NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

wheee.. just read that a lot of people have problems with their new boxes overheating and beeing very noisy..

well.. only time will tell

I dont thinks its all of them , my local stores which have them in are on hours and there still cush. Hope mine sok tho :(

wheee.. just read that a lot of people have problems with their new boxes overheating and beeing very noisy..

Yeah 360s are having loads of problems, I would expect them to be solved when they come out in Europe, but it's a tiny launch date difference, so I don't know. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of portraying consoles as multimedia machines, but I've read that 360 has really cool features. You can voice chat with people while playing any game or even changing disc, transfering mp3s is easy and turning the console on and off from the remote is, as expected, really cool.

Yeah 360s are having loads of problems, I would expect them to be solved when they come out in Europe, but it's a tiny launch date difference, so I don't know. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of portraying consoles as multimedia machines, but I've read that 360 has really cool features. You can voice chat with people while playing any game or even changing disc, transfering mp3s is easy and turning the console on and off from the remote is, as expected, really cool.

You can voice chat when watching DVDs too, just in time for the 24 MAKESHIFT ADVENT CALENDAR EXTRAVAGANZA Mike and I plan on doing in December.

im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what the 360 wireless adaptor thing is for? does it plug into my computer and link to the 360, or does it plug into the 360 so that it can be linked to a wireless network? it has a USB plug on it, so that makes me think that it plugs into a computer but im not sure whether the 360 itself has USB connectors.

anyway, hope that makes sense...:)

im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what the 360 wireless adaptor thing is for? does it plug into my computer and link to the 360, or does it plug into the 360 so that it can be linked to a wireless network? it has a USB plug on it, so that makes me think that it plugs into a computer but im not sure whether the 360 itself has USB connectors.

anyway, hope that makes sense...:)

it plugs in to the xbox its self to make the xbox 360 wireless and connect to ur wireless routers!

Three of my friends got one at launch and two of them can't even play their games. The stupid thing keeps overheating and shuting down. Needless to say they aren't too happy. What a waste of money.......

YAY! just rang my local ASDA, its a 24 hour one, theyre getting some in, and selling them at 12:01 , im gonna have to go like 6 hours early and read every magazine i can lol.

Im hoping they will take pity and sell me one few hours early.

*edit : rang again, theyve had no information on the price (im assuming itll be the normal price) and theyre getting 14 consoles in total, dont know how many prem/core though

NO-ONE is getting a 360 on thurs, acording to my local games store M$ have got all serial number stored and if any of the PAL ones come on xbox live be4 frithey get banned and the retailer gets a nice fine... also ive heard you have to have them vertically or they over heat :\

lol, overheating, MS has been testing the 360 for months, do you really think they would send out carp 360.

fatrox get your hands on a uzi and take it to asda, i dont know how they are going to give them out, i mean, there has to be a system or people could end up fighting with each other.

Id get there early and if there is a queue get in it fast.

Trust me mate they are its all over the net, i cant igve sources i just see them here and there

Got a phone call at work today saying that of the 38 deposits we had put down and were guaranteed for customers we "may get about 20". Next Friday will be full of angry angry customers then. Joy.

You can voice chat when watching DVDs too, just in time for the 24 MAKESHIFT ADVENT CALENDAR EXTRAVAGANZA Mike and I plan on doing in December.

You can? thats awsome :) no more need for real friends :D yay

And for those of you who won't get a console on 2.desember. MS promised a second shipping before christmas (atleast in norway)

The problem is due down to the internet, because os many things are appearing on the net of overheating, it makes the problem seem so much worse than it actually is.

If you keep it ina sensible place, and dont pile things on it, then theres shouldnt be any heat problems. its just silly people putting it under their telly or buried in their shagpile carpets and complaing its getting hot (i hope)

i heard its to do with the plug too. apparently there are two version of the ghostbusters brick, with slightly different colours. one heats easy, the other is cool.

i heard its to do with the plug too. apparently there are two version of the ghostbusters brick, with slightly different colours. one heats easy, the other is cool.

We can look at it when it's operating right? I'm not making the same mistake Egon did.

whats the latest on the 2nd shipment of 360's to England?

April apparently. Next main shipment anyway, whether they'll be minor shipments I don't know. Other people might.

Could always keep a fan by the 360 to be extra safe. Could keep that fan working during the winter months!

what do you think the chances are of these 2nd shipments being tinkered with by MS? there seems to be a lot of problems with a lot of the 1st shipment Xbox's in the USA. tempted to wait and be guaranteed a working console

what do you think the chances are of these 2nd shipments being tinkered with by MS? there seems to be a lot of problems with a lot of the 1st shipment Xbox's in the USA. tempted to wait and be guaranteed a working console

Why wait? In the unlikely event you get a shit console, MS will repleace it within 5 days.