Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is seriously veering off the current topic, but is it worth getting rid of my Core and getting an Elite instead? How much would I get for my Core, bearing in mind that I sold the wired controller, so it'd just be the console and the cables? I have a component cable for it though. Also, how much could I sell my 20gb hard drive for?

I'm intending on getting the Falout 3 dlc, so I'd benefit from a bigger hard drive. Plus, I have to keep switching component cables between my Wii and 360, as I only have one component output on my tv. I know I could just get a bigger hard drive and a component switch box, but getting an Elite might work out better.

Thanks if anyone can help...

. Plus, I have to keep switching component cables between my Wii and 360, as I only have one component output on my tv. I know I could just get a bigger hard drive and a component switch box, but getting an Elite might work out better.

I Used to have this problem, the Elite has HDMI though, in fact they all do now afaik... so you could always use that if you have a spare HDMI port. :)

That's the thing though, I need the Elite so that I can actually get HDMI, my Core doesn't have it. And I've seen a 360 console on it's own go for about £40ish, which isn't too bad, so I might have a chance. I might sell the hard drive seperately, to make more cash.

EDIT: Also, if I do end up selling my core, I'll probably go for a Premium. I'd make less of a loss that way...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Hi guys,

There are some nice free online Xbox 360 tournament with prizes over at ReflexGT.com:

FIFA 09 (Xbox 360) 1v1

1st: XBL 12+1 Month Card

2nd: XBL 2100 MS Points

Guitar Hero World Tour (Xbox 360) 1v1

1st: XBL 2100 MS Points

2nd: XBL 800 MS Points

Halo 3 (Xbox 360) 2v2

1st: 2x XBL 12+1 Month Card

2nd: 2x XBL 2100 MS Points

Halo Wars (Xbox 360) 1v1

Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360) 1v1

Btw, prizes are sponsored by the organizers (gamers) themselfs. They did it cause the thought there was a lack of free online tournaments with prizes on the interwebz...

Good luck guys. ;)

That's the thing though, I need the Elite so that I can actually get HDMI, my Core doesn't have it. And I've seen a 360 console on it's own go for about £40ish, which isn't too bad, so I might have a chance. I might sell the hard drive seperately, to make more cash.

EDIT: Also, if I do end up selling my core, I'll probably go for a Premium. I'd make less of a loss that way...

The new Arcades have HDMI ports too. Anything labeled Arcade, Pro or Elite will have them. Anything labeled Premium or Core probably won't.

I made the switch before Christmas. Sold my old Premium to my bro for £80 and then bought a Pro from work for about £110 (staff discount + a really good offer on at the time). TBH if you find a good bundle pack then the upgrade is never going to be that expensive anyway. Gamestation regularly chuck in a couple of new releases and a 2nd pad for the RRP.

Gamerbytes - The Secret Of Monkey Island Coming To Xbox 360

secretofmonkey.jpg

Yes, it's been an awfully long time, but it appears that The Secret Of Monkey Island is coming back, and to the Xbox 360.

The German USK rating board has revealed that The Secret Of Monkey Island - Special Edition is on its way. This was the very original Monkey Island game, from all the way back in 1990. As for what makes it a Special Edition is currently unknown -- could they be re-doing the graphics? Could the game possibly have a voice cast?

The rating suggests that Activision might have some involvement in the project, but most likely this is simply Activision Europe rating the title for LucasArts, as they are the European publishing arm that LucasArts use. We can only assume this is an Xbox Live Arcade title, but there is a slim chance that this is a retail retelling of the original too.

Right anyone who has me on XBL delete me, i got RROD for the 4th time since the 360 came out so i got refund and bought a PS3. Not changing again it's a piss take.

You have been so unlucky with that!

It's weird coz my wii and ps3 have both broke and ive had to replace yet my 360 hasn't...

Seventh.

I've been playing Wheelman today. When you drive through roadblocks all the police cars explode for no apparent reason, there's a big truck blocking the entire highway with a ramp inexplicably placed in front of it — which explodes when you go over it — and when people talk Vin Diesel's replies have a tendency to sound like they're part of a completely different conversation. It's ace.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!