Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

I do wonder though, why did those kids suddenly have eyewitness accounts of The Doctor being the guy they met...what suddenly prompted it. Why would they eventually know who he is?

I think they just reported a strange thing they saw, in the same way people report things like UFOs. After all, they would have seen the Tardis disappear.

Anyway, great episode! Gareth Roberts is my favourite Doctor Who writer, and the rapport between the Doctor and Craig was just lovely, as usual.

Matt Smith is one of the better actors who has played the Doctor, as I sympathise with him more than some of the others. I found it very affecting, the way he's facing his end. Actually quite similar to last series, when he thought he was going to be "erased".

Thought The Doctor/Matt Smith was great in last nights episode... very funny, 'it's a different house!' etc... :D and a great emotional performance, under a beautiful star filled ceiling!

Thought James Cordan was great again aswell. All in all was a decent enough episode, though probably deserved better.

Moffat does like his Cybermen doesn't he *yawn*! They were pretty damn rubbish in this episode!

Edited by Retro_Link

It was an episode of two halves for me.

In one hand it was good fun and some of the jokes in it were great but the Cyberman story was very weak and disappointing. They may have well not have been in it and could have been any bad guy.

VERY interested in next weeks though, I have no idea what to expect in terms of how the story plays out! I do feel like there is a lot to fill in a standed length episode slot though so i hope it doesn't feel rushed...

It's pretty evident that she has some ability to remember the Silence, even when she looks away. It's also been shown that the image of a Silence also works in the same way.

So, this amazing theory: The eye patch has a photo of a Silence on the inside.

Spot on theory id say! Makes so much sence!!

Cybermen are brilliant, with their deep, electronic voices, but I don't think I've seen them put to better use than when they fought the Daleks in Season Two. They're at their best when they can stomp around in armies and have large battles. I'd like to see them fight the Judoon or Sontarans.

Cybermen are brilliant, with their deep, electronic voices, but I don't think I've seen them put to better use than when they fought the Daleks in Season Two. They're at their best when they can stomp around in armies and have large battles. I'd like to see them fight the Judoon or Sontarans.

Cybermen's last two appearances have been far to disposable...could have been any other villian in the last episode no relevance at all that its them/

Cybermen's last two appearances have been far to disposable...could have been any other villian in the last episode no relevance at all that its them/

Hmm, I really liked both of them. First, that they were manning space stations in certain star systems - I thought that added depth to them. Second, that a stranded group of them were trying to build themselves up once more - again, it gave insight into what they do when they've faced a setback.

But each to his own.

Not sure, but I found this photo on my FB, keep forgetting about it though so I made it the cover on my profile

225259_10150262495403689_513473688_8860705_6360339_n.jpg

So the Silence are aliens in suits... Ok. Wadda they do? I'm not going to assume it's something to do with lack of noise because names are misleading. Take the Cybermen. It's implied they are men when they're complete pussies when faced with a baby crying.

What's the Silence?
So the Silence are aliens in suits... Ok. Wadda they do? I'm not going to assume it's something to do with lack of noise because names are misleading. Take the Cybermen. It's implied they are men when they're complete pussies when faced with a baby crying.
Oh were you being serious before?

The Silence make you forget them everytime you look at them... so are effectively able to stealth their way around.

I did think about Craig being full time... his character is kind of in a similar situation to Catherine Tate's was... except Craig has a family, so can't see it happening. It's great when they meet up though, so I'm hoping for an appearance next series aswell.

What do you mean... 'should he survive without regenerating?'... That's a given isn't it? Matt Smith isn't going anywhere so...

I did think about Craig being full time... his character is kind of in a similar situation to Catherine Tate's was... except Craig has a family, so can't see it happening. It's great when they meet up though, so I'm hoping for an appearance next series aswell.

What do you mean... 'should he survive without regenerating?'... That's a given isn't it? Matt Smith isn't going anywhere so...

Could always be a lie to throw us off...

Could be, but seems very unlikely, I thought I heard contract news a while back but maybe not.

Also you'd think there'd have been casting rumours, unless they don't intend to show us the new Doctor at the very end of this series... Well that's what they'd have to do I guess.

He'll be saved by love or something! :p (like when Tennants was restored to the right age by people saying his name or whatever)

Or River will have one left or something equally as convienient.

Edited by Retro_Link

Problem with regeneration theory is that, although filming for the next season doesn't begin until February (they're shifting studios so have had to shift the schedule. Season 7 wont begin until August 2012 annoyingly), this year's Christmas Special has started filming and, unless it's a two doctor story with a new Doctor and 11 during the 200 years between the start of S6 and end of S6, it means that the theory is wrong.