N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I know it's strange to be asking this now but it's been bugging me for awhile now. Anyways, earlier in the year I finally beat Halo 3 on legendary. Now I had already seen the legendary ending on Youtube and it's not really a big deal but is anyone able to tell me why, after playing the campaign from start to finish on legendary, I didn't get the ending? All I got was up to the bit where Arbiter and co fly off home. Just curious. Not a big deal at all.

Did you skip the credits? If so then enjoy playing through it again :) The final ending cutscene (IIRC) was played out after them.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 outsold Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 for the fourth consecutive week in the latest video game sales data from Japan.

Media Create Co. on Fri. reported that the Xbox 360 sold 8,271 units between Sept. 29 and Oct. 5.

By comparison, the PS3 sold 7,232 units in the same period.

The 360 ranked two titles in the top 50 game sales, including Raiden IV at No. 38 and Tales of Vesperia at No. 46.

Microsoft this week said it will raise its sales forecast for the Xbox 360 in Japan on stronger-than-expected demand for the hardware.

Xbox 360 sales in Japan were bolstered after a price cut enacted on Sept. 1, which discounted the hardware to as low as 19,800 yen ($189).

DS Lite 42,385

PSP 26,045

Wii 25,330

PS2 8,618

Xbox 360 8,271

PS3 7,232

GameRader's Why Saints Row 2 is the antidote to GTA IV?

One of GTA IV’s biggest strengths – and possibly one of its biggest problems – was its insistence on keeping the action as realistic as possible. No longer could you stand on top of moving cars and terrify the drivers; you’d lose your balance and fall off the second they started moving. SR2 defiantly rubs GTA’s nose in this by not only enabling players to stand on top of moving cars, but by turning it into a traffic-surfing minigame.

It’s also worth noting that, like every other activity in the game, you can do this naked

Although Saints Row 2 takes most things in a radically different direction than GTA IV, there is one little thing it could be accused of copying, albeit wrongly: giving players a cell phone to dial numbers, punch in cheats or call up “Homies” to come watch your back.

The difference is that Saints Row 2’s cell phone (which actually debuted in the first Saints Row) is barely integrated into the gameplay at all; you won’t use it to fool your targets into revealing themselves in public, for example, and none of your imaginary friends will ever use it to invite you out for a drink. Again, whether that’s good or bad depends on how much Niko’s ever-buzzing phone irritated you in GTA IV.

One of the saddest things we saw during the run-up to GTA IV was all the misinformed saps who thought that “multiplayer” meant they could plug in a second controller and play through the story with a friend. And while you can’t do that in Saints Row 2, exactly, you can play through the entire story online with a buddy, and that’s always a plus.

Over the course of GTA IV’s rags-to-slightly better rags story, players earned hundreds of thousands of dollars, almost all of which were spent on guns, body armor and ammunition for Niko. You could buy clothing and food, too, but in general the money didn’t do much aside from enabling you to pay for dates and survive a little longer in a firefight. You couldn't even spend money on property, like you did in earlier games; instead, it was all handed to you, for free, as part of the story.

In contrast, there’s no shortage of things to spend money on in Saints Row 2. Instead of simply moving between a series of small apartments, you can buy 11 “cribs” scattered throughout the city, and then spend more money to upgrade them with new décor, better furniture and gigantic televisions.

High-performance cars are also for sale if you know where to look, and dropping more cash will turn them into garish purple monstrosities with spinning rims and spikes that shoot out from the wheels. Also, while GTA tried to keep playing dress-up to a minimum, Saints Row 2 enables you to buy layers of ridiculous clothing, jewelry and tattoos and mix them together however you like.

Grand Theft Auto IV caught some flak over its watchable in-game TVs, which were a nice touch but featured shows that weren’t quite up to the series’ high standards. SR2 doesn’t even bother with trying to create its own channels, and the TVs in your apartments are useful only for two things: re-watching cutscenes (which is kind of fun, because any changes you’ve made to your character since the events happened will show up in the cinema) and playing a videogame called Zombie Uprising.

Zombie Uprising plays like a crude imitation of Dead Rising, in that your task is to fend off endless waves of zombies using your fists and whatever else is scattered around. It’s usually only fun for five minutes at a stretch, but the amount of detail that went into making the shambling, bloated zombies almost makes us sad that they didn’t suddenly surface to menace the city in the final act of the game’s story. Also, they’re really fun to carve up with a chainsaw.

