NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

aye but y use blue-ray when dvd's are still going ?

Why use xbox 360 when xbox is still going. Because technology always evloves to better things.

Yeah so that's why they want you to but a PS3 because every ps3 will double as a blu-ray player (will cost Sony tons tho') so Blu-ray already has a user base.

aye true but y pay a fortune for something that will prob have most of the same games on the 360 and you can buy the movies on dvd instead of blue-ray ?

i just think its far to early to take off

hd-players havnt took off in the uk yet and blue-ray will just be around the corner. hmmm

aye true but y pay a fortune for something that will prob have most of the same games on the 360 and you can buy the movies on dvd instead of blue-ray ?

i just think its far to early to take off

hd-players havnt took off in the uk yet and blue-ray will just be around the corner. hmmm

As in this gen, the PS3 wil probably have a lot of exclusive games that other consoles don't. Blu ray is only expensive just know because it isn't mass produced. When this starts happening, it will drop sharply in price.

Blu ray is only expensive just know because it isn't mass produced. When this starts happening, it will drop sharply in price.

aye should do. just have to wait and see tho. dvd's havnt even been out that long and hd-dvd isnt even out yet. what gonna happen then ?

DVDs have been out for ages, we'll have to wait and see what happens with the two competing formats.

Why use xbox 360 when xbox is still going. Because technology always evloves to better things.

he's right. hdtv will become a lot more common during the next generation of consoles, and blu-ray is a much more appropriate medium than dvd to accomodate to the hd era. the 360 may be cheaper to produce and buy, but thinking long-term, sony have chosen a wise strategy in my opinion.

Indeed, as HD becomes more popular and more things are broadcast in it, it takes up more storage on a disk. Even dual layered DVDs can only hold like 10gb, blue ray can hold like triple that.

Ive heard microsoft are making a new compression tool for devolepers to put the games onto disk, more to rival blue ray.

Ive heard microsoft are making a new compression tool for devolepers to put the games onto disk, more to rival blue ray.

It wouldn't rival blu ray, it would just mean that more stuff could fit onto the DVD.

iv been reading up on blu-ray and hd-dvd and blu-ray has got much more support up to now. but i think its daft having to formats out at the same time.

whats blu-ray going to put on there discs if you can get a movie and extras on to a hd-dvd ?

more extras :heh: i just look forward to buying a tv show boxset with only one disc, it'd be more than easy to get every episode of family guy and and the movie onto one disc, and in higher definition too! i don't think too much space is ever really a problem. the only possible problem i see for blu-ray is if they come out at a price too high for the mainstream to accept it. but as far as i'm concerned, if sony and apple are supporting the format then it's good enough for me.

It will probably be pretty expensive to start with, then as microsoft are laughing with the success of HD-DVD - sony will cut the price to match it.

well, microsoft aren't even supporting hd-dvd yet in current 360's. i've got a feeling that the 360 will be replaced again within two or three years because of microsoft's need to keep up with new media formats, hd and graphics hardware(not shit-stirring because the 360's graphics are lovely but i doubt it'll be difficult for ps3 to top them, especially if its' release is postponed again). ruddy hell, i don't want to be posting this, but i can't get to sleep for the life of me!

blu ray is just storage, hence the blu = blue

it just uses a different colour.

dont write of dvd games just yet, not mnay games even come on dvds (1,2,3,4cds)

WOOP! 5 Days!!!!

(trys to calm down)

My mother just took my weeks wages off me to pay towards the 360. :( I'm poor for another week!!

I 95% aren't getting one now. Thanks Microsoft, you ruined my Christmas... :(

its gonna be a long week at work, i heard gameplay are using citylink so i could get my 360 on thurs if they desptach it on wed

I 95% aren't getting one now. Thanks Microsoft, you ruined my Christmas... :(

Jordan, you might not get one on launch, but you should get one beofre Xmas still, my 3 ore-orders are gonan bbe bfore xmas and only one for launch. i wish younlived closer, i woudl gladey give you one. :(

its gonna be a long week at work, i heard gameplay are using citylink so i could get my 360 on thurs if they desptach it on wed

a hope the do despatch on wed :D

Please god, PLEASE!!! :D

Wondering if I should get CoD2 too now....

what games you gettin on launch m8 ?

I'm not saying you wont but i really dont think anyone will get them on thurs, MS have asaid any amchines on xbox live on thurs they look the serial number up and ban it and fine the shop.

what games you gettin on launch m8 ?

PGR3, PDZ and Kameo. And I'll get Geometry Wars 2 off Arcade, probably!

I'm not saying you wont but i really dont think anyone will get them on thurs, MS have asaid any amchines on xbox live on thurs they look the serial number up and ban it and fine the shop.

Do you have a link to prove this? I'm sure there's going to be some PAL ones on Live before launch, for testing or whatever.