.

O rly? Ah well, I don't really know what the difference between HDMI and Component is in the first place.

Buy it from Currys or somewhere and get insurance.

Shite cutomer services. Youll have to pay up £80 after your first year. The chances?.... maybes 1/8

Well, not really. I got mine back in about 4 days, and the ones that are being manufactured now are more reliable. Also it was never that high anyway, it was just you only ever heard about the failure rate on the internet.

Customer service is good, never took more than a week to replace any of my 360s, and the failure rate is vastly exaggerated, the one I'm using has been going now for getting on for ten months without any problem whatsoever.