NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

The thing whats annoying me now is all these comments going around about Xbox360 over heating, freezing etc..

Surely people didn't think that every console out of the 1 million + in the USA was going to work perfectly?

So should your 360 freeze every few mins, overheat or explode can we expect a post along the lines of "Well, I just guess that's the way it goes with a new console launch, I'll very happily wait for a replacement and not complain like the annoying people"?

Come on Owen, you'll murder your family if you don't get it on launch day as it is.

I played one today in Glasgow Vigin Megastores. The contorl pad is really nice, the new L and R buttons work a lot better than black and white, and the 360 Guide is possibly the best button idea ever.

Games were a dissapointment, as only Kameo (hardly the game to get into at a gaming pod), Call of Duty 2 and King Kong were the only playable games. Every one had amazing graphics on the widescreen, HDTV. Just looking forward to playing Perfect Dark and PGR3.

So should your 360 freeze every few mins, overheat or explode can we expect a post along the lines of "Well, I just guess that's the way it goes with a new console launch, I'll very happily wait for a replacement and not complain like the annoying people"?

Come on Owen, you'll murder your family if you don't get it on launch day as it is.

Why get my family involved?

If the thing blows up no-one would be in the house anyway as they are always working!

I'll be the one who dies.

I just don't want to wait all this time and then they delay it, thats all.

I played one today in Glasgow Vigin Megastores. The contorl pad is really nice, the new L and R buttons work a lot better than black and white, and the 360 Guide is possibly the best button idea ever.

Games were a dissapointment, as only Kameo (hardly the game to get into at a gaming pod), Call of Duty 2 and King Kong were the only playable games. Every one had amazing graphics on the widescreen, HDTV. Just looking forward to playing Perfect Dark and PGR3.

Well, well... we start talking about the Xbox 360 freezing and here you are.

Why get my family involved?

If the thing blows up no-one would be in the house anyway as they are always working!

I'll be the one who dies.

I just don't want to wait all this time and then they delay it, thats all.

I think you missed his point by a mile or hundred.

Well i just got the official "HAHA YOU DIDNT GET ONE" emaiil from Game,

:

Dear Mr Toal,

I am writing to clarify the stock situation for the new Xbox 360 console.

We have now had final launch day allocations confirmed to us by Microsoft, and unfortunately, this is nowhere near enough units to satisfy demand.

As a result, we have orders that we are currently unable to fulfil for launch.

Unfortunately your hardware preorder is one that we are not able to guarantee for delivery to you on December 2nd.

You have our assurance that we are doing our very best to secure more stock soon, and that we will contact you as soon as stock is available from Microsoft.

When Xbox 360 does come into stock, we will send you a link to a secret page that will allow you to grab an Xbox 360 bundle. As a preorder customer you will receive this information before it becomes public to give you a better chance to get in first.

Please note that we do not consolidate orders – therefore, if you have preordered Xbox 360 games or peripherals for launch then these will be despatched as normal when they are released.

With this in mind you will need to decide how you would like us to proceed with additional orders you have made. If you choose not to act they will be despatched to you when they are released. If you decide to cancel them then our Customer Services department will be happy to help – they can be contacted on 0870 750 2743.

Please accept our most sincere apologies,

Jonny Austin,

GAME.NET

Wot a load of shite, instead of keeping my pre-order, i now have to re-order when it they set it up, wot if im out? or at work? im gonna miss out on the 360 AGAIN.

Looks like i gotta go early to a store early to pick one up on release.

And after seeing the gamespot PDZ review i so want my xbox 360! FUCKING GAME!

I think you missed his point by a mile or hundred.

Did i? Nevermind.

its 'War Shooty' mister!!

I'm getting PD0, Kameo and King Kong for sure. Then im getting PGR3 and the War Shooty soon after i finish a game. Any other launch essentials i missed out?

I'm really dissapointed in the GUN reviews, i thought it would get at least an 8...

Im getting 8

Kameo, PGR3 and PDZ myself

all the EA ones for free.

its 'War Shooty' mister!!

I'm getting PD0, Kameo and King Kong for sure. Then im getting PGR3 and the War Shooty soon after i finish a game. Any other launch essentials i missed out?

I'm really dissapointed in the GUN reviews, i thought it would get at least an 8...

Finally someone planning ahead!

erm..well Quake 4 looks good! CONDEMNED IS GREAT!

I'm getting 12 launch titles, so i'll tell you if there worth getting so you save your dosh!

:D

do not get king kong, its just button bashing, you will be able to pick it up for £20 after xmas, its just movie publicity.

donwload the pc demo to see how carp it is.

looks like the cut off date was the 18th of Aug for GAME, this launch has been a farce, glad i am getting 2 as my first thought of "worldwide" "limited" "2 orders to be safe", my other one is going to a mate or on ebay depending how much they are going for, £100+ would buy alot of presents for my family.

also, it is true, weedy homeboys can count

DSC00983.jpg

12! i can see why you cant wait now haha, Kameo and PDz for me, should last me a while with the PDZ Live, ill also get Ridge Racer and Gear Of War (that game looks soooo good...) when they come out...

12! i can see why you cant wait now haha, Kameo and PDz for me, should last me a while with the PDZ Live, ill also get Ridge Racer and Gear Of War (that game looks soooo good...) when they come out...

I know! I've been saving for ages! :wink:

Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and surprisingly Condemned are the games i really really cannot wait to play but all the games i'm getting are hyping me up.

I know what you mean about King Kong, but it does look really good on the Xbox360!

My only worries are Amped 3 and Need For Speed Most Wanted. I'm getting these using credit notes and i'm deciding right to the last minute where-ever i should purchase them or not!

Still....what the heck it's Xmas! :hehe:

looks like the cut off date was the 18th of Aug for GAME

Then why did I get an email saying I'm not getting one, I ordered in the early hours of the 18th (due to GAMES website fucking up for me for hours).

Well, I suppose I'll be in their second batch, that should guarantee me a second premium package before christmas.

i have just thought, i have to work 2-10pm on friday the 2nd.

argh, 8 hours knowing my xbox 360 is sitting at home in its box.

Then why did I get an email saying I'm not getting one, I ordered in the early hours of the 18th (due to GAMES website fucking up for me for hours).

Well, I suppose I'll be in their second batch, that should guarantee me a second premium package before christmas.

:/ seems like you might of just missed out, but people on other forums have said they orderd on the 18th and they are getting one.

King Kong comes with the bundle, believe me i wouldnt be getting it.

I'm hoping GAME will accept it for exchanging, if i keep the pretty rapping on. they should do right? If not, i'll put it in for preowned and get Sonic Rush or some accesories.

Soooooooooo happy(and shocked!) that Perfect Dark Zero got 9.0 at Gamespot. :smile:

I'm definately getting Kameo and PD0 now.

glad i am getting 2 as my first thought of "worldwide" "limited" "2 orders to be safe", my other one is going to a mate or on ebay depending how much they are going for, £100+ would buy alot of presents for my family.

You could've just used the money you used to buy that second Xbox 360 to buy presents for the family. No? Okay then.

I'm guessing I'm in the second batch too rokhed00, as I too have received a familiar email (from Gameplay though, not GAME).

Rokhed, we aint in the SECOND batch, we have to completely re-order again when they send us a special link, which people who didnt pre-order can also view shortly after us!

smx15id.jpg

http://www.smashmyxbox.com/ site is down atm

someone bought and xbox 360 and smashed it outside a store infront of everybody and filmed it.

That was a pretty stupid thing to do, considering the majority of people in the line waiting to get one were told to get ready for dissapointment and someone chucks one on the ground in front of them! What a waste!

:sad: