NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Not sure if anyone knows of this, jsut found it while browsing hotukdeals

12 Month Gold for 28.95 at Shopto

Instant code purchase, gets added to your shopto account as soon as you buy it, to say they're gonig for 40 quid this isn't a bad price at all.

Guys I need your help. Basically today I just set up my family's new broadband connection, moving from Sky to Talktalk broadband, and I've found out that there is a 40GB download limit, which I'm quite worried about.

Cos as a family, we download alot, i.e tv episodes, movies, music, tv streaming etc. We 4 practically all have our own laptops too so alot of web pages will be loading.

But the most important thing (for me) is the use of Xbox Live. If I play on average around 2-3 hours a day (hey, no job and summer holidays baby!) or even more, how much of that will eat up the monthly allowance of 40GB?

don't quote me, but i'm pretty sure online gaming is negligible in terms of limits. It's all based on tiny data packets (all the complicated stuff is done on your machine, see) so it's really small numbers.

course, I could be talking total shit. I've never had a dl limit but I'm sure I've read that before.

I have heard the same as Dan Dare in reference to that.

What will start to eat it up is the downloading of TV shows, games etc. Or if u download alot of game demos on ur console.

It's not much I think.

I was on a 5GB download limit a month at Uni. I played online a fair few times and had enough to browse the internet for the rest of the month.

When it came to download demos, that was hell. A gig for a demo is never nice.

Anyone order Star Ocean, or whatever it was called from zavvi for £17 that time? Mine got sent today. Forgot all about that.

Edited by Pantsu Man!

It's not much I think.

I was on a 5GB download limit a month at Uni. I played online a fair few times and had enough to browse the internet for the rest of the month.

When it came to download demos, that was hell. A gig for a demo is never nice.

Anyone order Star Ocean, or whatever it was called from zavvi for £17 that time? Mine got sent today. Forgot all about that.

Yep got the e-mail today....bargain.....gonna put it up on ebay!

I'm playing through Assassin's Creed, and there is a soldier who is dressed as one of... my guys. I picked him up with the fancy view and he is also acting weird. Anyway I can get him to come out or do I just kill him?

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

1229197220721.jpg

Edited by Dan_Dare

There's a free Perfect Dark theme available to download if anyone's interested.

Teehee. It's called 'Space Marine'.

Looks pretty sweet actually.

I can't wait for Perfect Dark on Live. We're going to have to have forum matches.

Edited by Wesley

Playing Red Alert 3... I really don't like playing an RTS without a mouse. I tried a skirmish on with one easy AI rather than doing the tutorial, and I just can't do it - kicked my ass three times. I need a mouse and keyboard for C&C!

Sorry to be a cheeky blighter, but does anyone have any spare gold codes knockin about?

I cant afford live till the end of the month :'(

^ Will a 1 month Live Gold card code do you? I've got one spare left over from Microsoft's fixing of my console.

:o thatd be ace if you could, how much wud u want for it?

'Twould be free Skunky. I'll look out the card after dinner and send it to you in a PM. No point in selling the thing as it's really not worth much and I got it for free anyway so might as well just pass it on to someone who needs it.

ahh cheers man, i owe you ones :P

and Caris, get back to ya playstation u dirty geordie

Quick 360 question guys, do any of you use the wifi adapter, and if so how good is it? In my next flat I can't see a better option other than ethernet cable trailing accross the laminated flooring. When I used my laptop as a wireless bridge it lead to some poor, laggy gameplay - I don't want that with the adapter :/ I did use Dan Dare's yesterday, for one brief game of Peggle, but that's turn taking (and my opponent's turn was clunky and slow).

I'd tell you mine was good...but it isn't anymore =(

before that it was flawless

Quick 360 question guys, do any of you use the wifi adapter, and if so how good is it? In my next flat I can't see a better option other than ethernet cable trailing accross the laminated flooring. When I used my laptop as a wireless bridge it lead to some poor, laggy gameplay - I don't want that with the adapter :/ I did use Dan Dare's yesterday, for one brief game of Peggle, but that's turn taking (and my opponent's turn was clunky and slow).

Mate, homeplugs are the way forward. Jus plug one into your wireless router and plug another into your xbox. Google it to understand it better. I'm currently using it and its flawless.