Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

I'm going to miss Tennant. He's brilliant as the Doctor and this ep was amazing, even though it started a bit slow.

2 more eps to go. We know the final one will probably air on New Years since they've announced The Complete Specials Boxset coming out on January 11th which contains The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, Waters of Mars and the next 2. Bring on Christmas

Edited by Serebii

Well that surpassed all my expectations.

Bloody fantastic.

I'm going to miss Russell :(

I agree, that was definitely the best episode since Journey's End, although I won't be sad to see the back of Russell T Davies - I can't wait to see what Moffett does with the show. The ending to tonight's episode really made me want to know what happens next. What was that Ood doing there? And from the trailer, I'm desperate to know how Donna's going to feature, considering her tragic ending at the end of series 4.

Not a bad episode :) some cool features and those water zombies looked pretty damn freaky. Makes me curious about the episode earlier in the year, which I wasn't really fussed about watching at the time.

I'm assuming Tennant is in for the Christmas spesh?

Aye, I'm guessing you didn't watch the preview at the end for the Chrimbo ep?

Not a bad episode :) some cool features and those water zombies looked pretty damn freaky. Makes me curious about the episode earlier in the year, which I wasn't really fussed about watching at the time.

Aye, I'm guessing you didn't watch the preview at the end for the Chrimbo ep?

When Tennant is on TV my concentration goes somewhere else! :love:

Guest Captain Falcon

Well it got my thumbs up... especially after that dodgy production that aired earlier in the year.

I liked the more somber tone - the idea he can't save everyone. Quite impressed with Tennant's performance in that one. He seemed more reserved, in control and knowing without resorting to his childlike fascination antics which tend to grate with me.

Which is actually how I imagine the new guy will play it, you know, a bit straighter with story lines to match.

I thought the vast majority of "Waters of Mars" was very standard fare - space station, infections, monster chases - but I did like the bit where the Doctor became arrogant. Shame he didn't stay like that for the whole episode - character changes are far more interesting than all the flashy stuff.

Yeah, I was amused by that.

I thought the vast majority of "Waters of Mars" was very standard fare - space station, infections, monster chases - but I did like the bit where the Doctor became arrogant. Shame he didn't stay like that for the whole episode - character changes are far more interesting than all the flashy stuff.

Even longer than a whole episode! I can't believe they just discarded the potential immense opportunity that was.

What bothered me was all the debris on fire on the surface of Mars. Stuff can't burn without oxygen, no?

It's highly probable that oxygen could have been a by-product of their colonisation, not to mention the escaped oxygen from the dome or the fire could be burning due to a totally different gas