Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it where is that list of games! I mean it's only 21 days till the USA launch!

My thoughts exactly, it's very worrying, Microsoft definately have something to hide, PDZ is no-where near finished either i reckon, so many magazine previews are saying this!

I reckon it will be delayed and released 16th December 2005, i'm still certain it won't make launch, either that or another 'top' title is no-where near finished! PGR3 anyone??

Lets hope i'm wrong, otherwise this so called 'best launch ever' is turning out to be one hell of a anti-climax....

I mean, 21 days to go till it's released in USA? and still no official confirmation of any launch list? I'm positive your meant to know the launch line-up by now, and i've been saying this for weeks!

Deju Vu time: COME ON MICROSOFT!

:heh:

Please Note - Demand for the Xbox 360 is extremely high and therefore at this time we are unable to guarantee delivery for release date on pre orders placed after 23/08/05 - 11.00am. We still advise placing an advance order to join the queue for the best chance of receiving a console.

^ From Gameplay.com. I ordered mine 9am 24th >.> Ohhh jeeze.

Seriously considering getting one of these but its so much money :/ my birthday rolls around 4th december so... I have decisions to make. If I decide to get one hopefully I can get one while I'm in the US so that it's cheaper and I get it sooner :D

PD0 looks great, but on the games channel here I've heard that its not living up to expectations?

Please Note - Demand for the Xbox 360 is extremely high and therefore at this time we are unable to guarantee delivery for release date on pre orders placed after 23/08/05 - 11.00am. We still advise placing an advance order to join the queue for the best chance of receiving a console.

^ From Gameplay.com. I ordered mine 9am 24th >.> Ohhh jeeze.

I preordered on the 17th August!

However Jordan, you may still be able to get a 'Core System' from them, and just buy the hard-drive? Then again you are missing out on alot of extras.

However i'm beginning to think there won't be any shortages because of non-game shops, obviously the big game shops on the net and in the shops would of sold out, but try places like Comet, Currys, Argos, HMV etc.. and you should be fine!

Microsoft want to sell 4.5 - 5 million by the end of 2005, if thats the case, there shouldn't be a shortage. (i got this info from another board, and the person claims it's on gamespot).

I don't know where-ever to believe this or not, but PDZ is rumoured to miss the 'EUROPEAN LAUNCH' due to the fact that it hasn't gone in for certification, i think the news section was old though, and knicked from Gamespot, so i reckon we will be ok...Surely Microsoft won't allow another big-game to miss launch? PDZ is set to be one of the biggest launch titles even if it isn't as good as we hoped!

ONE MONTH TO GO! :grin:

Why would i buy a core system... and then a HDD? Jeeze, the HDD is going to cost like £90. Meaning a core system and HDD will cost more than a Premium. It's stupid.

Seriously considering getting one of these but its so much money :/ my birthday rolls around 4th december so... I have decisions to make. If I decide to get one hopefully I can get one while I'm in the US so that it's cheaper and I get it sooner :D

PD0 looks great, but on the games channel here I've heard that its not living up to expectations?

It's $399 over there eh? Thank god for the English economy! :grin:

Why would i buy a core system... and then a HDD? Jeeze, the HDD is going to cost like £90. Meaning a core system and HDD will cost more than a Premium. It's stupid.

Firstly i was only trying to help, secondly the HDD (if you mean the 20GB Hard-Drive) is £69.99 on Gameplay

I understand it would be dearer buying the extra cables and that...but from my perspective there not 100% needed, sorry if they are for you!

It might end up that i buy a Core system and then the Hard-drive, just to make sure i get one on launch day!

:)

I though you were talking about Core.

And at the end of the day you have to pay more dollars than we do pounds.

lol so what? It's the amount you're paying that matters. If you take into account that an equal job would earn more dollars than it would pounds, and the actual economy, not the numeric value...

Not only that but I am English, I'm only here for a bit, and my account is all in pounds, so if I buy an Xbox 360 with my card then check my account, its going to be my money in pounds that has decreased, by less than if I bought it in the UK.