What? “Eclectic music picked out by people with excellent taste?” What the hell does that mean? All we know is that among Saints Row 2’s thrash-metal and hip-hop radio stations is one that plays “The Final Countdown” and “Take on Me” seemingly every five minutes. And if you can’t enjoy that on some level, then we have nothing more to discuss.

Oh I'm not even gonna try and play both at once. My original plan was Fable 2, then after a couple of weeks whenever I am done with it I'll get Fallout. But now you've added Far Cry into the mix. Gonna have to fit that in somewhere.

Fable

Dead Space

Far Cry

Fallout

Gears Of War

Banjo Kazooie

Mirrors Edge

Left4Dead

Not including Rock Band 2/GHWT, Prince of Persia, EndWar that I may or may not get. And this is only games with release dates on GameFAQs, and only 360. Last year was busy, but this year is even worse!

Ive been playing the CoD:WaW beta today and its taking me a while to get used to it due to me playing Halo 3 all last week. On Halo im used to running and gunning and still being able to finish the fight but with CoD im getting killed in a few shots, respawning and then getting killed again :). Its nice to see the ranking/perks system make a return though.

Fable 2 or Far Cry 2? That is the dilemna....

Both for me :) Far Cry 2 on PC rather than PC, swear i saw it somewhere on the net for £18! I'll trade games in to get Fable. Think i'll be skipping on Fallout 3 for a while, i'm really hyped for it but my sensible head says £15 or £20 in the January sales :p

Ive been playing the CoD:WaW beta today and its taking me a while to get used to it due to me playing Halo 3 all last week. On Halo im used to running and gunning and still being able to finish the fight but with CoD im getting killed in a few shots, respawning and then getting killed again :). Its nice to see the ranking/perks system make a return though.

Where did you get your Beta code from?

I preordered CoD from GAMEs website. They send out the beta codes every Friday if you preorder with them. Eurogamer has some beta codes starting next week so keep an eye on there aswell.

Cheers dude. I'm keeping an eye on Eurogamer atm; was just wondering how you got yours earlier. Impressions?

The call of duty world at war beta is pretty damn awesome !!

Nice to see they haven't strayed too far from the CoD4 multiplayer because that is pure perfection!

Only one thing let's it down and that's the maps.. I personaly don't enjoy 2 of the 3 in the beta.. But I'm sure there will be better ones in the full game.

Speaking of the "NXE" (...) I can't believe I missed the fact that it has a date! November 19 eh?, personally I think it looks awesome :D Looking forward to it. Hopefully my 360 won't be off in Germany somewhere getting fixed on the release date....

Methinks my 360 is dying :( Im getting weird graphical glitches on the dashboard and in games, kinda looks like the weird writing off the Matrix.

EDIT: Yup its died. I knew if I turned it off and then back on it wouldnt work. To top if off its only got 1 red light in the bottom right so that means I have to pay to get it fixed, right? Im gonna faff on with it and see if I can get it working, if not then I guess I will have to phone Microsoft :( I hope I get to talk with someone who speaks english!

I got one red light. I never phoned anyone or paid anything, I just went through the online process for xbox repair, saying its broken/showing red lights/won't start and returned it for free. 11 day turnaround. From what people have been saying, I'll probably be doing that again within the next few days (got 3 red lights recently)

Thanks Shorty but I had already phoned them up. For once I got an english lass on the phone, must have been her first day or something as she sounded nervous, cost me £59 to get it fixed though. To be fair I would rather it broke now then when the likes of Gears and Banjo have arrived. Im just hoping I get it back in time for Fable 2.

That makes 3 of us!!!

My new Elite i only got a few weeks ago has stopped reading disks! it just says "open tray" no matter what game is in there

Sooooo tomorow ill be off to gamestation to see if they will swap it for another seeing as its only been a matter of 2 weeks

Wish me luck

That makes 3 of us!!!

My new Elite i only got a few weeks ago has stopped reading disks! it just says "open tray" no matter what game is in there

Sooooo tomorow ill be off to gamestation to see if they will swap it for another seeing as its only been a matter of 2 weeks

Wish me luck

Methinks the CoD:WaW is some sort of 360 virus :)