Incidentally I'll probably wait until after Christmas anyway. These days games aren't quite as important to me, although I would love to get my hands on the new Perfect Dark. No doubt after Christmas availability will be much more realistic and there may even be a sale.

Back on the subject of prices, EBgames (remember EB right? The company that became GAME) is selling a special Xbox 360 Ultimate bundle for $699, or roughly £395

You get:

Premium system (with the HDD)

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition

Dead or Alive 4

Kameo: Elements of Power

Project Gotham Racing 3

Extra Wireless Controller

Play & Charge Kit (for extra controller)

Extra Rechargeable Battery Pack

Microsoft want to sell 4.5 - 5 million by the end of 2005, if thats the case, there shouldn't be a shortage. (i got this info from another board, and the person claims it's on gamespot).

Do you realise what you are saying. Its actually 4.5 million by middle next year, and that is how much they want to ship. that number is worldwide as well, which means there will be massive shortages as that is a very small number of units for worlwide for the next 7 months.

Do you realise what you are saying. Its actually 4.5 million by middle next year, and that is how much they want to ship. that number is worldwide as well, which means there will be massive shortages as that is a very small number of units for worlwide for the next 7 months.

I'm sorry, i read it as though it was end of this year, therefore there wouldn't be a shortage! I can't see 4.5 million Xbox360's selling by the end of 05!

Nevermind.

Anyway, i spoke to Gameplay yesterday! and they seem 100% confident that the people who preordered before 23/08 would get one, Lets hope there right! A awful lot of people have preordered on there!

Oh and i'm getting Amped 3 Jordan, it's supposeadly ( can't spell it) more arcadey to play, i liked the realism of the first one, but i would of liked it to be a bit more easy to do jumps/tricks etc.. and Amped 3 is like that! It could be like a more realistic SSX Tricky! :D

For those interested, PD0 is definitely the prettiest of the three I played, although beyond that I cant really comment much as I didnt get to experience any of the story and things, so it just felt like a very generic FPS. Definitely looks nice though. PGR3 was quite nice looking; certainly, the tracks look spanking, but I personally thought the cars were nothing special to look at really (maybe its just me). Kameo looked very standard on the level I played, but it was just a tutorial section so Im expecting it to look better later on in the game.

All 3 are down for a definite Euro release on 360 launch day. DOA will be out the week after. Trust me - PD0 will be out for lauch, Owen! ;) Also, dont watch any more of the videos theyre showing; they really do no justice to the game (at least, none that I have seen).

As for stock, there are no confirmed figures, but it WILL be in very short supply. I think allocation is being based largely on preorders for now, though could be wrong. There will hopefully be a second shipment before Christmas.

________

Ultimate fighters

Edited by Johelian

For those interested, PD0 is definitely the prettiest of the three I played, although beyond that I cant really comment much as I didnt get to experience any of the story and things, so it just felt like a very generic FPS. Definitely looks nice though. PGR3 was quite nice looking; certainly, the tracks look spanking, but I personally thought the cars were nothing special to look at really (maybe its just me). Kameo looked very standard on the level I played, but it was just a tutorial section so Im expecting it to look better later on in the game.

All 3 are down for a definite Euro release on 360 launch day. DOA will be out the week after. Trust me - PD0 will be out for lauch, Owen! ;) Also, dont watch any more of the videos theyre showing; they really do no justice to the game (at least, none that I have seen).

As for stock, there are no confirmed figures, but it WILL be in very short supply. I think allocation is being based largely on preorders for now, though could be wrong. There will hopefully be a second shipment before Christmas.

hehe! Thanks! There hasn't been a word on any delay for PDZ, so i think you won the bet, PDZ will most probably be a launch title! ;)

Alot of people are saying that about PGR3, how was the scenery in that game? Many are saying it isn't as good as people have been saying!

Thanks for your impessions! I know you didn't have alot of time with it, but any more impressions on controls? the controller itself etc.... :smile: